“Great location and big room”
Review of Fairmont Singapore

Fairmont Singapore
Ranked #17 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Western Australia, Australia
“Great location and big room”
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

Overall good stay, impressive big signature room with interconnecting room for the kids. Very friendly staff. Slow check in according to fully booked time in December. We got the room at 4pm while waited in hotel guest club at level 6. You can get access to comfortable sofa, tv for kids, coffee, tea and water. We join president club for free as it offers free (fast) internet for our stay with Fairmont around the world.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
FairmontSingapore, Quality Manager at Fairmont Singapore, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear RH_SH_13,

Our mission is to turn moments into memories for our guests, thus it makes us really happy to know that you had a memorable stay. Please rest assured that we will continue our pursuit for excellence in service.

We hope to welcome you back at Fairmont Singapore!

Quality Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,150)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Shanghai Region, China
Reviewed 4 January 2014

My wife and I had stayed in September and enjoyed a fantastic weekend. See my earlier great review.

Unfortunately I've stayed 2 times since on business and the experience has been poor. On the last stay I was placed in the north tower - I didn't realize there was another tower! The room was right by the elevator doors and was sub-standard. The carpet and furniture were stained and bathroom grungy. I called the front desk and was moved to another room but it was clear the staff were not happy about it. I had also asked for a late check out - this wasn't even considered and I was charged for an additional half day. There were errors on my bill at check out and getting these fixed turned into a time consuming issue.

Breakfast - the restaurant is a busy buffet and they weren't restocking clean juice glasses, replenishing some of the food items, etc.

I'm a Fairmont Gold member and often stay with this chain. Unfortunately there is zero recognition for this loyalty. I'm also and SPG and IHG member - way better recognition (free internet, late checkout, room upgrades).

As much as I like Fairmont I won't be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear rtw99,

Our sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused. We will be reaching out to you separately for information that will help us conduct an investigation and a detailed follow-up with the relevant departments. Your feedback will definitely help us serve you better on your next visit.

We look forward to your next visit.

Best regards,
Vancouver
Reviewed 4 January 2014

The staff at this hotel are one and all fantastic! The service is superb and everyone is truly caring!
The Fairmont is a great place to stay in Singapore as the location is very convenient.
We were unwell unfortunately, but if one had to be unwell, we we're fortunate to be in such a Hotel. The Staff at the Fairmont took such great care of us and the Room Service was great. We used it a great deal!
We won't stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: The newly refurbished rooms are in the South Wing but the older ones in the North wing are much room...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Golf-a-go-go,

We’re glad to read that you had a fantastic stay with us and enjoyed the hotel’s superb service, great staff and the convenient location. Rest assured that we will continue to seek ways to improve and fulfill our mission of turning moments into memories for our guests.

Thank you for choosing Fairmont Singapore!

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Just spent an excellent 6 nights here with my partner from 24-30 Dec in a newly renovated North Wing Fairmont Premier Room. Special thanks to front desk staff member Azri who checked me in and really looked after me.

I've always previously stayed in a Deluxe South Tower room over the last 13+ years, so it was a nice change of view, as well as a fantastic new room - lovely having a view over the pool areas to Marina Bay itself - the Esplanade Theatres and MBS resort lit up at night with amazing light shows.

The room was beautifully furnished and it's worth noting that the Peranakan feel is far cosier than the Deluxe South Tower rooms - dark wood features throughout like bathroom shutters and ceiling cornices, plus modern art works above the bed and on the walls in Peranakan colours. The room lighting is excellent and high quality Le Labo toiletry products are provided in the spacious bathroom - NB: No bath in the room, but the shower stall is large and has space for folded towels and a raindrop shoer head with great water pressure.

I had initially booked a "stay 3 nights, pay 2" Amex promotion, but cancelled when i realised it was far cheaper just to book via Agoda. Rather odd that this would be the case? - but instead of having breakfast included we went without and ate in the adjoining Raffles City mall instead.
Seeing the queues for Pregos each morning, I was rather glad that we chose to go our own way for breakfast. I'd highly recommend the Tiong Bahru bakery stall immediately below the hotel as you exit via the art shop. Great coffee and delicious sandwiches and pastries.

I truly think it worth commenting on the convenience of this property being located within Raffles City and beside City Hall MRT station - it DOES make a difference to one's experience having everything immediately accessible - be it a 24/7 Maccas & Starbucks on site, a supermarket and innumerable eateries in the mall or the great range of shops.

A really dependable hotel choice for Singapore that I recommend without hesitation.
Can't wait to return.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Garyin,

Thank you for the excellent review, it gives us great pleasure to know you had a great experience during your stay at Fairmont Singapore. Thank you for the many compliments especially the beautifully refurbished room at the North Tower, excellent amenties and the excellent view with a convenient location.

Thank you for recommending Fairmont Singapore!

Best regards,
California
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Had a three night stay at this property; two intentional nights, and a third when I missed my flight back to the US(!). I mention this because it necessitated a room change. My first room was an executive club room with a full view out over Suntec, and it was fabulous. Really awesome view straight off the end of the bed. A very comfortable room, great bathroom, full amenities and comfortable king bed. I would recommend getting the club floor access if staying for business, as this club is very well set up for meetings. Staff is excellent throughout the property, but especially in the club. In the evening the food setup is actually enough to have a full dinner, so if tired it's not even necessary to go out, although there is lots of food within very easy walking distance (it's Singapore after all!), and if you want a $20 beer, Chymes is right next door. The hotel is well situated to access many good locations in the city in fact.mMy second room, necessitated by oversleeping (in turn caused by a few too many of the aforementioned beers, although not from Chymes), was on a lower floor and didn't have the view. It was still a nice room, but I had been spoiled. In short, I will stay here again on my next swing through Singapore, but I'll ask for the view and for several alarm calls in the morning.

Room Tip: Business travelers spring for the club rooms, and ask for the view over Suntec.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Excellent all around. Stayed with the GF for a weekend. We got a room in the newly-renovated wing and everything was great. Room was large, nice, bed was so comfortable you don't want to leave it. Bathroom was large. Staff was great. It is attached to a mall with a large food court on the bottom floor. MRT is right outside.

No complaints.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shivarising
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I have been trying a few hotels in Singapore and the Fairmont was recommended by some of my colleagues.

The rooms are a little worn out and would definitely benefit from an upgrade (I would date them at best as having been refurbished in the mid to late 90's, which makes them 15 to 20 years old... but maybe am wrong). It seems that there is currently some works being done for this as the elevator had two different kind of key systems (swipe and non contact) which had me go back to the reception as I didnt understand mine was a swipe one.

Tried to order some in house dining when I was there but after trying 3 times staying more than 5 minutes with the phone ringing, I gave up and ended up in the food court in the mall below.

For Breakfast, I went to the swimming pool area. Buffet is quite limited and quality average (but not bad, just average). Haven't tried the food otherwise (even though I tried!).

All in, dont get me wrong, it's not a bad hotel its just very average and for me it's not a four star or very borderline.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Zion51,

Thank you for the feedback! Regarding the room conditions, we are glad to inform that we’re currently undergoing a major refurbishment of the guestrooms to serve you better. Your feedback will definitely help us serve you better on your next visit.

We hope to welcome you back.