“Definitely will come back!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Fairmont Singapore

Fairmont Singapore
Ranked #16 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
Hong kong
“Definitely will come back!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

We go to Singapore for family vacation, shopping and dining and amusement parks at least twice a year. This time with a credit card promotion, we stayed at Fairmont [ first time] for 3 nights, after a 3-day stay at Santosa resort first.

We usually stayed at another nearby hotel when we visit Singapore where my husband's company has a corporate rate.

This is a truly surprise for us and we just fall in love with Fairmount. One word can conclude: Generous!

Let's talk about the hardware first. You can tell the hotel is generous, not just with all the amentities in the best quality. Linen is crisp and starch white, towels are thick and abundant and new! The bed is high and very expensive mattress. Also they use Bose sound system and with all the goodies. The balcony overlooking the Singapore eyes and Raffles Hotel just spectacular! Room is fresh and clean, spotless and no dirty corners!!!

We also love the breakfast, it's " Generous" and there are two choices, by the pool or down at Prego. There are more than 10 kinds of juices to choose from ...and all sorts of bread and pastry...plus other hot stuff

My 5-year old daughter loves the pool and the staff are very friendly to little kids! My 76 year old dad also loves the stay cuz the staff are also attentive to the elderly.

Location is another star, there's mall with a big basement of over tens nice restaurants for us to choose from, and a supermarket and drug store for us to shop. Best part is the mall, I can go shopping and unload all the bags back to the room and go back shopping again in no time whilst daddy and daughter stays at the pool and grandpa napping in the room. Very convenient!

The staff are very friendly and professional.. They are sincere and human and are willing to help. We are talking here a family with old, young and they are always so kind.

Definitely value for money!

Their service is so good that it makes me more than willingly to tips more, and from bottom of my heart to show my gratitude !

Room Tip: Pls for a room overlooking the street, instead of the pool so you can have a very nice view of Singa...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
FairmontSingapore, Quality Manager at Fairmont Singapore, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Fiona,

We are delighted to read that you had a lovely stay and enjoyed the hotel’s high quality room amenities, spectacular view of the bay, great breakfast spread at Prego and Alligator Pear, friendly and attentive staff, great service and the convenience of the location with the wide variety of the shops and restaurants in the vicinity.

We can’t wait to welcome you back!

Quality Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,127)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

We picked the Fairmont for its central location, its directly next to Raffles and has a massive shopping centre complete with its own MRT underground station. Its also a very short taxi ride from Ku De Ta and Clarke Quay.

The Fairmont consists of two towers of generous height. I cant comment on the lobby as this was under extensive refurbishment (we were notified in advance) but this did not limit or hinder our stay.

Check In was fast and the girl was unbelievably helpful in suggesting things to do and see. Our room was on a high floor and was city facing rather than bay facing which wasnt a problem really

The room itself is large and is exactly as you would expect from a 5 star global chain of hotels. Everything works, is of good quality and is kind of “soulless” but that was only after staying in two boutique hotels in Hong Kong and Koh Samui.

The only problem with the room was the large gap under the front door. This meant in the morning it could be noisy with maids or other guests. This appeared to be a feature rather than a fault as all doors were like this.

We chose to have breakfast down by the pool and this was a decent affair with the usual global selection of foods on offer. The in room mini bar was typical 5 star hotel pricing where your paying through the nose of not a lot of food or drink.

As before the location is great for getting around and seeing Singapore.

TIP: Join the Fairmont Singapore club before you get here(its free to join). You can then use the priority check in desk and more importantly wifi is free of charge. If not the wifi rates are absolutely ridiculous.

Room Tip: Join the presidents club before for priority check in and free wifi.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ScottGlasgow
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

We always stay here when we go to Singapore due to its excellent location - connected to Raffles City shopping mall and the City Hall MRT station.

The rooms are also a very good size and there is a Nespresso machine in each room.

Warning, when we went in October 2013, at around 9-10pm nightly the entire hotel lobby is transformed into a construction area and you have to walk past these drapes / workers / dust to get to your hotel elevators. Not sure how long this will last.

The staff is very friendly, but service needs improvement. Why?

#1 Cleanliness: Our previous stay in May 2013, we already noticed our rooms were not being cleaned very well despite us leaving a substantial tip and note for the cleaner daily. My toddlers take their meals in the hotel room and can be quite messy, and I do clean up after them but I leave some pieces deliberately to check if they've vacuumed well. When you enter the room after 'housekeeping' everything seems to be in place but a closer look at the floors would show you that they have not been vacuumed. It's not even 'missing a spot' but generally NO vacuuming whatsoever as the 'bits' in the centre of the room have not even been removed. This current stay, the same thing happened and I called them up again to show them and they sent someone up to vacuum it again. You can also look up at the bathroom lights and see dustballs, as well as under the beds.

