Swissotel Merchant Court Singapore
  • Fitness centre
  • Restaurant
The Quay Hotel(Singapore)
5,424 results
All reviewsclarke quayblue potatogreat locationcentral mallmrt stationrestaurants and barsnight lifeexecutive clubexecutive roomnespresso machinestayed here for nightsbuffet breakfastnice poolan upgradelate checklong flightmarina bay
Reviewed 30 September 2010

Booked this hotel online after reading many reviews. Was not disappointed. While it was expensive, it was worth it. Great location on the Singapore River(Clarke Quay) made access to the river, CBD, Chinatown easy. We sprung for the Club level room, which guaranteed a room on top floors, 10 to 12; and provided free breakfast buffet and happy hour on 11th floor. Breakfast and happy hour were a cut above the usual and the location provides a wonderful view of CBD, Financial District and Marina Bay Sands. We were provided a 10th floor room with good view. But I requested a higher room with same view and was put on waiting list. After a day we were moved to corner room on 12th(highest floor) with even better view. The service is so good, they seem to know intuitively what you want. Best ever. It was expensive, especially during Formula 1 week, but work it. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 27 September 2010

This is a large hotel which seems to have an equal mix of business use (business-like lobby with associated facilities, apparent regular conferences and training areas) and tourists (with the resort-like pool area), making it slightly confused. The best thing about the hotel is the location right on Clarke Quay, which is a colourful and bustling area in the evening to eat and drink. It is also easily walk-able to other parts of the city including the Colonial Area, Chinatown and the Esplanade area.

The standard room was quite basic and a little dated, but was clean enough. The corridor near the lift area was a little noisy at times. The pool is large, but there seems to be not quite enough room for sun-loungers around it, so they are crammed into a few rows on one side.

Breakfast was comprehensive, but also very busy and the staff seemed to have a difficult time keeping up to speed with it at times, and the quality of some of the items was not great.

I would recommend it for the value and great location, but do not come expecting more than 3 star quality.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank thub
Reviewed 26 September 2010

It was my 3rd trip to Singapore but my 1st time to stay at the Swissotel Merchant Court. Overall I am satisfied with my stay at the hotel. However, there are some aspects of this hotel which hinders it from being a truly top class property.

The best thing about the hotel is its location. And the room which I requested for (river view) was nice. However, I was a bit disappointed with the service.

1. When I checked into the hotel, the front desk staff was cold, didn't smile and said No to every one of my requests. I had arrived at @1:30pm to check in and asked if there was a chance I could check in a bit earlier. She said "No" very curtly. She then asked if I wanted a double or king bed. I told her that I had requested for a king bed when I made the reservation months ago, and also just made a call that morning to confirm my reservation. So, her question came to me as a bit of a mindless one.

2. Even though I had booked my hotel room through an internet site, I don't understand and find it very petty that my room wasn't given complimentary water. Actually, the price I paid vi internet booking wasn't that cheap. The point I am making is that how come a hotel such as the Swissotel can't think of the bigger picture and just give the comp water? Isn't that a basic neccessity? It is that small things which really can make or break the impression of a hotel. It reflects that that hotel is really petty when it comes to these things. I made a complaint about this fact to the front desk and hope that the message is conveyed to the general manager.

So, all in all the hotel was fine. But if you are looking for first class, Swissotel still has a way to go. But if you want a simple, conveniently located hotel with basic service, then this is the place.

2  Thank ireneseoul
Reviewed 25 September 2010

This nice hotel is located directly on one of Singapore's coolest attractions: Clarke Quay. The hotel is very nice... in the 5 star zone, no doubt, but they know it. Singapore's an expensive town, but this property might be a little above the average cost of a comparable hotel. And really, When are these places gonna stop charging ridiculous fees for internet? So expensive that I choose against paying for it, it was cheaper for me to buy a local data plan for my iphone. Very convenient to shopping and transportation. The concierge staff was top-notch! If you must stay near Clarke Quay, this is your place!.... plan in advance, maybe you'll get a reasonable rate!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Filmcraft
Reviewed 23 September 2010

Stayed at Swissotel Merchant Court for 3 day stopover in Singapore. Top marks in every department for service, friendliness, cleanliness, room size and amenitie even had international power points! Our check in was quick - it needed to be at 4am! - with pleasant staff to greet us. We had views to the Singapore Flyer from one window and to the River from another window. Clarke Quay affords lovely riverside walks and is within walking distance to Chinatown, there is an MRT station opposite the hotel making it is easy to get around Singapore for shopping and sightseeing. We would be happy to stay here again and will be recommending it to family and friends.