“Rooms were small!!”

Ranked #119 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Rooms were small!!”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Hotel room was booked through Hotel's website and included breakfast. Upon Check in we realized that room was pretty small. Timing of shuttle bus service were not at all comfortable for travelling for neat by places

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ami171
Guest_Relations_CKS, Manager at Copthorne King's Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Ami171,

Thank you for the review of our hotel. We have noted your feedback on the accommodation and the shuttle bus service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Copthorne King’s Hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Lake in the Hills, Illinois
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I love Singapore! It doesn't matter that my hotel was not dazzling. Since I am on a budget, this hotel meets my criteria and that's all I can say. The room was just okay, the carpet could use a good cleaning. The location was easy to get around, I was able to take the shuttle to several touristy spots, I could walk to the river, some quaint restaurants along the river, take the river taxi and see the sites. There is also an excellent restaurant in the hotel that serves authentic food. I wish I could love this hotel along with the city. I did get upgraded to a deluxe room and stayed in the quiet tower all on Hotwire rates. The price was right.

Room Tip: Get upgraded! Don't pay extra.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Dear LindaT2409,

Thank you for the review of our hotel. We are happy to know you have enjoyed your visit to Singapore. We have noted your comments on the accommodation.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Hotel room was booked through Hotel's web site.
We reserved Superior room with a queen size bed - upon arrival we discovered that the Superior room is very poor and had twin beds.

Eventually we were upgraded (for free) to the Deluxe room (Yay!)

Good breakfast, useful shuttle service.

Room Tip: Avoid "Superior" depressing jail cells at all cost, the deluxe rooms are very good (relati...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NimroedK
Guest_Relations_CKS, Manager at Copthorne King's Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear NimroedK,

Thank you for the review of our hotel. We are happy to know you enjoyed the free upgrade, buffet variety and shuttle bus service.

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

The room / bathroom size is nothing to write home about. Inspite of paying life to opt for the Club room, the room size left a lot to be desired !! Dread to think what the std room size would be like !!
The BF layout was ok with good timings esp an early start for the working ppl
But something like not even having a lighter or matchbox in a smoking room amazed me to no end !!
Overall a decent experience. Would definitely want to try out some other options on my next Singapore visit !!

• Stayed May 2014
Guest_Relations_CKS, Manager at Copthorne King's Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear RDamle,

Thank you for the review of our hotel. We are happy that you liked the buffet breakfast.

We are doing our utmost to improve our service quality and facilities. Your comments on the accommodation and the smoking room have been noted.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Copthorne King's Hotel.
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We were supposed to stay at this hotel for 5 nights for a business trip. Our flight arrived after midnight so it was around 1 am when we arrived at the hotel. We had booked queen rooms and were told none were available and we would have to take twin beds. My colleague and I both declined and somehow they were able to find two queen rooms for us! I went up to my room and was immediately greeted with a leaking ceiling. The leak was coming through the ceiling light and there was a wet puddle in the carpet the size of a basketball. It had obvisously been leaking for some time. I called the desk and amazing enough they had another queen room for me to try. I went into this room and it was absolutely filthy. There was what appeared to be splattered blood all over the balcony door, the bathroom was full of mildew and the room smelled. At this point it was almost 2 am and I didn't have time to look for another hotel. In the morning I spoke with my colleague and he said his carpet was moldy and his room smelled like a cigarette filled bar. We decided to check out immediately. The front desk never asked why we were leaving after one night and only gave us our bill. Our office called over to the hotel immediately and were told something completely different. They said we complained at the front desk so they sent housekeeping up to the rooms to confirm our complaints. Completely not true, no one at the front desk ever asked us about our stay, not once. They said housekeeping found the rooms to be satisfactory and the charges would stay. I would only stay here if you would like to spend $200+ SD for a dirty, stinky room and questionable management.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank RoRoFTC
Dear RoRoFTC,

Thank you for the review of our hotel. We have noted your comments on our room and service.

We would like to invite you to write in to us at room.cks@millenniumhotels.com so we can work together to restore your faith in us.

Travellers are raving about these Singapore hotels

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I was told when I checked in that, although the hotel wasn't very busy, they did not have any of the type of room I had booked available. So instead of upgrading me to a different, available room type, they downgraded me (!) to a tiny room with 2 single beds nearly (but not quite) wedged together. The beds themselves were comfortable, but I don't expect to pay for a hotel's booking mistakes like this.

The restaurant buffet was very busy at lunch, so it might be good then, but it was pretty poor at breakfast. Hotel breakfasts should either be extravagant and expensive, or basic and cheap. This one was expensive and basic.

The location is okay if you're okay with a 20-25 minute walk to the dt core or to Orchard Rd., which I didn't mind at all -- the walk along the river to the core is pretty nice, actually -- but there isn't much in the immediate vicinity of the hotel for restaurants, shops or services (making it hard to work around the poor breakfast at the hotel).

Except for the downgrade, the lobby staff were friendly and helpful, especially the porters/door staff.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Finny442,

Thank you for the constructive review of our hotel.

We are constantly striving to improve ourselves, and your feedback on the check-in issue and the breakfast buffet has been noted.

Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel during my recent getaway. Friendly reception and one particular porter stood out and was friendly to us during the entire stay. He even provided suggestions on how to get to certain spots, like using buses and suggested alternative ways of getting to our destinations instead of using taxi. Very friendly staff and it ain't overpriced. Great variety of restaurants within 10 minutes walk of the hotel. Only down point is that the breakfast buffet never changes and there is a 15 minutes walk to the nearest MRT. But overall it was very good.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Red O
Dear Red O,

Thank you for the helpful review of our hotel. Our staff are happy to help whenever they are able to. We are happy to hear that our pricing strategy and proximity to restaurants were to your liking.

We have noted your comment on the buffet breakfast variety.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Copthorne King's Hotel.