“So glad we stayed in this historic hotel”

Raffles Hotel Singapore
Ranked #4 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We loved everything about our stay at this historic hotel. We could feel the rich colonial history from the moment we arrived. The service was impeccable, the rooftop pool was a welcome respite from the Singapore heat in the afternoon. Though pricey, as are most things in Singapore, we would have been very sad to be staying at one of the crowded, neon new high rise hotels instead of this rich, stately, serene experience. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ShaunaJT
Simon H, General Manager at Raffles Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear ShaunaJT,

Thank you for your kind review on your recent stay. Raffles Singapore has played an iconic part in Singapore’s history so I am delighted that you felt this rich colonial history from the moment you arrive. I am also particularly pleased that you found our service to be impeccable as we have always strived to uphold Raffles’ reputation for legendary service. I will be sure to pass this on to the rest of my colleagues and look forward to welcoming you again to enjoy the rooftop pool as well as the colonial charm and calm of Raffles Singapore soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I did not stay at the Raflles hotel but for the historic part, we decided to have a tea time and a cocktail at night.
The hotel is colonial, elegant, clean and one of the most iconic places in Singapore.
Good location and good cocktails, of course if you go there you need to drink a Singapore Sling.
The loung is classic and very comfortable.
I would totally go back there for a cocktail night.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Simon H, General Manager at Raffles Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear BoqueBcn,

Thank you for your charming review of Raffles Singapore. As one of the proud custodians of this iconic building, I am delighted that you found the hotel elegant, clean and colonial. We always aim to provide an oasis for the well-travelled and I am glad we achieved this for you. We look forward to welcoming you back soon – perhaps for a longer stay.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I recently made my visit visit to the Raffles Hotel after seeing the British television program, TENKO. Whilst the hotel has undergone a major renovation since the program was filmed, it has lost none of its old world charm and it is easy to see why it has a reputation for being one of the finest hotels in Singapore.

From the time you check in, to being assigned your Butler who will take you through your room, explain the features and how things operate, all staff are personable, friendly, and knowledgeable. All queries or requests are dealt with smoothly and efficiently, and nothing is too much trouble.

Wifi reception was intermittent and quite weak in the room I stayed in, so if this is a requirement whilst you are travelling, you may want to consider requesting a room with a strong connection.

Hopefully this will not be my last visit to the famous Raffles, and I look forward to returning in the future on subsequent trips to Singapore.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Ryan S,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Raffles Singapore. We are thrilled to be an iconic part of Singapore’s history for over 125 years and so I am pleased that you feel the hotel has not lost any of its colonial charm. I was delighted to read that you found the staff friendly, knowledgeable and obliging as providing Raffles’ legendary levels of service is one of our key aims. I will be sure to pass on your charming comments to the rest of the team and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

This hotel is 'classique' and I would like to stay in this palace. The service and room is good. My colleagues and me enjoy our staying in here during our business days.If you like that this hotel is your best friend. Otherwise you may want to look elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear peter r,

Thank you for your kind review of Raffles Singapore. I am delighted that we were able to offer you and your colleagues an enjoyable stay during your business trip. As an established part of Singapore’s heritage for the past 125 years, we work hard to maintain its colonial charm, so I was pleased to read that you found Raffles to be ‘classique’. I hope we will be able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

We had a short stay of two nights at Raffles last year but this year decided to take a week at the hotel. From the moment we stepped out of our taxi on arrival to the moment we got into another taxi to depart, it was like being enveloped in a warm cocoon of elegance and charm ! We were greeted with "Welcome Home" at check in and it felt like coming home.
Every aspect of our stay was excellent. It's lovely to be greeted with a smile and Good Morning etc by every staff member you see
We went to Ah Tengs for breakfast most mornings. Highly recommended. Also the drinks and snacks pool side were excellent. We had dinner at the Long Bar Steakhouse and also a superb dinner at Raffles Grill.
Our butler was extremely helpful and nothing was too much trouble.
The lack of flat screen TVs , tea coffee making facilities in suite was of no consequence to us. We didn't come to Raffles to watch TV and if we required a pot of tea, it arrived promptly via our butler.
We look forward to our next stay at this grand old lady. It's worth it

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear JanetW0,

Thank you for choosing to return again to Raffles Singapore and for your thoughtful review. We always strive to provide an exceptional level of service, always anticipating the needs of our guests to offer a haven for the well-travelled. Everyone here delights in offering generosity in spirit and I am glad you feel that we delivered this throughout your stay. I am also pleased that you enjoyed the diverse range of cuisine on offer here. We look forward to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Our 3 night stay at Raffles was one we will never forget. Such a beautiful hotel, the staff and wonderful, the food was delightful, the gardens, shopping, pool etc.. were first class. The atmosphere in the hotel was very relaxing and we were looked after like royalty.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Raffles Hotels & Resorts

Dear Glenn M,

Thank you for your charming review. I am delighted that you enjoyed so many aspects of the hotel. We consistently aim to offer an oasis for the well-travelled and service plays a key part in this – as such I was particularly pleased that you felt you were ‘looked after like royalty’. I will share you thoughtful feedback with the rest of the team and hope we will be able to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

This was our 2nd stay at the hotel, but this time instead of a short stay ( two nights), we were there for a week. From the moment we stepped out of the taxi and were "welcomed home" to the moment we left for the airport, we were treated superbly . We were in a courtyard suite with a supremely comfortable bed. Our butler was fantastic. He organised restaurant bookings etc and couldn't have been more helpful. We ate at the Raffles Grill one night and although eyewateringly expensive, it was a memorable meal. What stood out for me was the genuine friendliness and charm of everyone we came across who worked there.
Raffles Singapore, is a very special place and for me is the best hotel in the world . I wish I could visit more often!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Raffles Hotels & Resorts

Dear Mace R,

Thank you for your kind review of Raffles Singapore – most particularly for describing the hotel as, in your opinion, ‘the best hotel in the world’. True praise indeed and hugely appreciated. I was delighted to read that you were treated superbly, and with genuine friendliness as delivering Raffles’ legendary levels of service is one of our key priorities. I will be sure to pass your valued thoughts on to the entire team here, including your butler. We were delighted to welcome you back for your second stay and I do hope that you will be able to return for a third time.