“Delightful”
Review of Fairmont Singapore

Fairmont Singapore
Ranked #19 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My wife and I enjoyed four excellent nights at the Fairmont following a long cruise from Auckland, New Zealand. We found the Fairmont to be the perfect centre for our first visit to Singapore. We were afforded a warm welcome by a charming greeter dressed in a fashion similar to the Raj - a person with whom we swiftly formed a friendship which helped us plan our stay. The hotel is located directly opposite to Raffles Hotel - whose reputation for providing "Singapore Slings" is world famous - and was sufficiently close to the shops and malls of Orchard Road to enable us to wander there (although we did get a taxi back!!). The Fairmont is built over a magnificent mall of its own where there are countless dining establishments and quality stores. The relatively new "Gardens by the Sea' are withing walking distance as well and we would highly recommend taking one of the very good open-top bus tours of the city. The hotel met all our requirements and is staffed by the most friendly of people. It was a great experience.

Room Tip: Give consideration to the Executive rooms - It's a little bit more expensive but, in our opinion...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CTB181140
FairmontSingapore, Quality Manager at Fairmont Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear CTB181140,

It’s always such a delight to receive positive feedback and compliments about our hotel and I sincerely thank you for choosing to stay at Fairmont Singapore! I wish to reassure you that we will continue to be highly dedicated and committed towards ensuring exceptional service standards.

We look forward to your next visit to Fairmont Singapore!

Quality Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (6,385)

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stayed at the Fairmont hotel in Singapore for 2 nights at the end of a 2 week holiday in Thailand; it was a fantastic and relaxing hotel to end the trip.

Firstly - the location of the hotel is great, approximately a 10 minute walk from the Marina. The hotel is also located above/surrounded by a large shopping mall and the nearest subway station is about 5 minutes, providing an efficient and simple way to reach other parts of Singapore. The shopping mall is also a good place to pick up refreshments at a more affordable cost than the hotel itself. The hotel is a 20S$ taxi ride from the airport

The hotel is very big – but despite this is very peaceful and wasn’t overly crowded unlike the Marina Bay Sands hotel we visited one day. I don’t think I bumped into anyone on my floor, and very rarely even in the elevator. From this perspective it was very chilled out.
The rooms were outstanding – the bed was huge and very comfortable, and the shower room was the best shower I’ve ever had! Whilst hotel rooms are by large fairly similar, a few small things here made it a cut above the rest such as electric curtains, an iPod dock, and complimentary use of the nespresso machine. The room was very relaxing.

Whilst we didn’t take full advantage of the facilities available – we were impressed with what was on offer. The swimming pools were large and pretty quiet and a good place to chill out. The spa was also a very relaxing place although it was a bit annoying that there was a separate spa for women and men, meaning you couldn’t enjoy the facility with your other half.

The one thing that I was overly impressed with and that I will remember the hotel most for was the friendliness and helpfulness of all the staff there, without exception. From the minute we checked in, to the minute we checked out, each and every member of staff were unbelievably friendly – from the receptionist, through the concierge to the door men and Spa workers.

I’d certainly recommend anyone visiting Singapore to stay at the Fairmont hotel for a hassle free and relaxing stay, with exceptional and caring staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Banno88

Dear Banno88,

It’s a great pleasure to hear that you had a pleasant experience and I sincerely thank you for choosing to stay at Fairmont Singapore! I wish to ensure you that we will continue to seek ways to improve and fulfill our mission of turning moments into memories for our guests. Your compliments will only spur us to continue seeking ways to enhance our guests’ experience.

Thank you for your valuable feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Stayed at the hotel on business. Check-In was fast and efficient inspite of the group numbering about 24. The staff was extra courteous and looked into every minute detail to ensure that we had a pleasant stay.

The rooms were nice, big, airy with nice beds. Breakfast was served at two locations, at the pool area and at the restaurant on the lobby level. Splendid spread with great service by the staff at both locations.

The only drawback that I can think of is that WiFi was not free.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Roopesh,

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your stay with us.

It makes me happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and would like to reassure you that we will continue our pursuit for excellence in service. With regards to our Internet charges, you might like to know that wireless internet access is complimentary to all Fairmont President’s Club members.

I sincerely thank you for choosing Fairmont Singapore and look forward to your next visit soon!

