“Best Hotel experience ever”
Review of Fairmont Singapore

Fairmont Singapore
Ranked #15 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Perth
“Best Hotel experience ever”
Reviewed 18 January 2010

The staff are great and cannot do enough for your, they were freindly from the moment we walked right up checking out.
The rooms are exceptionally clean and very modern with everything you need.
Everthing about the Fairmont is great but the staff are what make the experience memorable.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank Malcolm777

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,162)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Novato, California
Reviewed 17 January 2010

I stayed at this hotel for a week while on a business trip. Having stayed in Fairmont properties before, I had fairly high expectations. I wasn't disappointed. From the moment I arrived, the staff wen above and beyond to provide a wonderful experience. Doors were held open, luggage was delivered, and my room was cleaned twice a day. I think it is a part of the Singaporean culture, but it didn't feel to me like anyone was expecting to be tipped.

The location is great, right in the middle of Raffles Mall with shops and restaurants a very short walk away. I had a room on the 19th floor, overlooking the city, war memorial, and the Singapore Flyer. It was even better at night with the city lights shining.

The room itself was nice and clean. I wouldn't say it was overly remarkable, but the two-person bathtub and rainshower head were really nice. The bed was comfortable and there was a work area with Internet connection.

About the only negative point I would mention is that Internet is not included in the already high price. I had to pay $140 for the week for wired internet (no wireless available). It really should be included since this is a business hotel.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Devo1975
Manila
Reviewed 15 January 2010

I stayed at the Fairmont in December 2009, and I have nothing but praises for this hotel. The room we stayed in (with 2 large double beds) was big and spotless: sheets, towels, pillows all fluffy, clean and white. Housekeeping responded to every request promptly and efficiently, check-in and check-out process was very smooth and quick.

The buffet breakfast was a feast, with a wide a varied selection of hot and cold dishes (international and local fare), fruits, and drinks. Coffee not limited to house blend brewed, but you have a choice of cappuccino or espresso, as well. And breakfast is served until very late, 11:00am, which is a plus if you want a few more hours of sleep!

Location of the hotel is perfect, it is within the Raffles City Mall complex, with great shops and restaurants. Chijmes -- a building with numerous bars and restaurants – is right across the street, and Funan Mall (the IT / electronics mall) is a five minute walk. The City Hall MRT station is beneath the Raffles City Mall, so every other place is easily accessible, including the airport.

I am in Singapore at least twice every year, and have stayed in several 5-star hotels. On a hunch, I decided to try the Fairmont for the first time this December and it was a great decision. I will definitely stay in this hotel again!

Just a tip, as well: for all my trips to Singapore, I use a local travel agent, C & E Holidays (www.cneholidays.com), and I deal with Wendy. They are by far one of the most efficient agents I have ever come across in all my travels abroad. If you are worried about booking and reservations, I highly recommend this agent for all your Singapore needs.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
6 Thank ahmlaw
yorkshire
Reviewed 14 January 2010

we have traveled the world over but i must say this is as good as we have been in from bellboy to top manager l we were looked after,
mr b senior uk

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed 14 January 2010

Stayed for 5 nights with family (with 2 children below 9 years) from 30th Dec to 4th Jan 2010. It was a leisure trip to be a part of the new year celebrations. Booked a deluxe room with King bed under advance purchase deal (it was SGD 260 incl. taxes). Room was great with a balcony overlooking the pool. Bathroom was oversized and really a size of mini room. Had a comfortable stay and the kids enjoyed the stay. Pool was good and the kids enjoyed spending time there. Location is excellent. Staff was very friendly and courteous and really helpful. Would stay there again.
Btw, internet was free as I was a Fairmont President's club (othewise it is exorbitantly high at SGD 28 for a day).
Dissatisfaction was that despite mutiple requests (from 3 weeks prior to the stay) for harbour view room, I did not get one. At the time of check-in, I was told that I am getting partial harbour view room but in reality it was limited to getting your head stretched to the maximum from balcony and then you see some buildings! Probably the Fairmont Room (with lower rate) had a better view of the harbour.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed 12 January 2010

After reading all of the glowing reviews I was expecting something special. However, the hotel I stayed in was a run of the mill hotel that was the equivalent of a basic Hilton or Sheraton property. This was not in the same quality range as other Fairmont hotels. There was nothing wrong with the hotel and it was adequate, but it was a bit of a letdown. I guess many of the people writing reviews have never stayed in other Fairmont properties, otherwise they would have been able to differentiate. On the plus side, room service was better than the typical hotel of this class and the restaurant on the ground floor (Italian theme) served a reasonable meal, although $300SGD for a basic meal and cheap bottle of wine was somewhat expensive. This was a busy hotel, so I assume it must have some regulars and it meets their needs. I was in a "deluxe" room that was a lot smaller and less impressive than the photos indicated. The rain shower was indeed nice and the bathrooms had been updated, however, the room overall was smaller than the typical Hilton/Sheraton/Fairmont. In consideration of the price and what I received, while I was not ripped off or overcharged, I don't think I got the best value for the money. I think the Pan Pacific (which is close by) may prove to be a better option for those hoping for a real Fairmont experience. What irked me the most was the way Fairmont seems to fool around with its room pricing. Although I am not a big fan of websites like Orbitz & Travelocity, the pricing from those sites was more explicit and offered better value for the same prouct as the Fairmont website.OK, so I didn't get frequent flyer miles or breakfast, but the $100 lower cost via the travel sites was more attractive than the Fairmont pricing. Fairmont is probably the last of the chains that is unable to offer a reason to book via its website because it offers zero value or savings to do so. Although I booked with "free" internet, the hotel did not deliver on that. I think that's what irked me the most. I can't believe that in this day and age of cheap wifi, that the Fairmont did not offer it to all guests. This is probably the one amenity that some hotels charge for, that costs them repeat guests.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank TranspaciFlyer
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 12 January 2010

My family and I stayed at the Fairmont Singapore during X'mas week for 4 nights. We
had arrived at the hotel at 1am after a long journey from USA and we were more than
exhausted. So it was really great to be greeted by courteously staff, from bellman to the
reception desk and they knew already who we were and had prepared the 2 rooms in
advance for us. Well, I guess my email to the hotel couple weeks prior helped but still
this little gesture can make a big difference esp. on our first impression of the facility.

The rooms (one with king bed and one with 2 doubles) are nicely decorated to convey
a contemporary style with grace and elegance, with just the right lighting to accentuate
the decorations. The swimming pool is not large but it's big enough as most guests
are sunbathers more than swimmers. They also have a kiddie pool for the young one.
There are 2 tennis courts also but we didn't use them. We also did not use the fitness
center but it looks very decent with more than enough new equipments for a good
workout. The fitness center also provides headsets to you which is nice touch.

The location can't be beat whether you are on foot, or use the subway, or taxi. Raffles
city is right in the complex, and the connecting underground halls will lead you to
SunTec plaza, or Esplanade area. So shopping options are plentiful and it sure beats
walking outside in the heat. We loved the food court on the 3rd floor of the Raffles
city, as well as the restaurants in the lower B1 floor. Tried the DinTaiFung place that
serves famous dumplings and chicken soup originally from Taiwan and they were very
tasty and (almost) just as good as the original ones in Taipei.

Overall, our stay at this hotel was a memorable experience. Little details such
as the lobby staff opening doors for you, to giving us umbrellas without asking
when it seemed to start raining one day, to proactively helping us to take
family pictures, etc. I believe the Fairmont Singapore does indeed deserve