“Fairmont is good except...”
Review of Fairmont Singapore

Fairmont Singapore
Ranked #15 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Asia
“Fairmont is good except...”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The irrepressible Travelling Gourmet stays in the Fairmont Hotel in Raffles City. The rooms are very plush especially in the newly renovated wing, and I like the Nespresso machine with the tea packets and REAL milk capsules, not Coffeemate, so you can make your own Nespresso like George Clooney at anytime,..day of night! The plump pillows and firm beds are most comfy.
I like too the new Anti:Dote bar Lounge in the Lobby with cooool cocktails and nice snacks and cold cuts with Roggenbrot too. Prego just beside the lobby is very good with Chef Antonio and manager Christian, both are Italians. Very apt as Prego is one of my favourite italian restaurants in Singapore. The Italian Sunday Brunch is simply splendid! O Madonna! No need for dinner after the Sunday Brunch.
The big let down was the Spa. I went twice and both time I encountered totally naked men walking about...This is despite big signs saying "SWIMWEAR IS COMPULSORY IN THE SPA AREA" plastered everywhere. I told the management who actually did nothing! Most annoying! What is it with these people to walk about naked when they do not have the muscles of a bodybuilder. I told the people on duty, "Your people are not enforcing your signs and rules!"
Well, if they had been really toned, tanned and beautiful blond ladies with big eyes...like Cameron Diaz, I would have forced myself to endure the sight...Ha! Ha! :-) Dr. Michael Lim is The Travelling GourmetTM, a renowned Travel, Food and Wine Writer/Editor/Educator

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
FairmontSingapore, Hotel Manager at Fairmont Singapore, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Dr. Lim,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms as well as our brand new bedding amenities. It is most rewarding to receive such warm compliments from guests like yourself.

I'm also delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience at Anti:dote as well as Prego, and am pleased that the selection of offerings and service were delivered to your standards. I will most definitely be sharing your kind comments with our culinary team, who will take this as encouragement as they continue to serve up exceptional offerings at your next visit.

Separately, I am very sorry to hear of your unpleasant encounter at the changing rooms at our Spa.This issue has been highlighted to me, and I would like to assure you that we have since spoken with our service team at the spa to ensure that guidelines set out are strictly adhered to. We take all guest feedback into serious consideration, and am most grateful that you have taken time to share your review here.

I look forward to seeing you and discussing with you next time that I meet you in any of our restaurants.

Thank you for your continuous support . If I can be of any assistance please let me know.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,158)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong
Reviewed 5 June 2014

It is an ordinary hotel no surprise good for a good night sleep for business travel and excellent location definitely not a 5 stars that the staff make you feel at home regardless how many times you stay there. There are many other hotels in Singapore can do a better job than FM

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

FairmontSingapore, Hotel Manager at Fairmont Singapore, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear H H,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your business trip to Singapore.

It disappoints me to hear that your stay experience left much room for improvement. We value each of our guest's stay experience and most definitely hope to showcase an improved stay experience during your next visit. I am most appreciative of your feedback and would love to hear from you if you have further feedback on how we can make your stay experience a better one. Please feel free to contact me directly at carlos.monterde@fairmont.com for your next visit, and I will be delighted to personally look after your stay. I look forward to another chance to welcome you back to Fairmont Singapore again in the near future.

Launceston, Australia
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed here for a 10 night holiday with our child on a rollaway bed (worked for us - might not work for others). We booked everything by email and couldn;t fault the process. We booked into a newly renovated North Tower room which is HUGE by comparison to a standard hotel room and nothing was too much trouble. Friendly and helpful concierge and whilst some of the room staff don;t speak great english, nothing was ever too much trouble for them. This hotel has a great location (over the road from Raffles) and has a wonderful food market and HUGE shopping complex right underneath and at the door. I saw someone complaining on here that nothing in the foodhall opened until 10am, but not much in the whole of Singapore opens til 10am...that is the way of life over here - hence you book breakfast as part of your package. As we got the rollaway bed option for our daughter, she stayed and ate for free re breakfast and we ate by the pool each day. The MRT station is basically at your door, taxi's are cheap and easy to access.....cannot recommend this hotel more highly = made our trip all the more comfortable knowing we had a fantastic room to come back to each night.

