“Wonderful Stay”

Ranked #17 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Perth, Australia
“Wonderful Stay”
Reviewed 24 January 2010

We are a family of five that stayed at the fairmont for four days after a wonderful cruise on the Virgo.

Location of the hotel is perfect. We had a raffles room in the south tower over looking the harbour on the 24th floor - Stunning.

The Staff in the club rooms were amazing especially Jaqueline and Kelvin, who made our holiday so memorable, and thank you again Kelvin for looking after me with the lovely fairmont tea & honey as I was not feeling well.

We will definetely return.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
6 Thank Rosemin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,136)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Jose, California
Reviewed 23 January 2010

Couldn't have picked a better location for public transport. It was raining when we got there and we didn't have to leave the building to get to the lobby. The lobby is very limited, but it didn't matter to us. Our room was absolutely amazing and we had a great view of the Esplanade. Everyone was more than helpful, though our room was not turned down on the first evening.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank winter_turtle
melbourne
Reviewed 22 January 2010

The staff at this hotel are the friendliest and most helpful in the world! From the minute we arrived to the minute we departed we were made to feel like royalty. We stayed for a 2 night stopover, and have been to Singapore before, but now would never stay anywhere but The Fairmont. Loved it!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
5 Thank TravelPassionate
Cornwall, UK
Reviewed 19 January 2010

This was our second stay at The Fairmont on our way to Australia. We previously stayed two years ago and our opinions of this hotel have gone up if anything since the last review. Again we had a deluxe room with a great view out towards The Merlion & SCG. The room was spotless, bathroom, robes and towels etc great, bed/pillows very comfortable. Staff as ever very courteous and helpful. We had breakfast with our room rate and on our day of checking out had to leave by 6am. We ordered breakfast the night before to be sent up to our room and the room service was exceptional, nothing was any trouble on our request, and it was presented beautifully. Our only regret was not staying here again on our return to the UK, as we wanted to try another hotel (see other review!). However, we will hopefully be back in two years time.......

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Cornish
Perth
Reviewed 18 January 2010

The staff are great and cannot do enough for your, they were freindly from the moment we walked right up checking out.
The rooms are exceptionally clean and very modern with everything you need.
Everthing about the Fairmont is great but the staff are what make the experience memorable.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank Malcolm777
Novato, California
Reviewed 17 January 2010

I stayed at this hotel for a week while on a business trip. Having stayed in Fairmont properties before, I had fairly high expectations. I wasn't disappointed. From the moment I arrived, the staff wen above and beyond to provide a wonderful experience. Doors were held open, luggage was delivered, and my room was cleaned twice a day. I think it is a part of the Singaporean culture, but it didn't feel to me like anyone was expecting to be tipped.

The location is great, right in the middle of Raffles Mall with shops and restaurants a very short walk away. I had a room on the 19th floor, overlooking the city, war memorial, and the Singapore Flyer. It was even better at night with the city lights shining.

The room itself was nice and clean. I wouldn't say it was overly remarkable, but the two-person bathtub and rainshower head were really nice. The bed was comfortable and there was a work area with Internet connection.

About the only negative point I would mention is that Internet is not included in the already high price. I had to pay $140 for the week for wired internet (no wireless available). It really should be included since this is a business hotel.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Devo1975
Manila
Reviewed 15 January 2010

I stayed at the Fairmont in December 2009, and I have nothing but praises for this hotel. The room we stayed in (with 2 large double beds) was big and spotless: sheets, towels, pillows all fluffy, clean and white. Housekeeping responded to every request promptly and efficiently, check-in and check-out process was very smooth and quick.

The buffet breakfast was a feast, with a wide a varied selection of hot and cold dishes (international and local fare), fruits, and drinks. Coffee not limited to house blend brewed, but you have a choice of cappuccino or espresso, as well. And breakfast is served until very late, 11:00am, which is a plus if you want a few more hours of sleep!

Location of the hotel is perfect, it is within the Raffles City Mall complex, with great shops and restaurants. Chijmes -- a building with numerous bars and restaurants – is right across the street, and Funan Mall (the IT / electronics mall) is a five minute walk. The City Hall MRT station is beneath the Raffles City Mall, so every other place is easily accessible, including the airport.

I am in Singapore at least twice every year, and have stayed in several 5-star hotels. On a hunch, I decided to try the Fairmont for the first time this December and it was a great decision. I will definitely stay in this hotel again!

Just a tip, as well: for all my trips to Singapore, I use a local travel agent, C & E Holidays (www.cneholidays.com), and I deal with Wendy. They are by far one of the most efficient agents I have ever come across in all my travels abroad. If you are worried about booking and reservations, I highly recommend this agent for all your Singapore needs.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends