I stayed here in August 2013 for 3 nights for my first trip to Singapore. Found the location nice and somewhat close to places to check out but although it is only a 15 minute walk this is pretty horrible in unbearable humidity but my favourite thing about Singapore, cheap taxis! (the only cheap thing in the entire country haha)
Anyway i booked a superior room with no balcony (i thought it had one until i'd booked as it wasn't to clear anywhere, so for those wanting a balcony you need to book deluxe).
I wish i had got the name of the happy and very friendly concierge who was always out the front. Had a few chats with him about Singapore which was nice.
-Great view from the room
-Good range at breakfast buffet i always really enjoyed it especially all the pastries, the bacon was terrible but then again i've never had any good non super crispy bacon anywhere in Asia.
-Friendly Concierge that helped us book tours
-Close to Clarke Quay & short cheap taxi ride to lots of the main areas
-The built in hairdryer in the bathroom which you cannot move very far from the wall gets dangerously hot to the point of me almost scolding myself after using it for quite literally 2 minutes, so bring your own! Was shocked at how much this heated up & the design is difficult to use
-The fridge smelt like something was dead inside of it and we didn't use it for the 3 days after letting house keeping know the first day and nothing being done.
-The room is TINY & poorly designed to move around
-I think we left our air conditioner on for the entire 3 days but it was still always hot
-The bathtub was the smallest thing i have ever seen, almost like a foot bath. Very irritating when i badly needed a night to relax & was crammed in uncomfortably. I'm only 160cm tall and a small build also.
-The bathroom ceiling was very mouldy
-Stubbed my toe almost every time upon entering the bathroom as the floor is slightly raised
-Within seconds of being in the bathroom it is like a sauna! So hot i can't even describe
-Could hear a pin drop in a room 10 doors down...in other words extremely thin walls
-Makeup was on the pillow i had day two but the whole bed was made up, not sure if it was mine and the cover was just smoothed out and turned around or just dirty..
-Two guests, 1 dressing gown....?
-And lastly the light inside the cupboard would not turn off, this was because the cupboard door didn't close properly and it has to close to turn it off. I used bags to keep it shut but very annoying having stuff in the tiny walk way to the bathroom at night, the rooms tiny enough without having bags in the way.
For what we paid i expected much better and much cleaner from a city like Singapore!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated along the historic Singapore River near central Singapore, Copthorne King's Hotel features award-winning dining venues, a landscaped outdoor pool, steam and sauna facilities and a mini putting green for you to relax and recharge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelbag, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Copthorne King's Hotel Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copthorne Kings Hotel Singapore
- Singapore Copthorne Kings Hotel
- Copthorne King's Hotel Singapore