Swissotel Merchant Court is a lovely quaint hotel just off the busy city center. It is within 5 minutes walking distance to Clarke Quay the center of Singapore's nightlife where throngs of both locals and expats alike gather over the weekends to dine or party the night away. Somehow staying in Swissotel Merchant Court makes me feel like I am away from the hustle of Singapore city life, a great place to stay overnight even as a Singaporean. The hotel room is styled in old Straits Chinese with British influence. Though the hotel has been around for a while and looks a little worn out around the edges, it is clean and excellently maintained. The hotel has a huge free form swimming pool with a cascading waterfall where you can enjoy a little massage on your shoulders standing under it. It also has a fairly large gym that is split into 3 levels, which I didn't explore until my last day. Indeed it is a great place to relax and is located just next to Clarke Quay MRT station which you can use to connect to the most of Singapore. The Swissotel Merchant Court is also located near a Japanese mall called Liang Court, where many Japanese expats like to dine and pick up their weekly groceries. If you are into cream puff pastries, be sure to check out Tampopo Deli.
I had two minor hiccups while staying in the hotel and the GM was very responsive to address. Firstly, the housekeeping kept coming to my room to check, which I didn't really understand why. I suppose most people would be out in the afternoon but I was staying in to rest that day so that became fairly annoying after it happened more than twice. Secondly, the keycard was not sensitive and I each time I spent minutes trying to access my room. All in all it was a lovely hotel stay and I would recommend it to anyone who needs a little of peace and rest amidst bustling Singapore city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Swissotel Merchant Court, Singapore offers the best of both worlds: a central-city location and resort-style ambience. The hotel is ideally located on the banks of the Singapore River, next to Clarke Quay Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) station. Facilities including two award-winning restaurants, one contemporary bar, a resort-style swimming pool, 24-hour Fitness Centre and Purovel Spa & Sport, the region's first luxury Swiss spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fairmont Hotels, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Swissotel Merchant Court Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel Merchant Court Hotel Singapore
- Swissotel Merchant Court Singapore