Room Tip: ask for a newly renovated room and join the presidents club online (free) before you leave so you ca...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
FairmontSingapore, Hotel Manager at Fairmont Singapore, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Nicole,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! I’m glad to hear that you found the booking process fuss-free, and that you liked the look of our newly renovated rooms at the North Tower. Indeed, this is a bold and refreshing new look for our iconic hotel and we are very pleased with the outcome and affirmative feedback from numerous guests including yourself. Furthermore, I appreciate your compliments on our service standards, and look forward to welcoming you back again!

Moskva
Reviewed 4 June 2014

They provide damaged bed linens, had to wait 3 days to get it changed and we asked for it 2 or 3 times every day, even after speaking to duty manager nothing changed. My first room smelled awful changed to room with city view even i paid for marina bay view, no apologise no compensation. Had to check out 2 days earlier because i couldnt take it anymore. I was planning to stay in a 5 star Fairmont but found myself in a cheap motel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

4 Thank Andrey P
FairmontSingapore, Hotel Manager at Fairmont Singapore, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Andrey,

I am most apologetic to hear of the disappointing stay experience you had with us at Fairmont Singapore.

I have taken note of the various areas we have fallen short in, however I’m still puzzled on how we could produce such a low delivery. With that, may I please invite you to contact me directly at carlos.monterde@fairmont.com, so that we may find out more about your stay experience and look at ways in which we can regain your trust in our Fairmont brand.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Hong Kong
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I got to stay at their newly renovated premier deluxe room in the North Tower. They told me only twin room available and I took it. Very spacious room in Singapore standard and also a nice open green view from my room. I came to attend a conference at Raffles City and it is very convenient; can go down to 4th floor convention floor straight from the room lift. WiFi is very good with strong signal and I never got disconnected in my 3-night stay which is amazing. For service, they have staff standing around the lobby (not only at the desk) to serve which is quite proactive. Nonetheless, the reason why I only give 4-star is because they missed out my Presidents Club member in my reservation and without asking, they changed the name of my reservation to my Chinese name (which nobody knows) and I missed a few important calls as hotel operator can't find me when people asking for me in my English name (which my English name is in my passport and I have made the reservation ONLY under the English name). I was a bit upset about this but it was resolved when I called to the Operator to let them know. So, overall, still a good stay at Fairmont Singapore.

Room Tip: Stay at the newly renovated room, nice!
Dear Sheepo,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

I’m pleased to hear that you enjoyed the convenience of the hotel and your experience in our newly renovated rooms. As a corporate guest with us, I’m glad to hear that you also enjoyed our stable Internet connectivity and service from extended by our colleagues.

Separately, please accept our sincere apologies for the incorrect name in which the reservation was subsequently updated to. We should have checked with you prior before, before any changes were made to reservation name, and apologise for this. Nonetheless, I’m glad that we were able to resolve this during your stay with us.

Thank you for your support once again, and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel again.

Shanghai
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed two nights. 1st room had mulfunction of toilette in room that frashed water did not stop. After two visits of technitial, they grilled wall and worked out but problem repeated in the night so we tryed not use toilette in the room. Next night, requested to chenge room. Room next door seems to had same toilette problem and after noise of frashing water for long time, they started drill the wall around mid night. Overall hotel facility was good but we just had wrong experiences for two nights.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

3 Thank Yoshiaki U
Dear Yoshiaki,

Thank you for your feedback.

I regret to hear of the issues you faced with the guestroom toilet, and am most apologetic for the inconveniences you experienced. I’m aware of this issue and it was certainly unexpected to have a situation like than where two rooms have similar problems. We will most definitely be looking into this problem so as to ensure that this issue does not occur again. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Thank you nonetheless for your support for us, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Johor Darul Takzim
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Great location for walking to business area. Easy to drive in and out from using GPS.
Use the valet service at hotel lobby. The hotel shares the shopping mall car park and is not well sign posted. If you miss the driveway, you must go all the way back around through Singapore heavy traffic.

Thank Jonathan Charle... C
Dear Jonathan,

Thank you for choosing Fairmont Singapore! Indeed, our location brings great convenience to our guests, as we’re located in the heart of the city. With regards to parking directions, your feedback on the directional signage has been noted and will be shared with the team during our regular meetings. Be it for business or leisure, I look forward to welcoming you back again!