“GOOD STAY”

Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel
Ranked #55 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 16 April 2011

Very good 5 stars hotel, special if you stay in the Club room at highest floors.
Great breakfast and service, very good business centre.
For people travelling for business and leisure, not so far from Orchard Road, around 10 minutes by taxi.
For this price is difficult to find better deal.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Wang_Colin, General Manager at Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2011

Dear DavideBali,
Many thanks for encouraging feedback. We are glad you’ve enjoyed your stay at Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel. I will share your comment with my team members at the Club Lounge and Business Centre for a great job done. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon.
Best Regards
Colin Wang

Write a ReviewReviews (2,868)

Reviewed 14 April 2011

My partner and I regularly visit Singapore for a few days whilst traveling around Asia. I picked this hotel due to its location (we tend to stay in a hotel nearby). After reading some of the comments on here I was a bit apprehensive. However except for a few hiccups with the access cards to my partners daughters room and the undercooked eggs at breakfast everything was OK. Taxis as always were plentiful and cheap. Bar service was excellent and the chambermaids did a really good job. Polite and efficient check-in (we got into our room at 10.00am which was great). Great World City is a 5 minuet walk away and has a supermarket and cheap dining options if you do not breakfast at the hotel. I would give the Boomerang Bar/Cafe a miss for breakfast (across the other side of the river) - very expensive for poor quality service and food.

Room Tip: Book the best room
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JanieT
Reviewed 13 April 2011

We went down to Singapore during Boxing Day for a four day trip for a much needed break. We chose this hotel for a couple of reasons - its close proximity to the city but yet outside the ERP zones, reasonable hotel rates and most importantly complimentary cark park facilities for hotel guests - a rarity in many major hotels in Singapore these
days. These factors were especially important for people like us who
drive down from KL to Singapore
now and then. The rooms were a
little bit rundown. We booked two
rooms which hardly met our
expectations of a four or five star
hotel in Singapore. Even though the
rooms are located on a non-
smoking floor, there was a heavy
lingering cigarette smoke smell in
one of the rooms we booked. The
second room had a leaky bath tub
and the sliding door to the
wardrobe would not shut properly
due to a faulty hinge which meant
the lights in the wardrobe can't be
turned off unless the wardrobe is
properly closed. We reported these incoveniences to the hotel staff who attended to the rooms immediately. They repaired the leaky bath tub and ran the air purifier in the rooms for us. Overall - the attentiveness of the staff to our needs won us over so we don't really mind staying at the hotel despite the minor inconveniences that we have experienced.

• Stayed: December 2010
2  Thank gemstar1974
Reviewed 2 April 2011

Good clean hotel, with nice buffet breakfast (only had first morning due to early arriving flight). Although were unable to get into our rooms earlier, they provided us with 2 rooms to freshen up in whilst they waited to hear from another visitor if staying longer or not, so we could get the interconnecting rooms. Unfortunately the vistors stayed longer so staff managed to get 2 rooms closer together. Our sons room had plumbing problem one morning, which maintenance came and sorted within half hour. Reception staff were great, with exception one staffer with limited English. Assistant consierge Kumar was brilliant - he had a happy disposition all the time, and was very helpful organising our Kranji outing, as well as searching for an elusive item I was chasing, unfortunately with little sucess. The doormen were also friendly. Lack of easy access to MRT was a disappointment, but taxis were plentyful and staff knowledge of bus routes good. Only down point was from other visitors who were pushy, pushing in front of airline staff trying to book out, but you can get that anywhere. Had great views of river and Singapore Flyer area.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank dacaty
Wang_Colin, General Manager at Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2011

Dear Decaty,

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments which I will share with my staff. At Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel, we strive to provide warm and friendly service to all our guests. We do provide complimentary shuttle bus service to selected MRT stations such as Clarke Quay, Chinatown, Harbourfront (Sentosa) and to popular entertainment and dining belts along Orchard Road, Suntec City and to the CBD. We also have River Taxis available should you wish to go to the Marina Bay front. Once again, we thank you for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 25 March 2011

