“My favourite spot in Singapore”
Review of Fairmont Singapore

Fairmont Singapore
Ranked #19 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I love the hotel, the staff, location and views to south east! If you stay here, you will love it. Lots of nice bakeries and coffee places downstairs and short walk to Chijmes with more reataurants and pubs. Fairmont brand means quality and service. Very affordable compared to crazy high prices in Singapore.

Room Tip: Excellent place for New Years, Chinese or Western when your room faces the water!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
FairmontSingapore, Manager at Fairmont Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear Ibis R,

Thank you for the many compliments especially the great staff, high standards of qualitative service, nice views and the convenient location with a wide variety of shops and restaurants in the vicinity.

Thank you for your valuable feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 30 January 2014

I write this review shortly before checking out after almost two weeks of staying in the Singapore Fairmont hotel. While I make the point that I have been “staying”, this is probably an incorrect description. A fair assessment would be to say that I have been “living” here.
While one would normally associate living somewhere with a family and sense of belonging; the Fairmont offers these sentiments in abundance. The staff are absolutely first class. This is a huge hotel with thousands of guests yet somehow people remember your name and address you personally. I’ve stayed in many hotels in many places and I have never before felt so welcome.
The hotel itself is magnificent with stunning views in every direction. The rooms are bright and fresh and it’s extremely difficult to pull yourself out of the large exceptionally comfortable bed in the morning. There’s a large mall within the complex and two pools with a bar and a spa.
The breakfast choice is incredible with tantalising food from all over the world to prepare you for the day. There are a number of restaurants to choose from. All are equally good.
The hotel is located beside Marina Bay and is within a very walking distance to many of the finest shopping centres, attractions and amenities this part of Singapore has to offer. There is plenty to do for all ages’ day or night.
One slight grumble I could make would be the building taking place opposite my balcony on the 22nd floor. In its current build state it’s an eyesore and can on occasion be quite noisy. That said, Singapore is a very progressive place and constantly progressing. The windows to the balcony are quite resistant to noise and when the curtains are pulled at night, you don’t see anything. I’ve spent several days in the same room and to be honest, I wouldn’t have a problem and it would be unfair to take any points off in terms of quality or experience. In fact – it’s been interesting watching the progress 
In summary, this is an excellent hotel with fantastic staff. I look forward to a return visit in a few weeks. Well done Fairmont Singapore – thank you for making me feel at home.

Thank you to Chezza and the team for a super experience.

Keep up the good work!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mick,

Our mission is to turn moments into memories for our guests, thus it makes us really happy to know that you had a memorable stay. I’m delighted to read that we are your second home! I will definitely convey your messages to Chezza and the team.

Thank you for your compliments on the fantastic staff, first class service, magnificient and stunning views, bright and fresh room, great facilities like the spa and bar, incredible breakfast spread, wide variety of shops and restaurants and the convenience of the location.

Please rest assured that we will continue our pursuit for excellence in service.

We certainly can’t wait to welcome you back in a few weeks time!

Thank you for choosing Fairmont Singapore!

Reviewed 30 January 2014

We stayed for three nights at the Fairmont - which is handily placed for most things in Singapore. It is close to the beach, quay, easy to get to the main hubs etc.

We checked in and there was a problem - we moved room several times. No need to go into details here or to be negative. What I wanted to focus on is the customer service of the duty manager - Roy Ng. He was absolutely fantastic. What could have resulted in a negative review for the Fairmont - turned into something that was truly memorable.

The staff have been well trained and are a credit to the in house training they receive. The buildings are undergoing refurbishment yet they minimise impact. The common areas are good. The pool is also good.

I couldn't fault service or quality. But for me the service we received from Roy Ng would make me go back just because how fantastic he was. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Steve,

I apologize for the inconveniences caused during your stay, I am glad that Roy was able to turn around your experience into a memorable one. I will certainly convey your compliments to Roy and the rest of the team as an encouragement for their excellent service. Rest assured that we will continue to seek ways to improve and fulfill our mission of turning moments into memories for our guests.

I appreciate your comments on the hotel’s fantastic service, great and well-trained staff, good facilities like the pool and the great quality.

Thank you for recommending Fairmont Singapore and we can’t wait to welcome you back!

Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay at the Fairmont - regrettably only for one night. The rooms are huge and very tastefully decorated and the bed was super comfy. We arrived early in the morning and were able to check in to both rooms straight away which was very much appreciated after a long haul flight. The 2pm checkout was also very useful. Reception is well managed and all staff were very friendly and helpful. The location of the hotel is also great for both sightseeing and shopping.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank methvengirl

Dear methvengirl,

I’m delighted to read that you had a wonderful stay with us!

Your compliments on the hotel’s huge rooms, super comfortable bed, efficient check-in/out, well managed and friendly staff and the great location with a wide variety of shops and restaurants in the area.

We look forward to your next visit to Fairmont Singapore!

Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here 3 nights while in Singapore and preferred the Fairmont to our previous hotel. The location is perfect and you can walk to many bar/restaurant areas easily. I would not recommend signing up for a fitness class as the yoga instructor was over 15 minutes late. Otherwise, great hotel!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
FairmontSingapore, Manager at Fairmont Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear Rachel,

We’re glad to read that Fairmont Singapore is your preferred hotel!

Thank you for the many compliments especially the perfect location with a wide variety of shops and restaurants in the area.

At the same time, my apologies for the delay of the fitness instructor. I will follow up with our Spa team. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

We look forward to your next visit to Fairmont Singapore!

Reviewed 28 January 2014

My sister and I used this hotel as an overnight break between flights, both on the outward and return journeys. It was excellent. A newly renovated room near the Mayfair pool. the room was very clean spacious and well designed. The air con was not noisy and we could open our balcony door if we chose.
The Mayfair pool was my favourite of the 2 pools it has a deep end of 2 mts and shade from the gardens trees. Peaceful and private. Bird song and birds to watch!
My sister loved breakfast, but I found the afternoon tea was my favourite, however all the food we ate here was delicious. It is very popular with the locals too.

Room Tip: the first room we were given on had had the carpet cleaned and it was still damp so we asked for ano...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank hotcanvaswork

Dear hotcanvaswork,

It makes us happy to read that had excellent stay with us!

Your compliments on the hotel’s clean, spacious and well designed room, great facilities like the pool and lovely breakfast and afternoon tea spread.

We hope to welcome you back!

Reviewed 28 January 2014

We stayed for one night on our way home from Australia. The service was friendly and efficient .the staff were so helpful at check in and at the concierge desk. The room was large with a very comfortable bed. Breakfast in Prego was delicious with so much to choose from. The location was perfect too for a spot of shopping in the adjacent mall.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Zack47

Dear Zack,

It makes us happy to know that you had a fabulous stay with us!

We greatly appreciate your compliments on the hotel’s friendly and efficient service, helpful staff, large room with a comfortable bed, delicious breakfast spread at Prego and the perfect location with a wide variety of shops and restaurants in the area.

Thank you for choosing Fairmont Singapore!