“Extraordinary experience”

Raffles Hotel Singapore
Ranked #4 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Great colleagues, great facility, could feel at home while having unusual hotel life experience. This time I stayed for business purpose and it was quite short stay but it was enough to make me feel to come back again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Raffles Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Hideyuki O
Simon H, General Manager at Raffles Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Hideyuki O,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at Raffles Singapore. I am delighted that you were made to feel at home as providing a ‘home-away-from-home’ experience is one of our key priorities, particularly when guests are travelling on business. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Raffles Singapore

Write a ReviewReviews (4,273)

Reviewed 20 June 2014

A wonderful experience - as long as you can afford it. Wonderful decor and spotlessly clean. Staff are friendly and efficient and there is a wide choice of restaurants/bars etc. Room service was very efficient and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Raffles Hotels & Resorts

Dear Bill J,

Thank you for your delightful review of Raffles Singapore. We pride ourselves on consistently delivering a high-standard of service, so I am delighted that you found the service to be both efficient and friendly. Décor and fine cuisine are also key to the Raffles experience and I am thrilled that you found these impressive. I will pass on your thoughtful words to the team here and hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed at Raffles for three nights before flying on to Bali. Very impressive hotel, excellent service, room beautiful, stayed in a courtyard suite. Food a bit expensive but really good, Singapore Sling to die for, afternoon tea an experience not to be missed, all in all a wonderful experience

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lesley M

Dear Lesley M,

Thank you very much for your charming review of Raffles Singapore. I am thrilled that so many aspects of the hotel contributed to your ‘wonderful experience’. I was particularly pleased to read that you feel our afternoon tea is a “must-do” and will be sure to inform the Pastry Chef and his team of your lovely feedback. I hope you will return to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Checkin was effortless and we were shown straight to our room. Not long after leaving our room we were watched and then approached by a female member of staff and questioned as to our residency in the hotel this was done quite abruptly and was a bit unpleasant. However that out of the way the rest our our stay was faultless. Raffles is not just a hotel it is an experience Rooms are spacious comfortable and clean. The butler service is first class. Breakfast in the Tiffin room and food in Raffles Grill was amazing,as was the service. Also worth a visit is the Longbar for a famous Singapore Sling were seating is reserved for hotel guests. I would defiantly recommend a stay at this Historic hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 48lynn
Simon H, General Manager at Raffles Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2014

Dear 48lynn,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at Raffles Singapore and for your kind words about the hotel, the service, the rooms and the restaurants.

We always aim to deliver Raffles exceptional levels of service and I am delighted that this stood out for you throughout your visit. I will be sure to pass on your thoughtful words to the rest of the team. However I am very concerned to hear that my colleague’s actions had caused you discomfort which should not have been the case and I sincerely apologize for the incident. Please rest assured that we have shared this with our colleagues to ensure it does not happen again.

I am delighted that the rest of your stay was “faultless” and fully appreciative of your recommendation of a stay at the hotel.

Thank you once again for your generous feedback and I look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Warm regards,

Christian Westbeld
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I was in Singapore on business for five days and had the pleasure of staying at one of the oldest hotels in Asia. Raffles isn't as exciting as Marina By ( the "buildings with a boat on top",) but the level of service, attention to detail and your comfort cannot be denied. I think the people who work there get a dossier on their guests, or as as they call us: "residents", as it seems everyone knows your name. Your comfort is their number one objective. The suites are huge (I don't know if "small" rooms exist there), the beds are wonderful, the air conditioning is much more than adequate, and the quality of food in the various eateries is excellent. The place hasn't been redone for about thirty years but doesn't show any real signs of wear. The colonial look and feel is very welcoming. There is a beautiful large pool area as we'll. if I am fortunate enough to go back to Singapore, Raffles is my choice!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jwchait

Dear Jwchait,

Thank you for choosing to post such a delightful review of Raffles Singapore. We always aim to offer a haven for the well-travelled and service, room size and amenities play a vital role in this. I am glad that these all stood out for you. I will be sure to pass on your thoughtful words to everyone here and hope to welcome you back again when you are next in Singapore.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed at the Raffles on the summer trip last year, and its now our 4th stay. The hotel is in the old colonial style, but rooms are spacious and clean, and the air con worked!!
The afternoon tea was an experience you must not miss with many Japanese tourists not having quite understood the return as often as you wish concept.
The long room was an experience as its the only public place you can drop peanut shells on the floor and not get arrested. And its the home of the Singapore Sling, and what a refreshing drink this is, well worth the trip.

Room Tip: You must try the outside rooms, there very light and airy
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear CocktailsAtRaffles,

Thank you very much for your kind review of Raffles Singapore. It is always a pleasure to read the thoughts of our guests – particularly those who have stayed with us frequently. We are honoured to have been an iconic part of Singapore’s history and I am delighted that you enjoyed the hotel’s traditions, colonial style and renowned Singapore Sling. I will share your charming words with the rest of the team and hope you will return again soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed for a night (redeeming reward points). Check in - very pleasant that they usher you to an armchair and you sit looking at their very grand lobby. Bad thing is that the check in very slow. Taken to room and given good explanation of the various doors we had to unlock along the way. The room had good and bad. The good - spacious, high ceilings, character, nice wood floors plus rugs. Realise that you don't go to the Raffles for high tech but the TV was ancient (first time I've seen a non-flat screen in a top hotel for quite a while), the phone didn't work properly and the plumbing in the shower a bit erratic.
I realise that it's a personal thing but I far prefer having a coffee machine in the room rather than relying on the butler service. This would have been the case even if the phones had worked properly. As they didn't we waited a long time for an early morning cup of coffee. OK on a weekend break but I would have been seriously annoyed had it been on a business trip.
Breakfast was great. Excellent cold buffet and the hot stuff cooked fresh. Service very good but a bit too overpowering at times - conversations interrupted by the "would you like some more?".
Checkout a lot more efficient than check in.
Overall great atmosphere and glad I went but would never stay on business (there are better hotels in Singapore in absolute terms even before you take value for money into account) and the rumoured major refurbishment is coming not a moment too soon.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David P

Dear David P,

Thank you very much for having chosen to stay with us recently as well as for your time to share your detailed feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased that we left a great impression on you through the historical ambience in the lobby, the distinctive interiors of the suite and the quality of food served at breakfast. We always aim to deliver Raffles’ legendary levels of hospitality so I am concerned to hear that your experience was not what the vast majority of our guests normally enjoy and I apologize for the delay experienced at check in as this is not a usual reflection of our service standard.

Your feedback on the fittings and amenities has been noted and we are in the planning phase to update some of these soon. We pride ourselves on the attentive and personal service we provide to residents and I do apologize if they come across as too overpowering at times. I will be sure to share your feedback with the team to ensure this will not happen again.

We are very grateful for your generous feedback as it allows us to continually monitor our guests’ requirements and work on improving the areas of concern. I look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Yours sincerely,