I stayed at this hotel in January - they asked for details of a bank card on arrival to cover an unpaid expenses following after my stay, and I gave my debit card. After returning home I found 200 Singapore dollars had been withdrawn from my bank account by the hotel a few minutes after my checking in, without my knowledge. I was told nothing on checking out when settling my bill in full (unaware that 3 times as much as I owed had already been withdrawn from my account by the hotel) and found this out only from my bank statement later. After 2 months of having many emails and phone calls responded to with 'I'm sure we cancelled it' - motivated either by an astonishing ignorance by a hotel as to what debit cards do, or an intention to keep the money - I am looking at having to try to lodge a complaint with police over in Singapore in a final attempt to get my money back. At one point over the phone I was asked again to disclose all of my security details for the card, on the apparent grounds that the hotel would need these to contact my bank. I would not wish my experience on anyone, and I would certainly not touch this hotel with the longest bargepole in the world. I have given it 1 star only because it does not seem to be possible to award it none.

Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
8  Thank FleecedinSingapore
Reviewed 24 March 2011

a beautiful client friendly hotel with all aminities including gym and open air swimming pool with jakoozi at 5th floor.

Friendly and smart staff always available at everywhere you need without feeling any disturbance in your privecy.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed 24 March 2011

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our 6 night stay at this hotel for a trip that was a mix of business and leisure. I was a bit wary after reading other reviews about the hotel on Trip Advisor, but was pleasantly surprised by the hotel. The staff were friendly. The hotel was well decorated. There is a large lobby with check in and concierge, but there are no seats in the lobby. The room was very clean, comfortable and stylish. The only downside was that it was compact. The bathroom looked as if it had been newly remodeled. It had a shower but no tub, which I don't consider a problem. Our room did not include the buffet breakfast, so on that I cannot comment. However, we had two excellent meals at "Portini", the hotel's Italian restaurant, which is a beautiful space. In regard to one review about the room service tray not being collected, I had no problem. The hotel requests that you dial the "one touch" button on the phone to request tray pick up, and then it is promptly collected. The fitness center is small with two treadmills and other machines, but it has large windows overlooking the pool and condos next door, which provided a pleasant view. The hotel is not in the downtown business district, unlike many other hotels in Singapore. It is in a neighborhood with modern condos on one side of the street and HDB flats across the streets. I liked the fact that when I went out, I saw local residents out and about, waiting for the bus, etc. Also, it was a nice area in which to run. One shopping mall, "Great World City" was a 5 minute walk down the road. There is a famous nightclub, Zouk, next to the hotel. We had to walk about 15 minutes to get to a subway stop or Chinatown and 20 minutes through a nice residential neighborhood to get to Orchard Road shops. Cabs were readily available, except once when we needed one early Sunday morning. This is not a luxurious hotel like a Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons, but it also is priced much better than luxury hotels in Singapore. I gave it 5 stars because of all that it offers for the price. I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank travelady042
Wang_Colin, General Manager at Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2011

Dear Travelady042,

Thank you for taking time to provide us with your feedback. We are happy that you and your husband have enjoyed your stay with us. Indeed, Pontini, our fine-dining Italian restaurant, offers excellent authentic Italian cuisine. Helmed by our head chef, Domenico Piras, we are very proud of Pontini and the many wonderful compliments we’ve received. We provide complimentary shuttle buses to popular entertainment and shopping belts such as Orchard Road, Chinatown, Habourfront (Sentosa), Suntec City and Clarke Quay. For those heading to the Marina Bay Front, River Taxis are available by the Waterfront for a 45-minute River Cruise while you sit back and enjoy the sights along the historic Singapore River. Once again, thank you very much for your wonderful compliments which I will share with my team. We look forward to welcoming you and your husband back to the hotel in your next visit to Singapore.

Best Regards,