“Excellent Hotel, First Rate Service”
Review of Fairmont Singapore

Fairmont Singapore
Ranked #20 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 22 February 2011

I have been fortunate enough to experience two extended stays at The Fairmont in Singapore. Staying in the same hotel for 6 weeks can be a draining experience, as we all long for home, however, the contrary was experience. All the staff make you feel welcome and nothing is too much bother. The quality of the rooms are of a high standard, and I love the bathroom in the Deluxe rooms, I could stay under the 'waterfall' shower head for hours.
Breakfast by the pool is great, except when guys who should not be wearing 'speedo' trunks walk past, almost puts you off the wonderful buffet.
I wish I could stay at the hotel all the time, but as a prime hotel for the city, it does carry a premium, but it's nearly always full, so service and style will prevail over cost.
The location is not the most calming, busy roads surround the hotel, although it is easier enough to get taxis or to the MRT. One tip about taxis, if it is raining get down to the taxi rank quickly or book a taxi, as they become very scarce.
Given the option I would always stay at The Fairmont, the hotel is immaculate and the staff attentive and very friendly.
Join the Frequent Users scheme "The President's Club" to get access to Free Internet, although I am still waiting for 9 weeks worth of stays to be added to my account!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Fairmont Singapore

Reviewed 19 February 2011

We had a great moment in this hotel.
the view on the bay is amazing. The sport facilities are very good.
The food was freat as well.
I strongly recommend this hotel which has a great location in the city, between orchard and the marina

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John116083
Reviewed 18 February 2011

our stay at the fairmont was wonderful... every need of ours was taken care of with a great attention to the little details....we were staying there for the new year and were pleasently surprised by the warm and cosy atmosphere .... the staff were great especially a mr sheik shidekh he took such wonderful care of us putting little baskets of fruit and cookies in our room ...making sure i had the tea that i liked ..he took care of every little detail..that really made our stay ..i would recommend this hotel to anyone who would really want to relax and not have to worry about the cleanliness or the efficiency of the staff as i guarantee you ...they are indeed top notch...all in all a perfect stay

• Stayed: December 2010
1  Thank isabel_0208
Reviewed 17 February 2011

Our stay in Fairmont was very pleasant. The staff is very polite and professional. The room was very clean and the bed so comfortable ! The furniture is a bit old and the room doesn't look very modern. The swimming pool is great and the view amazing. Just a shame that the breakfast is not included and is so expensive.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2011

I booked this hotel for six nights - three for business, and three for a long weekend with my girlfriend. It was great for both.

First, the location is excellent, close to my meetings in the central business district, and accessible to the various places in Singapore that you'd want to visit on a romantic weekend.

Second, the service is outstanding. At check-in, when I mentioned that my girlfriend would be arriving the next day, the receptionist automatically upgraded me with a "enjoy your weekend." Now, THAT'S service.

The room was spacious and comfortable, with a balcony that we didn't enjoy nearly enough. The bed was one of the best, softest, most addictive I've ever encountered. Almost worth the price for it, alone.

To be sure, the place is expensive, and the extras especially so (S$28 for in-room internet). But it's a Fairmont, so you really shouldn't expect otherwise. The place is exquisite, and if you're willing to spend the money, then you can't go wrong.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
FairmontSingapore, Manager at Fairmont Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2011

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to give us this encouraging feedback. It is always good to hear that we have managed to “WOW” our guests. I look forward to welcoming both you and your girlfriend in future.
Ramesh Govindasamy
Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed 14 February 2011

When we arrived we were given cold handtowels to refresh and my two boys got a balloon each. We stayed 5 nights in the North Tower in a signature room. We were amazed how big the room and bathrooms were. The South tower is the new tower but I really think North tower has the bigger rooms. We had 2 balconies with view of the city and the famous Raffles Hotel. The bed is heavenly. My baby boy didnt want to wake up or get out! My toddler loved the kiddie pool as he could walk in the pool. There is another pool that is for the adults. We went during happy hour and enjoyed the sunset and awesome view. My baby boy got sick on the third night due to suspected undercooked food from a restaurant in
another mall. Fairmont staff immediately had a doctor come to my hotelroom. He was great
and quickly gave my son medicine. We were amazed by the fantastic staff at this hotel. They truly exceed!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to give us this encouraging feedback. It is always comforting to know that our guest no matter what age had a great time with us. We look forward to welcoming you and your family again.

Ramesh Govindasamy
Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed 9 February 2011

Beautiful rooms, excellent service, attentive and friendly staff, and an amazing location. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple