“Great hotel”

Swissotel Merchant Court Singapore
Ranked #37 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 9 August 2014

My wife and I spent 4 nights in the Swissôtel Merchant Court Singapore in August 2014.

Positive points:
- good location (Chinatown, etc. just a few minutes away)
- MRT station just next to the hotel (Clarke Quay)
- Shuttle bus available from the airport for SGD 9.- per person (ask information desk at the airport)
- very friendly staff
- free WIFI works very well
- hotel room is clean and the bed was comfortable
- the pool is really nice and big enough
- on the check-out day they offered us free late-check out till 2 pm (on our demand)

Not so positive point(s):
- our room (no. 337, third floor) was unfortunately located at the Merchant Road side. This is a very busy street and the windows are not good isolated, so it was difficult so sleep without earplugs.

Conclusion:
We recommend this hotel and would book it again if we would plan to visit Singapore again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kevin W
SingaporeMerchantCT, General Manager at Swissotel Merchant Court Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Kevin W,

Thank you for the kind review on your recent stay at Swissôtel Merchant Court. I am truly honoured and heartened to receive your generous compliments. Your commendations will certainly act as an encouragement for my team and I to always improve and serve all our guests even better. We look forward to welcoming you and your partner again on your next visit to Singapore in the near future.

Rainer Tenius

Write a ReviewReviews (5,037)

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Nice and convenient hotel in Singapore.
Located in the city center near to China town Station.
Hotel service is high level and lean room.
Breakfast buffet is very good.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Shin555Mikan
SingaporeMerchantCT, General Manager at Swissotel Merchant Court Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear三上真,

Thank you for your kind compliments. I am delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and have enjoyed the convenience of our location, the breakfast spread, as well as our Swiss Hospitality. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back again at Swissôtel Merchant Court in the near future.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Stayed for 2 nights. Arrived early in morning from Uk, room not available but was given coffees and use of the spa facilities to freshen up. Did not take long for us to be able to get in room. Location of hotel is great right next to Clarke's Quay, MRT and hop on - hop off bus stop. Room was spacious and bathroom good size but could do with some TLC as lot of the tiles cracked. Breakfast gave lots of choice with usual fruit, cereals juices etc but also hot western and eastern food as well. this is a great centrally located hotel giving easy access to many of Singapore's sites. Very friendly, helpful staff as we'll.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking Clarke's Quay might be noisy at night.l
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Liz H

Dear Liz H,

Thank you for your kind compliments. I am delighted to hear that you and your partner had a pleasant time with us and have particularly enjoyed our location, comfort of our rooms, Food & Beverage offerings, as well as our Swiss Hospitality. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

The Clarke Quay MRT and Central Shopping Mall are just at the doorstep! The room is very spacious for my family of 2 adults and 2 kids. The room rate is excellent for value given the convenient location, spacioius room and swimming pool. In this hustle and bustle city, you felt like staying in a resort!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Belinda C,

Thank you for your kind compliments. I am pleased to note that you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us during your trip to Singapore. My team and I are certainly warmed by your support and we thank you once again for sharing your experience with us. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

No hotel staffs greeted us when we arrived at the hotel. Very unwelcoming experience. We booked the premium king room but only to find out the layout of the room was in very odd angular shape. Horror of horros, the room decor was very old and dated.

Dear Ramson Y,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback. I regret to learn of your disappointment felt during your stay with us and would like to extend my profound apologies to you and your family for the shortfall in experience encountered. Please be assured that this is not representative of what we seek to achieve and your comments will definitely serve as an important reminder for us to constantly improve our standards and offerings. We hope for another opportunity to welcome you and your partner back again for an experience you have come to expect.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We have enjoyed our stay very much. The service standard from the time we arrived till we checked out was very good indeed from the concierge & front desk to housekeeping staff.

Chazel at front desk reception & Clarissa at Level 2 Spa/Gym were exceptional and simply outstanding with her customer service

Thank you for the pleasant and wonderful stay and look forward to our next visit in 2015

Dear Steve T,

Thank you for your kind compliments. It is truly an honour for me to receive your praises and my team and I are warmed by your commendations that you have showered us with especially your mention of our team members, Chrizel and Clarissa. Your comments are important to us and will definitely motivate us to improve our service standards to ensure the highest level of guest satisfaction. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back again at Swissôtel Merchant Court on your next visit in 2015!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Stayed here for a week. saw cockroach outside my door.
The prize are very high.
Location of the hotel is very good. The pool is small. The room that i stayed in was noisy. i could hear the neighbour coming in and out.

Dear Daniel C,

Thank you for your review. Please allow me to extend my apologies for the disappointment encountered over your stay with us. Please be assured that the cleanliness of the hotel is held as one of our top priorities and that every effort will be made to ensure the comfort of our guests at all times. Nevertheless, immediate actions have been taken and that I hope that this incident will not mar your impression of us. My team and I hope to have another opportunity to welcome you again with the standards you have come to expect.