“Great Service Lovely Hotel”

Swissotel Merchant Court Singapore
Ranked #38 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We have enjoyed our stay very much. The service standard from the time we arrived till we checked out was very good indeed from the concierge & front desk to housekeeping staff.

Chazel at front desk reception & Clarissa at Level 2 Spa/Gym were exceptional and simply outstanding with her customer service

Thank you for the pleasant and wonderful stay and look forward to our next visit in 2015

Review collected in partnership with Swissotel Hotels & Resorts
SingaporeMerchantCT, General Manager at Swissotel Merchant Court Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Steve T,

Thank you for your kind compliments. It is truly an honour for me to receive your praises and my team and I are warmed by your commendations that you have showered us with especially your mention of our team members, Chrizel and Clarissa. Your comments are important to us and will definitely motivate us to improve our service standards to ensure the highest level of guest satisfaction. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back again at Swissôtel Merchant Court on your next visit in 2015!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Stayed here for a week. saw cockroach outside my door.
The prize are very high.
Location of the hotel is very good. The pool is small. The room that i stayed in was noisy. i could hear the neighbour coming in and out.

Review collected in partnership with Swissotel Hotels & Resorts
SingaporeMerchantCT, General Manager at Swissotel Merchant Court Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Daniel C,

Thank you for your review. Please allow me to extend my apologies for the disappointment encountered over your stay with us. Please be assured that the cleanliness of the hotel is held as one of our top priorities and that every effort will be made to ensure the comfort of our guests at all times. Nevertheless, immediate actions have been taken and that I hope that this incident will not mar your impression of us. My team and I hope to have another opportunity to welcome you again with the standards you have come to expect.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Walking distance to everything that you might want and a great starting point to discover Singapore from as it is just walking distance from the MRT station. Overall my stay was excellent with the service provided. Right in front of the bridge for you to cross over to Clarke Quay and all its' splendors.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank izreinjj

Dear izreinjj,

Thank you for your kind review. I am delighted to note that you enjoyed the convenience of our location and our Swiss hospitality during your stay with us. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back at Swissôtel Merchant Court in the near future.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

There is no longer a good location hotel in Singapore. And is next door to the subway as connected, has a swimming pool is great, no doubt many travelers to choose this hotel.
Can bear fully the view of Clarke Quay fantastic, so many good restaurants around.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank YUNSEOKCHOI

Dear Yunseok C,

Thank you for your kind compliments. I am delighted to hear that you and your family had a pleasant stay with us and particularly enjoyed the convenience of our hotel’s location as well as our facilities in particular the Swimming Pool. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back again at Swissôtel Merchant Court in the near future.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

So, the people who work here are magnificent. But beyond that, it's rather disappointing. Everything here is overpriced. I ordered an $18 Margarita. I confirmed the ingredients - listed in the menu and that it was fresh - no mix. But it was a mix! And so awful. But worse, was the Whiskey Sour - also a mix even though it too listed only the usual ingredients. And also $18. Both drinks were delivered in a small, small glass which was not filled 1" from the top! The pool is no good for laps. If you must stay here, go to the St. Regis next door for the best drinks and bar scene anywhere.

Room Tip: On the 10th or 11th floor face the Marina Bay Sands. Below that, face the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear RCnNC,

Thank you for your sharing your comments with us. I am pleased to receive your high praises of our team members, which is truly an honour to note. At the same time, it is with much regret to learn that the concoctions at the bar were not up to your expectations which I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the disappointment felt. Your feedback has been duly shared with the team for improvement and I hope for the opportunity to welcome you back again and provide you with the standards you have come to experience.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We ordered a kingsize bed, but were told we had to upgrade during the check-in to get what we wanted. This made the stay 30% more expensive than planed just to get what we had ordered. This is something that should not happen. The rooms were nice, and the rest of the hotell was clean and had a good standard.

Dear Nikolas J,

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us. I apologise for the unavailability of your request on the King size bed which I am afraid is subject to availability and room category booked. Nonetheless, I am glad that you were pleased with the alternative room offered and enjoyed the comforts in overall. Once again, thank you for your feedback and my team and I look forward to another opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The best thing about this hotel is its prime location near Clark Quay and the MRT, with lots of local shopping in Liang Court for example, access to river cruises, & limitless restaurants.

I have to say I am concerned about the room images advertised on the web page. We were given two rooms, both much smaller than advertised.
-The first had an inch of dust around the carpet edges that has not been vacuumed for a long time with a damp/musty smell.
-Most things did not work well including; doors, lights, drawers, air-con , plug sockets.
-Sound proofing was non-existent.
-Bathroom damage e.g. tiling/grouting repairs amateurishly botched.
Not a great deal of working storage.

The second room had a relatively better condition with;
- newer carpet ,a chair
- new wall mounted TV and headboard
All in all more trendy style but had the same problems with: size, bathroom, sound proofing and electrics. Less storage (no drawers), inadequate and inflexible air-conditioning .

The rooms and corridors were not super clean as one would expect in Singapore . In contrast to the public areas of this hotel that were maintained to a higher standard.

The staff were lovely but in the restaurant there was a lack of management structure and anything other than the most strait forward request caused confusion and anxiety, for example presenting a voucher (vouchers as with the USA seems to be common in Singapore).

The pool was great, quiet , clean and serviced well.

Porters , bar , concierge & reception staff were generally lovely and altogether more functional / autonomous. They were more confident with making decisions or being proactive, giving a less anxious level of service.

Knowing Singapore as well as I do I would not need to return to this hotel other than for the location if I could get a good reduction off the tariff. There a countless hotels to choose from, standards are high. Travel and taxis, eating out, facilities and attractions are all very affordable in Singapore (although wine is comparatively expensive ). For me the rooms let the hotel down . The better room was only a surface makeover and did not address the real issues. Had the webpage been more honest about the condition of the hotel and the pending refurbishment I would not have been as disappointed.

Room Tip: Check the room first. Clarify if double bed essential. Don't expect the rooms advertised there w...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank travelmuch_11

Dear travelmuch_11,

Thank you for the taking time to share your review on your recent stay with us. Your detailed feedback is much appreciated and areas which were highlighted have been duly looked into including the upkeep of the rooms, working conditions of the amenities, as well as the service standards in the restaurant. The other concerns you raised over working storage and sound proofing are also most helpful for us in our constant endeavour to review and improve in time to come, which I thank you for your kind patience and understanding meanwhile. At the same time, I am glad that you were pleased with the convenience of our hotel’s location, facilities as well as the Swiss Hospitality extended by our team members. Once again, I apologise for the disappointment felt and my team and I hope for another opportunity to welcome you again with the standards that you have come expect.