Raffles Hotel Singapore
One Farrer Hotel & Spa(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$197
Carlton Hotel Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$236
US$161
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$528
US$368
MarinaBaySands
  • Pool
Park Hotel Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$182
US$146
  • Breakfast included
4,300 results
All reviewstiffin roombilliard roomcourtyard suitemonkey nutsfamous long barwriters barthe palm courtpeanut shells on the floorcourtyard barhigh teapersonal butlerbucket listbutler servicecolonial stylemain buildingrooftop poolmarina bay sands
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This is the most expensive hotel in Singapore, but you get what you pay for. If you are looking for pampering, personalized service, top notch attention, and any other amenities that you can think of, even a pillow menu, then this is the place for you. Just realize that this all comes with a price. While it is more expensive than any other hotel in Singapore, it is by far the best hotel I've ever stayed at in a large city. As I said, you get what you pay for!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank heffflump
Simon H, General Manager at Raffles Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear heffflump,

Thank you for your generous review. I am delighted that you would recommend us for pampering, personalized service and top notch attention. Raffles Singapore has offered a haven for the well-travelled for over 125 years and we pride ourselves on offering a home away from home so I am pleased to hear that you found it to be the best hotel in a large city you’ve ever stayed in. I hope you will return for another stay with us soon.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We have travelled to many places across the globe, we have stayed in many wonderful places and experienced many top quality hotels. Each time we stay somewhere new it quite often becomes our favourite place, whilst I wouldn't say that Singapore itself is our favourite city, but in saying that it is a lovely place, a shopping and techno geek paradise, both my wife and I fit both of those categories. The absolute jewel in the crown comes as no surprise as Raffles Hotel.

From the moment you are greeted at the entrance, sat in comfort with your complimentary welcome Singapore Sling, to being shown to your suite by your butler to the moment you are, sadly, checked out, you are subjected to a smile, a friendly greeting and a willingness to be helpful from every member of staff that you come into contact with, nothing appears to be too much trouble. I know, I know they get paid to do their job, but not everywhere in the world do people who are paid to do their jobs make you feel as if they are enjoying doing it. At Raffles they do !!! A sad reflection on today's society that it's a surprise to find people who take pride in their work.

Now I am not going to kid anyone, whilst the room charges are acceptable it can become an expensive stay if you eat in the hotel every night and if you buy all your souvenirs from the Raffles shops, but if you are sensible then for the level of luxury and service is extremely reasonable.

We have stayed in Singapore on two previous occasions as stopovers en route to Australia but on this occasion we decided to treat ourselves to a 4 day stop in Raffles en route from Indonesia and I can honestly say that should we have the need to come to Singapore again whether as a stop or a holiday it will be Raffles every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

As I write we sit here waiting to partake of afternoon tea before leaving this sanctuary behind and make our way to the airport for our flight home, we sit here with sadness in our hearts at having to leave but joy in the knowledge that we will be back.

Raffles is an oasis of colonial tranquility amidst a maelstrom of chaos !!!!

Thank you Raffles and each one of your wonderful staff.

Simon & Jane Townsley.

Room Tip: Courtyard suites are very quite and peaceful. Excellent nights sleep.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Townsleys

Dear Townsleys,

Thank you for your kind words and commendation on Raffles Singapore – most particularly for describing the hotel as an ‘oasis of colonial tranquillity’. We are proud to be custodians of such an iconic piece of Singapore’s history and are always delighted to hear when our guests appreciate this as well.

I am thrilled that you were made to feel welcome by all my colleagues here as delivering Raffles’ exceptional levels of service is one of our key aims. I will be sure to pass your generous comments on to the rest of the team and look forward to welcoming you back when you next return to Singapore.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Returning from an overseas trip, where my wife fell and broke her ankle, we decided to break our journey in Singapore, thinking that some pampering would do her good, I booked Raffles.
Our flight from Amsterdam was arriving very early so I requested an early check in, no problem. We cleared immigration at record speed and our taxi took us to a back entrance, but on my finding the foyer it was no problem for the staff to send a porter with the wheelchair, which they had ready, around to pick her up. As we were early early for our booking we were sat in he lounge and a very dapper gentleman engaged us in conversation, ordered coffee, and gave us a fascinating talk on the hotel. He turned out to be the Hotel Museum Manager. Such a delightful fellow and he stayed with us until the porter came to take us to our room.
So off via the lovely long verandahs to one of the best hotel rooms I have ever seem. Not so much opulent as very warm and welcoming, with every thing that one could need for a stay.
Later that day after a rest we decided to go to the Long Bar for the traditional Singapore Sling, as we proceeded, with my wife in the provided wheelchair, we were met by another Under Manager, who insisted on taking over and wheeling my wife and, on leaving us offered a tour of the hotel after our dinner and drinks. This was as fascinating as the one earlier and took us to some places the hoi polloi do not see.
Two very comfortable nights with exemplary service, lunch on the collonaded terrace, saw, but could not get into the High Tea and an exceptional shopping experience in the hotel and nearby shopping centre.
Again our flight was leaving early, but it was no trouble to have early coffee, a hotel limousine to the airport, and return the wheelchair via that car so my wife was not inconvenienced.
I would recommend Raffles to any weary travelers who need a relaxing break, with discreet but fantastic service and a great location for strolls around a very historic area of Singapore.
Make sure you take this advice as, while it was not cheap, it was worth every cent for the location, the ambience and the fabulous service.

Room Tip: Try for one on the ground floor with outlook to the gardens, they are superb.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FarmerJohn45

Dear FarmerJohn45,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Raffles Singapore. We always strive to offer Raffles’ legendary levels of service and so I am delighted to hear that we were able to deliver this, especially after your long flight. We are proud to be custodians of such an iconic part of Singapore’s history, so I am glad that you enjoyed the tour of the hotel. I am pleased you found the service exemplary, the shopping exceptional and your entire stay relaxing. I will of course pass on your thoughtful words to the rest of the team and hope we will be able to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

This was the best hotel I have ever stayed at. The service is so personal and thoughtful it is like staying with (very polite) friends. The ambience is a true oasis in a hot place that maintains class and elegance. It is not about the rooms or the level of funky technology but it is the long terraces, ceiling fans and staff knowing your name that sets it apart.

Stay here and you will find service redefined, nothing else will feel the same again, and we were there as a couple with a 5 year old. Even for our daughter, she loved the genuine attention the staff gave her.

This is not the best equipped hotel in the World, but to look for this misses the point. For all the high tech in the world, nothing beats genuine service.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nicholas F

Dear Nicholas F,

Thank you for your kind review of Raffles Singapore – most particularly for describing the hotel as ‘the best hotel you have ever stayed at’. True praise indeed and hugely appreciated. I agree that ‘genuine service’ is a pre-requisite for a happy stay in any hotel, so was delighted to read that this was what stood out most for both you and your family while you were here. I will share your feedback with the rest of the team and hope you will return to visit us again.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Not a cheap option but totally enjoyable and luxurious. Good location and set in beautiful gardens with good shops in the complex.
The staff were amazingly attentive and took care of our every need.
A special place!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Juliet C,

Thank you for your charming review of Raffles Singapore. We always strive to offer a haven for the well-travelled so I am delighted to hear that your stay here was so enjoyable and luxurious. I was also particularly pleased to read that the staff took care of your every need, as one of our key priorities is to provide Raffles’ legendary levels of service at all times. I will pass on you kind comments to the rest of the team here and hope we will be able to welcome you back in the future.