“Excellent Service”

Ranked #85 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

The hotel isn't the most high class hotel despite being a 5 star hotel. It isn't edgy or modern like how some 5 star hotels have done refurbishments or renovations. Despite all that and the shortcomings of the facilities, the service provided by Mr Peter Chua and his team at the Front Office Department made up for everything. Special credit goes to Ms Si Hui who had personally assisted me in every aspect during my stay at the hotel. People like this in the industry is hard to find anymore whereby they pay attention to detail and not treat you like just any other guest, Sir/Madam. To me personalisation matters when I stay at any hotel.

Also, the food in the hotel was great. One of the best rack of lambs I've had and breakfast on the 29th Floor was excellent. The service staffs on the 29th floor are great as well and I've only complements for them.

However, the wait staffs at the their F&B outlet needs further training. I was dining at Pontini's one evening (one of their supposedly better restaurants) and the desserts here were amazing. I have no complains regarding the food but they weren't my favourite dishes. That is just a personal preference. One complain I did have is that while entertaining my guest during dinner, it was very difficult to get the attention of the wait staff n one even said yes he will get back to me but he did not and just went on serving other tables. I guess I don't blame him because it was a busy evening but I would expect more from the hotel which wants to maintain a 5-star reputation.

Location of the hotel is brilliant as it was near the town but not smack in the middle of the orchard road jam. I had a conference at International Business Park and it took me only 15 mins daily per journey even during the peak hours so I was happy with that.

I love choosing one hotel and returning to it in any city I go to as you do get better service that way and Grand Copthorne Waterfront is definitely one of my options when I do return to Singapore. Hopefully, the wait staff will improve the next time I return.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Marcom_Manager_GCW, Manager at Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear JasonLau33,
Thank you for the taking the time and effort to write such a detailed review of our hotel. It was a pleasure to ensure that your stay here was every bit as enjoyable as possible. We take feedback very seriously and will forward your comments to Mr. Chua, Ms. Si Hui, Club Lounge staff and the wait staff at Pontini.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (569)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Stayed here in the month of May 2013. Good rooms, good location and good value for money. The morning buffet breakfast is very good. They offer a wide spread and the food is delicious. Wifi access is available for a price. It a good place for a short stay in Singapore. Doesn't completely drain your wallet!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Arvind0288,
Thank you for the review of our hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed our accommodation, location and buffet breakfast. Your comments on the WiFi has been noted.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed here for two nights in June 2014. Very friendly staff on reception. Good room on 11th floor with views of Singapore River and right down to the port. Comfortable furnishings and good bathroom. Lovely walks by the river with plenty of places to eat at nearby. Breakfast at the hotel was very good, wide choice ranging from Asian to European and all of good quality. Wifi wasn't free but you could get a code free from waiters which lasted for 3 hours. Think a hotel of this standard should be offering free wifi to guests in their rooms as part of the package. You can get a bus just round the corner (no 51 I think) for $S2 down to Chinapoint, Bugis St etc where there is plenty of shopping and eating places. Taxi to airport cost just under $S20 and we were always able to get a taxi at the door if we needed one.

Room Tip: Get a river view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear HJO2013,
Thank you for the comprehensive review of our hotel. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay here with us. Your feedback on the WiFi has been noted.
UK countryside
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed here for a couple of nights on business but if I'd had the choice, it would be somewhere else. Pool area is very poor and the whole hotel just looks a bit tired compared to others. Breakfast was extremely good and my room had a great view along the river, and I suppose nowhere was too far to talk if one is so inclined. Concierge service wasn't the best when it came to booking taxis, inasmuch as they didn't on either of the mornings we requested it. All a bit, well, average really

Room Tip: As for a riverview room
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear countrygirl123,
Thank you for the review of our hotel. We are sorry to hear that your stay with us was dissatisfactory.
We would like to invite you to write in to us at enquiry.gcw@millenniumhotels.com so that we can work together to restore your faith in us.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Good room, great breakfast buffet , pretty river side dining available.
Bus stop within a minutes walking & Shopping mall within 5 min walking distance.
The executive coffee room on the the top floor has a great view and some good spread.

Room Tip: Chose the one overlooking the river and on the higher floor .
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear PreetiBora30,
Thank you for the review of our hotel. It gladdens us to know that you enjoyed the accommodation, buffet breakfast and location of our hotel.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Hotel is quite old and the walls are not soundproof. I could actually hear my next door neighbour's lengthy shower session. There's no free wifi and the room is suprisingly empty. On the plus side, the location is unbeatable. There's a cold storage nearby so you can just grab what you need.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear reccakusanagi,
Thank you for the feedback on our hotel. We have taken note of your comments on the accommodation quality. We are constantly striving to provide a quality experience for our guests.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I cannot say enough about how good the staff were at this hotel.

We arrived in Singapore early in the morning after an overnight flight from Copenhagen. We were not due to check in until the afternoon. The staff were great finding us a similar room to the one we had booked that we could get into immediately.

It meant that we could get cleaned up and get a little rest before heading out into Singapore.

A short $4 water taxi ride put us in the centre of Singapore. All a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Travplane
Dear Travplane,
Thank you for the review of our hotel. We are glad to hear that your stay here with us was an enjoyable one.