“Not so good!”

Ranked #16 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
Miami
“Not so good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2014

My daughter and I are travelling throughout Asia for 20 days. I had picked only hotels that were on top of the list on Tripadvisor. Unfortunately the experience here was not similar to other 5 star hotels we stayed in other cities. There was line for check in and we had to be there around 20 minutes, despite the ladies that stay with a walk talk talking to the porters to get names of guests coming in ahead of time. The room is nice, the beds comfortable. The bathroom does not offer 5 star hotel ammenities (no cotton swabs, for example). The bellman that brought us upstairs informed that internet can be free if you fill out the Fairmont Card, but forgot to say that it is only the cheap slow internet, not the real one. Although I filled the card, the lady at the desk lost it, so on the day before I checked out, I had to come back again to the desk, wait for 10 minutes for this lady to find out what to do, what had happenned to the card I had filled, and finally asked me to do another one.
I also booked my reservation through a OTA for a non refundable rate. However, I had a problem and would have to leave on before the last night. As a courtesy I sent an email to the desk manager asking to release me from the last night (usually something hotels will do if you booked for 3 nights and stayed 2 if you had a problem and advised on the first night). I never got a response to my email and had to come back to the desk several times asking for an answer. On the end of the second day, the response was negative.
It was worth more for the pool and spa area, really nice and free.But I think that for a 5 star they need to do better on service.

Room Tip: I heard from one of the flight attends that stay there often that north tower is better!
  • Stayed September 2014, travelled with family
FairmontSingapore, Hotel Manager at Fairmont Singapore, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Dear marcoJorge,

Thank you for your review. I regret to learn about your less than satisfactory experience you had during your recent visit and sincerely apologise for the inconveniences you have encountered. Please rest assured we’ll conduct a more comprehensive investigation and share your feedback with the relevant departments for a detailed follow-up. At the same time, I very much appreciate your compliments on the room conditions and the facilities.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,130)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lviv
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2014

We had a pleasant 3-day-stay in Singapore and Fairmont was good choice to stay at. We had a really lovely touch as a romantic deco in our room as for honeymoon couple. Singapore and Fairmont are the places that we would really recommend and hopefully we will return :)

Room Tip: Signature Room
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Roman_Shuptar
Dear Roman,

Thank you for recommending Fairmont Singapore! I’m pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and look forward to having you back soon!

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2014

Everyone on staff was extremely kind, patient and professional during my entire one week stay. The room I had on the 25th floor was large and very comfortable with an incredible view. We used the spa almost every day for a steamer and a light work out. I started to crave that wonderful ginger tea after my return. i will see yu again next time for sure!

1 Thank Capitan L
Dear Capitan L,

Thank you for sharing the details of your stay! It makes me happy to know that you enjoyed the service and facilities and the incredible view of Singapore’s cityscape. We definitely can’t wait to welcome you back again in the near future!

Darwin, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2014

We stay at the Fairmont Singapore every time we visit Singapore we treat it as our home and the staff as family and they treat us the same we have a excellent relationship with the Fairmont and highly recommend it to anyone visiting Singapore

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Desmond665
Dear Desmond,

Thank you for recommending Fairmont Singapore! I’m glad to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us, it was certainly our pleasure to have taken care of you during your stay! Look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Tullimbar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2014

We enjoy Singapore and the Fairmont Hotel. Both go together like we Renfields who, in January, will celebrate our Seventieth marriage anniversary!
Can't think of a better place in which to celebrate!
An extra chair in the room would be welcome and useful.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Cecil R
Dear Cecil,

I’m delighted to read that you had a pleasant stay with us! Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be part of your anniversary celebration and we hope to turn your special moment into lifelong memories in January.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Fairmont for 8 days, while we attended a conference. The room was very updated and very nice. The bathroom was one of the best we have ever had...especially liking the oversized rain forest style shower head. We had a room on a high floor with a fantastic balcony view of the harbor and all the cool architecture of the buildings there.

The breakfast in Prego was one of the very best we have had anywhere in the world. The choices were vast, but quality of the ingredients was what set it apart--top notch.

The proximity to the harbor and the many inexpensive restaurants and shopping in the mall below made the location hard to beat.

The fitness center in the hotel was also very nice--plenty of machines, free weights, and aerobics machines, as well as fresh fruit every day.

Room Tip: Get a high floor and a view of the harbor!
1 Thank Thailandtraveler64
Dear Thailandtraveler64,

Thank you for taking your time to leave us a detailed review of your stay! I’m glad to read that you had a great stay and very much appreciate your compliments on the room, view, facilities and the breakfast spread at Prego. Be it for leisure or for business, we hope to welcome you and your wife back again in the future!

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

Great hotel. Excellent service, quiet room, great restaurants. Right across the street from Raffles and the Long Bar. Wish I could have stayed longer. Excellent breakfast buffet in Prego. Service was top notch all around.

1 Thank BigGreenFungus
Dear BigGreenFungus,

Thank you for the review! It makes me happy to read that you had an excellent stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again.