Have stayed at the Swissotel MC on 2 previous occasions, but was awfully worried about my booking as ALL previous reviews on TA are exceptionally unflattering ( to say the least). To be brief - all my worries were in vain, Swissotel MC greeted me with its usual class of impeccable service, nice rooms and perfectly trained staff. I was totally happy with my stay (as always). To the details then...
1/ Stayed in Classic room. Two downsides in the beginning - rabbit ears prehistoric TV (workable though) and a bit dated bathroom (bathtub especially). The rest is absolutely nice. The comfiest beds for your jet-legged body, very quiet AC, tea-coffee making facilities, mini bar, working desk and sitting area. Room size appx. 28 sq.m. Carpet on the floor is dated too, but the result of proper work of housekeeping in definitely seen, as even dated carpet is properly shampooed and feels fresh under your feet. Room also equipped with iron+ironing board, safe box, Internet connection, sleepers, but no bathrobes?? All towels and linens are snowy-white and crispy clean. No stains or other pleasantries.
My room was facing the pool, and I never had a problem with noise or loud sounds as the previous reviewers mentioned. The windows were dusty though.........Some facade cleaning will be handy.
2/ Location. Perfect... nothing to add. This is Clarke Quay, the place I always love to stay
and recommend to anyone, especially first-timers. MRT - 10 m from the hotel main entrance. Taxis are waved by the doorman.
3/ Swimming pool. Very busy and popular during any time of day. One day I ventured to do my routine laps at 8 am and found out myself in the same busy environment. Guests just love MC pool. I do not blame them. LOL
4/ Breakfast. The best I had in Singapore. 100% European oriented, no Asian sections, but perfectly staffed with freshly squeezed juices ( celery and carrot!!!), pastry, smoked
salmon, 7 kinds of cheese, jars of jelly and peanut butter....you name it ... they have it. I enjoyed every moment of my morning meal in the cozy ambiance of Market Cafe. Highly recommended. And their freshly brewed caffee - never tasted a better one!
5/ Staff. Perfectly trained, very polite, efficient and accommodating. Had no problem with check-in/ out. Was given a late check-out in a blink after I requested such.
6/ Internet. Very expensive. 16 SGD for 2 hours. Better have free WiFi in any cafe in Clarke Quay or Riverside Point.
7/ Conclusion : I would definitely stay in this hotel again ( and again, and again) as it never gave me a chance to doubt its level and standard of Swiss hospitality. With this choice of accommodation I always get much more than a room to sleep and place to stay, I get the awareness in the quality that is carefully maintained and thoughtfully delivered to the guests.
8/ I`d be glad to answer you question if you have any.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Swissotel Merchant Court, Singapore offers the best of both worlds: a central-city location and resort-style ambience. The hotel is ideally located on the banks of the Singapore River, next to Clarke Quay Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) station. Facilities including two award-winning restaurants, one contemporary bar, a resort-style swimming pool, 24-hour Fitness Centre and Purovel Spa & Sport, the region's first luxury Swiss spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Southall Travel and Agoda so you can book your Swissotel Merchant Court Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel Merchant Court Hotel Singapore
- Swissotel Merchant Court Singapore