I think the staff are certainly what makes the hotel - I had nothing but really, really friendly and lovely people helping me the entire time.
I stayed at this hotel for a business trip for 5 nights and checked in after a 13 hour flight from the UK. I checked in really quickly and went straight to sleep - had no issues due to black out curtains and it was very quiet even though it was 8:30am.
The room is a really nice size and I had a King size, very comfy bed. The room also has a desk which I found very useful as was using my laptop a lot of the time - The Wifi is 'OK', it's not the fastest, however it did the trick.
1. Clean room
2. Comfy bed
3. The Tea and coffee selection was brilliant
4. 2 Nice sized bathrobes
5. Complimentary water replenished every day
Things that need to be improved:
1. Grouting around edges is discoloured and doesn't look attractive
2. Black spots in bathroom
3. Cracked tiles in bathroom
4. My TV didn't seem to work - apparently it had a poor signal.
None of the things that need to be improved spoiled my trip - I didn't really have time to watch TV, however having it on in the background would have been nice... and if you're here to relax, I imagine you may want to use it at some point. Equally the 'look' of the bathroom wasn't a massive issue - the shower worked fine and I had toiletries etc... However I guess it's all about managing expectations,
I was working in the room when room service came - again, the staff were so polite and nice, it really made a difference.
I spent a lot of time in the lounge area, doing interviews and we were regularly asked if we wanted tea / coffee / food - nothing was too much trouble and when the bar was closed, one of the staff got another colleague to bring tea and coffee from the cafe area, which was situated at the other end of the lobby - Basically, nothing was too much trouble for them.
We tried breakfast at the hotel once - It was OK... My hot water and tea bag took longer to come than my colleagues coffee and they forgot my milk :-( The breakfast buffet seemed quite substantial and they had a lot of different varieties of fruit, which I really liked.
Good location for various things and plenty of taxis out the front which was good - I am planning on coming back soon and wouldn't have a problem using this hotel again for business, however if I was reccomending a hotel to someone coming to Singapore on a holiday, then I'd suggest perhaps weighing up the cost per night with some of the better rated hotels on Trip Advisor if you're looking for the 5 star experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Swissotel Merchant Court, Singapore offers the best of both worlds: a central-city location and resort-style ambience. The hotel is ideally located on the banks of the Singapore River, next to Clarke Quay Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) station. Facilities including two award-winning restaurants, one contemporary bar, a resort-style swimming pool, 24-hour Fitness Centre and Purovel Spa & Sport, the region's first luxury Swiss spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Fairmont Hotels, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Swissotel Merchant Court Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel Merchant Court Hotel Singapore
- Swissotel Merchant Court Singapore