“Excellent hotel- perfect for the Grand Prix weekend”
Review of Fairmont Singapore

Fairmont Singapore
Ranked #16 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
England
“Excellent hotel- perfect for the Grand Prix weekend”
Reviewed 7 October 2009

It is worth signing up to the Fairmont Presidents club (at no extra cost) as when we produced the card at check in we got an automatic up-grade.
The rooms were very spacious and were very modern (we were in the South Tower) - Huge flat screen TVs, massive walk in shower and seperate bath. Very big bathroom with all usual extras.

Lots of different restaurants - fairly expensive but nothing that you wouldnt expect for a hotel of this quality.

The breakfast selection was excellent - we ate at the poolside restaurant. Plenty of room by the pool (we got 4 sunloungers together each day) and this was the Grand Prix weekend when it would have been full (?)

If you were going to stay here for the Grand Prix, Gate 3 was 50 metres from the Hotel and the Suntech centre (where you pick up the tickets was only 1 block away)

it was about 15 mins walk from Clark Quays (vibrant bar area)

Excellent hotel

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank Monst

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,146)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Poipu, Hawaii
Reviewed 6 October 2009

Just back from 3 nights at the Fairmont Singapore. I will definitely return.

Incredible staff and service. Pleasant, friendly, and genuinely helpful. I checked in at 2:am - exhausted from a 20 flight. I was greeted with warm smiles, a moist towel, and an exceptionally efficient check-in. The next morning I asked for directions to a nearby venue - the staff didn't just direct me, they actually walked me out of the hotel and all the way to my destination. This happened more than once. Throughout my stay the staff would appproach me and ask if they could be of any assistance.

The room (a standard Fairmont Room) was spotless (it actually gleamed) and beautifully appointed (robe, slippers, the works), large flat screen television - even stereo sound system in the bathroom. The ourdoor pool was quite large enough to swim laps in the morning. I recommend the Italian Restaurant on the 1st Floor for breakfast - delicious.

Of course, perhaps the biggest draw for the Fairmont is it's location. What you've heard is true. It's sits right on top of a MRT (Metro) hub, from which you can reach anywhere in the city - quickly and cheaply. Additionally, the hotel is connected to a very large and modern shopping mall. Besides shops, the mall contains many excellent and affordable eateries.

I suggest an evening drink at the bar atop the Stamford Hotel (next door). The view is amazing!

Forget Raffles (across the street). In my opinion, this is the best hotel in Singapore. It is outstanding in every way. I can find absolutely nothing to criticize.

Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
3 Thank Davarua
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed 28 September 2009

My wife and I revisited Singapore for the second time in 2 years and although we stayed at another excellent property in the Marina area last time, we decided to try a different place this time. The Fairmont Singapore more than adequately met our needs. We found it a very stylish upmarket quiet property. The entrance is fairly discreet, the lobby largish but had a subdued classy feel. A welcome change from the busy and noisy hotels used by tourist groups.
We upgraded to a Signature room, it was enormous and had every facility a discerning traveller could require. The hotel shares 2 pools with the adjoining Swissotel Stamford with its 70 floors crowned by the Equinox bar and restaurant ,which gives the best views over Singapore for the price of a drink-though not cheap.
The Fairmont was quiet, but is in the middle of everything in this growing Marina area being on top of one of Singapore's best shopping centres, across the road from Raffles, Chijmes a converted school now the home of numerous quite good and reasonably moderate restaurants. It is a short walk to Suntek City and Marina Square -more shops and restaurants,and an easy walk to the vast selection of dining facilities on Boat Quay on the shores of the Singapore River.
The Fairmont is also right on top of the MTR rail system which gets you everywhere on the island, and very cheaply.
Recommended things to do- take the "Hop on Hop Off" Bus or Hippo Tours round city sightseeing and orientation, more shopping in Orchard Road and at the new Ion Shopping complex-which has ALL the designer labels if you are looking for them, we weren't, the Botanic Gardens and its Orchid Garden, Singapore Zoo and the Night Safari (separate from the Zoo), the Singapore Flyer (their "big wheel") and of course take in the cultural and eating kaleidoscope of the Chinese, Malay, Indian and British Colonial culures which made this city what it is today.
Enjoy!

1 Thank Calypso2
Perth
Reviewed 25 September 2009

We stayed at the Fairmont for four nights and really enjoyed our stay. We were in fact quite spoilt. The staff are very professional and quietly go about their work quietly and to a very high standard.

