We were supposed to stay at this hotel for 5 nights for a business trip. Our flight arrived after midnight so it was around 1 am when we arrived at the hotel. We had booked queen rooms and were told none were available and we would have to take twin beds. My colleague and I both declined and somehow they were able to find two queen rooms for us! I went up to my room and was immediately greeted with a leaking ceiling. The leak was coming through the ceiling light and there was a wet puddle in the carpet the size of a basketball. It had obvisously been leaking for some time. I called the desk and amazing enough they had another queen room for me to try. I went into this room and it was absolutely filthy. There was what appeared to be splattered blood all over the balcony door, the bathroom was full of mildew and the room smelled. At this point it was almost 2 am and I didn't have time to look for another hotel. In the morning I spoke with my colleague and he said his carpet was moldy and his room smelled like a cigarette filled bar. We decided to check out immediately. The front desk never asked why we were leaving after one night and only gave us our bill. Our office called over to the hotel immediately and were told something completely different. They said we complained at the front desk so they sent housekeeping up to the rooms to confirm our complaints. Completely not true, no one at the front desk ever asked us about our stay, not once. They said housekeeping found the rooms to be satisfactory and the charges would stay. I would only stay here if you would like to spend $200+ SD for a dirty, stinky room and questionable management.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern Twelve-story Hotel with attached 20-story circular Tower (1978). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Copthorne King's Hotel Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copthorne Kings Hotel Singapore
- Singapore Copthorne Kings Hotel
- Copthorne King's Hotel Singapore