“Kevin Ryan”

Ranked #16 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Kevin Ryan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Excellent service, our room was large, but being on the eighth floor there was no view.
We chose to eat breakfast by the pool, where all the staff were friendly and polite.
The choice of breakfast at the Buffet was extensive, and well presented.
I would highly recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,130)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

The Fairmont is a good solid hotel in a great central location. Staff are terrific. Located above the City Hall underground and connected by tunnels to the Marina Bay area, makes getting about a breeze even in heavy rain or heat.
The Club rooms are worth getting as you get access to the Executive Club with inclusive drinks, wine and food. Probably my 10th stay there.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Hurstville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

very convenient location, friendly staff, good facilities and rooms. By joining their loyalty program, you can enjoy wifi free of charge. My room had a nice view. Although the furnitures in the room are not that modern, but they are quite comfy. Strongly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

RC-Hotels-Pte-Ltd, Hotel Manager at Fairmont Singapore, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Fan L,

It is such an honour to hear that you would gladly recommend us to anyone visiting Singapore! I am pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed the numerous benefits of being a Fairmont President’s Club member as well as our facilities and service. We look forward to welcoming you back to Singapore for yet another memorable stay!

Warm regards,
Carlos Monterde
Hotel Manager
Cardiff
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel for 2 nights before joining the Queen Elizabeth on a cruise.
We arrived early but could not get access to our room until 12 noon.
The room was a good size over looking the pool on 17th floor.
No wi-fi which for a hotel of this stature is not good. We ate put on both nights and had wonderful chilli crab at Clark quay . The once we had a drink at the hotel resulted on a big bill for two all beers.
Singapore is an expensive city , but it really is strange that hotels feel they can take advantage of their guests by charging high prices to stay but only provide services at additional cost. High cost.
The location, style etc males this a good base and as it was at the beginning of our holiday a good start to put cruise.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ajd357
fylde
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

We were upgraded to a recently refurbished room - wow, it was definitely one of the nicest rooms we have stayed in.Spacious, well furnished, beautiful bathroom, new carpet- and a great city view. However we discovered the carpet was wet in one area and informed reception -since there was obviously a leak somewhere - water causing damange. We were then asked to change rooms and give another one on the same floor- but bigger ,- amazing, this too was freshly decorated ( no wet carpet) and stunning views over the city- could have quite happliy had lived there!
Breakfast - great choice- its always busy but the service is good.
We paid to keep the room for an extra half day to avoid the 12 noon check out- glad we did, since we had the time to spend in the city prior to cleaning up before our evening flight home.
Just love staying here , thank you

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Having booked a Deluxe room I was delighted on check-in to be assigned a complimentary upgrade to an Executive room.... until I reached my room (South Tower, 19th floor), that is, and was immediately aware of continous banging/tapping. I waited 10 minutes, hoping it was a temporary situation that would cease, but it didn't. Turns out sections of the hotel are currently undergoing renovation work. Although the noise wasn't 'loud' as such, it certainly wasn't something I'd signed up for (I can't recall seeing any reference/warning to it on the website when I made my non-refundable booking a couple of weeks ago?) or something I wanted to endure. So, what had initially seemed like a bonus - the upgrade - quickly felt like a swizz. :-(

I returned to the busy Reception Desk and waited for someone to become free. Luckily for me, I was called over by an enthusiastic member of staff who turned out to be the Assistant Manager. I was very impressed with how he dealt with the situation. He immediately showed sincere understanding and empathy for how I was feeling (i.e. irritated and disappointed, as well as tired after my flight) and he set about resolving the situation. Within 15 minutes I had been moved to another very spacious Premier room in the North Tower on the 9th floor overlooking Raffles Hotel. Dual aspect windows gave great views over the city.

The room was equipped with a electronic control box which operates the curtains and lights. The unit itself looks a bit tacky, to be frank, but it's not difficult to work out how to use it. The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable, and there were plenty of towels and toiletries. I had a slight issue with my air conditioning but the hotel very quickly sent an engineer up to investigate, and also provided a freestanding fan as back-up.

Breakfast was very good. There's the usual wide selection of hot dishes (Western and Asian) and cold items which you can expect from any high standard, international 5 star hotel in Singapore. The best thing for me though, which gave it the edge, was the Smoothie/Juice Bar: there were at least 8 different pre-mixed combinations; my favourite was a spinach, grape, cucumber and apple combo, which was delicious!

The location of the hotel is stupendous. It's in a wonderful position with easy walking to numerous interesting sights. It's also connected to the City Hall MRT station, which is on the same line as Changi Airport. I paid SGD $2.20 to get all the way from the airport to the hotel on the train, changing just once at Tanah Merah - which is literally a walk across the platform; couldn't be easier. Feel free to pay 10 times that for a taxi if you want to, of course....!

Also connected to the City Hall MRT station is a large shopping mall (Raffles City) where there are numerous popular lunch time food court options and a supermarket.

Although the Fairmont has plenty of competition - including Swisshotel, which is right next to it - I would definitely consider staying again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
RC-Hotels-Pte-Ltd, Hotel Manager at Fairmont Singapore, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Wanderever,

Thank you for sharing your kind feedback with us.

Fairmont Singapore is currently in the midst of a revitalisation project that seeks to showcase newly renovated rooms and a refreshed new lobby, to provide an improved stay experience that is authentically local for all our guests.

We have noted on your recent stay experience, and are delighted to hear that our service team was able to showcase exemplary service in promptly finding an alternative room for your enjoyment. Sincerity is a key value that our service colleagues hold with high regard, and we are more than happy to discover that key values such as these were clearly displayed. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay experience in our brand new Fairmont Premier Room, located in the North Tower, and that the wide selection of breakfast highlights were to your liking.

Convenience is a key factor for a lot of our guests and we hope that you were also able to explore the various places of interests in the vicinity of the hotel during your stay with us.

Thank you once again for your kind comments, which will no doubt serve as encouragement for me and my team to continue striving to do our best in offering our guests the best we can.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Fairmont Singapore in the near future.

Warm regards,
Carlos Monterde
Hotel Manager
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Once again, I'm back at Fairmount. I stayed here last year Sep and service was impeccable! Well, they didn't disappoint me this time round, though there was a slight mis-comm on the room category that I've booked, the front desk officer was kind enough to give me a complimentary upgrade, this is what I call "service recovery". A small touch that goes a long way!

Love the gym! They have all the equipment you need so every service staff were full of smiles, they greet you at every point which is smthg I've always thought is missing in a Singapore Hotel.

The only thing that I may be alittle grouchy about would be the parking, they do not provide complimentary parking in the hotel ( $30 for overnight valet parking ), which I think can be offered as complimentary...they could have bundled into the night's stay cost and we as customer wouldn't realize as well. This is marketing my dear Fairmount! Even though perhaps raffles city charges your hotel for it, you can always negotiate a special fee...sigh.

Nevertheless, good quality room and service's a thumb's up!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple