“Above average, but service must improve”

Copthorne King's Hotel Singapore
Ranked #117 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Location was very convenient. Room was clean with good ergonomics. Restaurant need improvement. Staff need to put some smile on their faces. Hotel is very close to famous shopping areas and traffic is not bad in the area.

Room Tip: Higher up is better
1  Thank Electra-md
Guest_Relations_CKS, Manager at Copthorne King's Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

Dear Electra-md

Thank you for your review of our hotel.

We are delighted that you appreciated the convenient location of the hotel and cleanliness of the room.

Thank you also for your observations on the restaurant and our staff. We are constantly striving on improving our service and food quality.

There are newer reviews for Copthorne King's Hotel Singapore

Reviewed 18 December 2013

I stayed here in August 2013 for 3 nights for my first trip to Singapore. Found the location nice and somewhat close to places to check out but although it is only a 15 minute walk this is pretty horrible in unbearable humidity but my favourite thing about Singapore, cheap taxis! (the only cheap thing in the entire country haha)

Anyway i booked a superior room with no balcony (i thought it had one until i'd booked as it wasn't to clear anywhere, so for those wanting a balcony you need to book deluxe).
I wish i had got the name of the happy and very friendly concierge who was always out the front. Had a few chats with him about Singapore which was nice.

PROS:
-Great view from the room
-Good range at breakfast buffet i always really enjoyed it especially all the pastries, the bacon was terrible but then again i've never had any good non super crispy bacon anywhere in Asia.
-Friendly Concierge that helped us book tours
-Close to Clarke Quay & short cheap taxi ride to lots of the main areas

CONS:
-The built in hairdryer in the bathroom which you cannot move very far from the wall gets dangerously hot to the point of me almost scolding myself after using it for quite literally 2 minutes, so bring your own! Was shocked at how much this heated up & the design is difficult to use
-The fridge smelt like something was dead inside of it and we didn't use it for the 3 days after letting house keeping know the first day and nothing being done.
-The room is TINY & poorly designed to move around
-I think we left our air conditioner on for the entire 3 days but it was still always hot
-The bathtub was the smallest thing i have ever seen, almost like a foot bath. Very irritating when i badly needed a night to relax & was crammed in uncomfortably. I'm only 160cm tall and a small build also.
-The bathroom ceiling was very mouldy
-Stubbed my toe almost every time upon entering the bathroom as the floor is slightly raised
-Within seconds of being in the bathroom it is like a sauna! So hot i can't even describe
-Could hear a pin drop in a room 10 doors down...in other words extremely thin walls
-Makeup was on the pillow i had day two but the whole bed was made up, not sure if it was mine and the cover was just smoothed out and turned around or just dirty..
-Two guests, 1 dressing gown....?
-And lastly the light inside the cupboard would not turn off, this was because the cupboard door didn't close properly and it has to close to turn it off. I used bags to keep it shut but very annoying having stuff in the tiny walk way to the bathroom at night, the rooms tiny enough without having bags in the way.
For what we paid i expected much better and much cleaner from a city like Singapore!

Room Tip: Choose the deluxe room if you're looking for a balcony
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Eff O
Guest_Relations_CKS, Manager at Copthorne King's Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear Eff O

Thank you for taking time to write this review.

We are happy that you appreciated the view from the room, breakfast range, the service of the staff at the Concierge, and the location of the hotel.

We appreciate your feedback and have taken note of your valued comments on areas where we have fallen short. Please be assured we will review them and make the necessary improvements for an elevated guest experience.

We are constantly working on improving our service and amenities. We would like to invite you to write in to rooms.cks@millenniumhotels.com so we can work together to address your concerns.

We hope to welcome you back again and feel the difference.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Soulless hotel, save staff have nothing about them, rooms are very small but clean.
Gym equipment needs updating, breakfast very average. Coffee shocking.
Average location it's a 10/15 minute wall to Clarke quay but no fun when so hot. Taxis very cheap.
Love Singapore but very expensive.
Hotel does a job but that's about it.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Matt D

Dear Matt D

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We are glad that you appreciated the cleanliness of the room.