Reviewed 22 March 2014

As expected, True Fairmont experience. Good location, great staff, well done rooms and the best bed to sleep. Washrooms are huge and luxurious. Breakfast did not have much choice for Vegetarians like me. Only drawback was WIFI was not free.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear gch1994,

I’m delighted to hear that you had an memorable stay with us and wish to reassure you that we will continue to seek ways to improve and fulfill our mission of turning moments into memories for our guests. With regards to the Internet charges, you might like to know that wireless internet access is complimentary to all Fairmont President’s Club members.

Thank you for choosing Fairmont Singapore and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Stayed at this hotel on business. The facilities are top notch and the service is really fantastic. Was greeted upon arrival and the check in staff were extra polite and helpful. My only complaint is that the bell staff were quite slow in delivering my bags. It took over an hour to get the luggage which isn't normal, especially for a hotel of this caliber.

The room I stayed in was not yet refurbished. Although a bit dated looking, everything was in good condition. The beds were supremely comfortable!

If outside noise bothers you, request a high floor. The rooms on the lower floors facing the park can get noise from the parking garage ventilation fans.

I'd recommend staying at this hotel especially if it's your first visit to Singapore as the location is extremely convenient. There's very accessible dining, shopping, public transit, and the iconic Raffles Hotel is just across the street.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
FairmontSingapore, Quality Manager at Fairmont Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Scandal37,

Thank you for the detailed review! I’m glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and would like to reassure you that we will continue our pursuit for excellence in service. With regards to the room conditions, I’m pleased to inform you that we’re currently undergoing a major refurbishment of the guestrooms to serve you better.

We look forward to your next visit to Fairmont Singapore!

Reviewed 22 March 2014

We have stayed here several times in the last few years, the most recent was end of Feb 2014.
Unfortunately this time it was only an overnight stop en route home after a holiday. I have always found the service excellent and the hotel facilities first class. We have never stayed in the same room twice, but each time we have been fortunate with wonderful views, a most comfortable bed and room overall, and every amenity you could want. We are fortunate to have had some of our stays in the Executive Club rooms and believe me the extra charge is well worth it. Beautiful breakfasts, wine and canapés in the evening and most gracious and helpful staff with full access to wifi and a computer. On this last stay we had to leave the hotel at 0630 to get our flight, but breakfast was already available and rapid assistance with baggage and a taxi was first class. Finally location of the hotel couldn't be better - opposite Raffles Hotel and adjacent to all MRT and bus services to get anywhere in Singapore. First class indeed.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear patmary68,

It is always such a delight to hear from returning guests such as yourself who have stayed with us time and again and I sincerely thank you for choosing to stay with us on your visits to Singapore over the last few years! It brings me great joy and satisfaction to read your outstanding review of your stay with us!

I sincerely thank you for choosing Fairmont Singapore and can’t wait to welcome you back again!

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Right in City Hall, location was central, and very close to CBD and Orchard Road. The subway is right below and mall has everything including great food and a supermarket! Suntec City, Marina, etc are a short walk/cab ride away. The room is very tastefully designed and I love that they give LeLabo amenities. Bed is really comfy too. Wish they had signs though - when you first step out of the elevator -it takes a while to figure out if you should turn left or right for the room.

The only thing that really pissed me off was the Indian porter (the one who opens the door of the cab) who dispensed inaccurate information causing great inconvenience - I specifically told him that I was running low on cash so I needed a normal taxi and not one of the "premium/limo" ones because I had almost close to the exact change needed for my destination (I knew roughly how much it costs since I'd been there >100 times). I passed up a Chrysler and he must have gotten frustrated because when a Mercedes one came, he said the total fare will only be 0.40 cents different from a normal one. Well, the fare turned out to be be significant difference and much more than that - I had to run to find a colleague who could spot me since I had left my credit cards in the room. Thank God the cab driver was really understanding.

Other than that, it was a great stay overall and I would recommend anyone visiting for business or leisure this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear M S,

I sincerely apologise for that unpleasant experience you have encountered with our doorman and this is definitely unacceptable by our hotel standards. I would be personally investigating this issue and will be sharing your feedback with our service teams for a thorough review and follow up.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to review and improve through providing your feedback and hope to welcome you back again in the near future.