We upgraded to the club room which I would strongly recommend. They served Moet and Chandon Champagne and other French wines as well as various spirits. Unfortunately they don't serve cocktails as they say they are limited in space. The food between 5.00pm and 8.00pm is very delicious and of a high quality. There is plenty of choices and the staff are very efficient. One guy was our particularly nice, his name was something like manu... They were dressed in special motor sports outfits due to the F! being held this week. During the day there are plenty of soft drinks and muffins available as well as tea and coffee. The coffee is not the best due to the whitener they use. It is a pleasant place to sit and take in the views. There is only one computer but was always available when we needed it. The staff at the front counter will assist you with any questions.

The conciearge service could be a little better. He was pleasant and helpful enough but always on the phone when we were at the desk.

The rooms are fantastic. They are spacious and have plenty of emenities. The shower is a little strange being next to the bath with no proper recess. The bathroom was meant to be large but we found it to be of an average size. The coffee machine was great but again there was only powdered whitener available so I would suggest buying some milk if you can fit it into the fridge. The turn down service was a luxury, with an orchard left on our bed each night. On arriving to our room we found a huge bowl of fruit and a special box of chocolates left for us, a very nice touch. The automatic blinds were great and easy to use the control system. The coffee machine ran out of water so we called for assistance, to our surprise they filled the system with bottled water even though the water in Singapore is fine to drink but it certainly does make a better cup of coffee. They even supply an electric jug if you want a cup of tea.

They gave us a room with a view of the bay and it was even better than the view in the club room.

Breakfast at Prego was great. They no longer allow you to go to the Swiss Cafe if you have breakfast included in your rates. I really enjoyed the fresh strawberries and blueberries available. The coffee here is perfect and you have a choice of various varieties such as latte and a choice of teas. The croisants were the nicest I have had. All the food was very good. We didn't dine at the club or the pool cafe for breakfast simply because there wasn't as much choice. The only fault was the selection of cold meats looked dry but I gather not many people eat them, it seems that they are provided to add the Italian touch. Try their orange cream on some fresh fruit, it is delicious. They even had a honeycombe on a stand and fresh honey was dripping from it. The breads and muffins are good but with so many other choices available we did not fill up on them.

The foyer is pretty drab and not very exciting or luxurious, I guess it is just a more modern and arty style.

The best thing was the King size bed. It is the most comfortable bed I have had the pleasure of sleeping in and after all considering the length of time spent in it, it is an important aspect.

Check out the Willow Spa Stream, even if you don't use the spa massages available it is still a treat. The spa's are great and the amenities are of a high class, same as the gym. Try the ginger tea available, it is very cleansing.

Thanks go to the staff and management for such a pleasant stay. It made our trip to Singapore very special and memorable. Allowing us a late check out was really generous.

1 Thank PegususPerth
Malaysia
Reviewed 23 September 2009

Fairmont is definitely one of the best hotel i have ever stayed. We have stayed in the junior suite for 2 nights. The location is perfect for tourists who would like to rely on the MRT. Also, it is located inside a shopping mall, thus you can easily find food over there.

I like the junior suite very much as the bed is comfortable, the jaguzzi is nice, the LCD TV is big, the coffee maker is cool, and the hotel amenities are sufficient.

In nutshell, i will definitely pay another visit next time.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Cannasyee
Perth
Reviewed 20 September 2009

Booked for a 2 night stop in Singapore to catch up with some friends, The Fairmont Singapore did not disappoint! Reception staff were quick and friendly making the check in process a breeze! I was early to check in and so the King room that I had booked was not yet available, but they happily offered a twin room for immediate check in which I gladly accepted (they even upgraded me to a deluxe room!)

I can't give enough positive feedback on this property. The staff were always friendly and helpful, the location is superb, (above the City Hall MRT stop and the Raffles shopping mall. There is a food court in the basement and also a grocery store)

Beds in the twin room were large and comfortable, dressed with lovely soft linens and fluffy pillows. Controls for all lights and curtains were on bedside controllers. There was a Bose cd / radio in the room so that you could play your own music and not get stuck listening to standard hotel background noise and they also had a flat screen tv with cable.

The room came with long hallway, bathrobes, slippers, in room safe, iron and ironing board and a balcony. The bathroom was very large and clean and although I don't think that all the glass necessarily made it easy to keep tidy, it did look really nice!

My only word of warning would be when catching a cab out to the airport from the hotel in the early hours of the morning - they do what is called a 'midnight charge'.. After all my visits in Singapore I've never heard of it, but it did add about $15 to the bill. (Having said that, this was my first crazy early flight out of Singapore so it may just be something I wasn't aware of).

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank Orphellia
Auckland
Reviewed 20 September 2009

Stayed for 5 nights and from arrival to departure the service
was impeccable. Wonderfully comfortable rooms and a great location. Ive stayed in a few Fairmonts in Canada and Im glad to say the Singapore branch is keeping
the very high level up in Asia. A wonderful stay and I would have
no hesitation in reccommending to anyone be you in Singapore for
business or pleasure to stay here.

1 Thank MonoAuckland