#2 Coordination. I requested for a baby crib in my reservation and it was confirmed, and being a Fairmont President's Club member they emailed me again a few days before our trip to reconfirm everything and I reminded them again of the crib. Upon check in at around 7:15pm I reminded them again as it was already close to my twins' bedtime. They assured me it would be sent up. Going upstairs, no crib in the room. The crib was sent up at 8:45pm - my twins were already sleeping by then and they ended up just sleeping in the regular beds - and at 9:30pm, someone called to ask if the crib was already there. I told them yes, and it arrived late, and to not call at such a late hour anymore as it would wake the kids. The next morning, in a corner of the same floor, I found another baby crib. I think they mistakenly sent up a crib twice and could not confirm if it had been delivered or not.

Anyways, as with the other reviews, yes the hotel needs some renovations. I think that is what they're doing currently actually. The staff are always friendly and helpful and smiling.

On a plus note, we were upgraded to a Grand room so our room was very big!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Belly2007
Dear Guest,

Our sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused. We will be reaching out to you separately for information that will help us conduct an investigation and a detailed follow-up with the relevant departments. At the same time, we appreciate your feedback on the friendly and helpful staff and the convenient location.

We look forward to your next visit!

Singapore, null, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed overnight at Fairmont Singapore. Chose a Deluxe double bed room. Check-in was a breeze. The front office reception staff is generally friendly and helpful. Currently the hotel lobby is in the midst of a refurbishment. Was surprised that the bedroom is huge compared to other hotel equivalent rooms that we have stayed elsewhere. The design of the room is pretty simple and plain, however the toilets/ bathroom looks more contemporary and chic. The beds are very comfortable. Amenities in the room are well layed out.
We especially like the Nespresso coffee machine which came with 3 capsules !

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank LKH131
Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

I spent ten nights at the hotel while on business and was very satisfied. The room had an excellent view, and the large bathroom was a major plus. On the nightstand was a central operations unit which meant that lights, A/C, drapes, do not disturb sign, etc could all be operated with a push of a button. This was a two bed room, and the controls were individual for each bedside.

The service was almost embarrassingly attentive. Working in my room one afternoon there was a steady stream of friendly staff offering more bottles of water, fresh towels, etc. The Concierge staff were always eager to help with questions or requests, always smiling; I saw the same man on duty for over twelve hours and still he was smiling.

I enjoyed the spa, and the poolside casual dining. The main breakfast restaurant on the main floor was rather manic owing to a vast buffet array, so one visit was enough for me. I also ate in the formal dining room one evening and enjoyed that too, although again, I found the service almost too attentive for my taste.

The hotel is connected to a mall and I was able to reach the Suntec Convention Centre without having to go out into the heat and humidity.

The only suggestion I would have for the hotel is that with such a well appointed bathroom, please provide a good hairdryer. The one available was so weak it could hardly dry my hair. I have stayed in other Fairmonts where an excellent dryer was provided.

Otherwise, this was one of my best business hotel stays ever.

Room Tip: Singapore is compact: a higher floor offers a view of a range of well known sights.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Our mission is to turn moments into memories for our guests, thus it makes us really happy to know that you had a memorable stay. We’re glad to hear that you had a near perfect hotel experience such as the excellent view, attentive service, great breakfast spread at Prego, and the convenience of the location. Please rest assured that we will continue our pursuit for excellence in service.

We look forward to your next visit!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

Once again I stayed at the Fairmont Singapore during my yearly business trip. I am was pleased to see that the Hotel is undergoing renovations, hopefully this will be done quickly and good taste.The check in was smooth and the staff made me feel as if I was returning home. I always ask for the same type of room in the south tower, this time it was 2025. Overall I am pleased with my stay but I noticed that they are cutting some corners, the turndown service should never be on request in a 5* property. The restaurant Prego on the ground floor, can be very noisy at breakfast time, during this visit the service was a bit of a let down. Singapore does have some fantastic properties, if the Fairmont wants to retain their position in the market, they need to act very quickly.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Adriano A
Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

Recently renovated premium rooms on level 6 & 7 are very nice. However the constant banging, hammering and drilling during the day and at night was annoying to say the least. Drilling noise could still be heard after 9.30pm at night. They are currently renovating level 8 and the main foyer. Management claimed that all noise stopped by 6.30pm which was not true.
If they upgrade all the remaining rooms of the hotel to the same standard as the premium rooms, then the hotel will be a five star again. Good location with shopping centre and train station close by.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank aussieleeann
Dear Guest,

Our sincere apologies for the inconveniences. Your feedback will definitely help us serve you better on your next visit. At the same time, we appreciate your compliments on the hotel’s great location and the nice refurbished Fairmont Premier Rooms.

We hope to welcome you back!