Thank you also for your observations of our gym and breakfast spread. We sincerely apologise for the lapses in our service. We are constantly striving to improve our service, facilities and our food offerings.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

I booked this as a secret hotel. Initially I was a bit disappointed as the reviews are generally not too positive.

I was pleasantly surprised with my stay. The room is an OK size. Not huge, but certainly big enough for a couple. The bed was comfortable and the pillow menu was quite nice - ordered a more supportive pillow and it was deliver in about 15 minutes.

Gym is one of the better I've seen in a hotel. Was happy to see they had dumbells that went past the standard 10KG.

Staff were always helpful and smiling when entering or leaving the hotel.

The free breakfast was decent. Not a hug variety, but more than enough to fuel up for a day of exploring.

Internet was OK. Not that fast, but workable. From memory you could have 2 devices logged in at the same time.

Hotel is not that close to the MRT, but there's buses literally out front and you can get to most areas with them. I fully recommend buying an ezilink card so you can tap on and off much easier.

All in all if the price is right I'd happily stay at the Copthrone Kings again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank sydboy07
Guest_Relations_CKS, Manager at Copthorne King's Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

Dear sydboy07

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel.

We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay and appreciated the room and the gym. We are happy that you were satisfied with the complimentary breakfast too.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Nothing exciting and the bathroom is big like my guest toilet at home, but if you pay less than 200 sing dollar for a Hotel you can not expect to much.

It is clean, the stuff helpful, hotel has a small pool and a small gym.

The breakfast is very simple, fresh toast only on Saturdays, croissant taste like from the day before, but it is ok - even while I would not eat there again. (sign over the counter of the chief reads: "best buffet in Singapore" - NOT)

4  Thank Nobody125

Dear Nobody125

Thank you for your review of our hotel.

We are glad that you found the hotel clean and our staff helpful.With regard to the food, we are reviewing our food offerings.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Copthorne King's Hotel.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Stayed here for a week on business.
Found the staff at the front desk during check in lacking enthusiasm.

Once in my room I was disgusted by the amount of hairs in the bathroom and shower. This is not the type of service you would expect from a large hotel chain.
The rest of the room was reasonable but the bed was very hard and only 2 pillows.
There was a decent size balcony but no furniture ?.
Very poor selection of TV channels.

Only ordered room service once, it was delivered quickly and the food was good, only problem was my tray was still outside my room 18 hrs later.
Ate in the restaurant once, basic menu and basic service, charged for a glass of table water.
First day at breakfast I waited for 5 minutes for the girl to take my room number but she just carried on clearing tables and never made the effort to acknowledge that people were waiting, so from then on I just sat down every morning.
There arebottles of water in your room that you think are complementry but upon check out you are charged for them.

I used the laundry service everyday with no problem. I had to leave a few days early so contacted the front desk at 2pm asking if I could have my laundry back early as I was checking out at 7pm. I was assured it would be no problem. After several telephone conversations and visits to the reception, (empty promises by staff and duty manager) half of my laundry arrived at 7:15pm and the rest was missing and they did not know where it was.
They did refund me for the missing laundry but it wouldn’t pay the cost of replacement but as I was now running late for my flight I’d had more than enough of the Copthorne Kings.

I’ve stayed at the Furama next door which is slightly cheaper but a far better hotel to stay in, better food and by far superior service. I have asked my company to book me in here the next time I visit Singapore.

5  Thank buckieloon
Reviewed 7 November 2013

good location for everything we wanted to do in singapore hotel is of a good standard rooms are decent size and clean hotel staff all speak good english and are very pleasant and nothing is to much trouble for them hotel has a small pool which was very nice and quiet overall a good place to stay and if i come to singapore again i will choose this hotel

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear gary616267

Thank you for your excellent feedback on the hotel.

We are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and liked the location, rooms and pool and were pleased with our service.