“Like the room, like the location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of M Hotel Singapore

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
M Hotel Singapore
Ranked #86 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
“Like the room, like the location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

I personally was pretty happy with our 2 nights stay in this hotel. Room was spacious, which was seldom to find with that price in Singapore. Bathroom was okay; bathtub available, however, shower was quite petite for my husband.

Breakfast was okay, although the restaurant was very busy during that time.

What I liked the most was actually the location of the hotel. On the corner of CBD with wide pedestrians pathways, though taxis would charge extra $3 to get in/out of the area.

Overall, I'll definetely put high priority to check in to this hotel the next time I'll be in Singapore.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
MHotel_Marcom_Mgr, Manager at M Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear natsuryawidi,

Thank you for taking time to feedback. Your feedbacks are appreciated and we will continue to strive to provide all guests the best possible experience.
We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

This M hotel has small bathroom with shower screen door that allows water to splash out easily due to gaps horizontally to the base and height of the screen. The swimming pool is small, gym is ok. However, staff service was not up to our standard. We did gym workout after hours and spent some time looking out of the window at the lift lobby and was approached by security who informed us that we are tracked by the cctv. How obnoxious he is to hotel guests when nothing has been vandalised nor have we done anything inappropriate.

My previous experience with Royal Plaza at Scotts was far better. For the same price to pay, this hotel has newer facilities, bigger bathroom, much more polite staff than M hotel. Give this hotel a miss! We wanted to cancel our stay here on our first night but there is no refund unfortunately.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear TravelSmug,

Thank you for taking time to review. As a valued guest, your feedback is important to us as we continue to strive to provide our guests the best possible experience.
Thank you for your comments as they are of great assistance in highlighting points of concern from our valued guests.

We regret that we did not fully meet your expectations during your stay with us but have taken corrective measures to improve our service.
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Nice hotel close to the downtown business area. Only a short walk to the MRT or to Boat Quay, Fullerton Road, the Merlion etc.
Clean and well designed rooms with all you need for your stay.
Restaurant with a nice buffet for both lunch and dinner. Only problem is that there rules a lot of chaos among the waiters and seemed they could not handle the amount of people especially for breakfast, where I did not manage to get a table knife and a cup of coffee.

Room Tip: Gat a high floor room towards the harbour. fanatstic view.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Hedala,

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Having stayed in Singapore a number of times in rooms resembling something only slightly larger than a shoebox (as tends to be the norm), I was actually shocked to find myself in a room big enough to lay my suitcase not only out on the floor, but also open it, and still be able to walk around it as much as I wanted.

Seriously, the room was very spacious - and like with many in Singapore - extremely clean on arrival. Reception likewise was very good and understanding, and the location, just to one side of the city centre is more or less spot-on - and a few minutes walk to the MRT station (although you will get drenched if one of Singapore's daily rains are coming down - it's not that close). We had room services - both lunch and breakfast, see picture attached - and it was quite nice.

Having got all the pleasantries out of the way, I did feel somewhat cheated by the breakfast card though which said it would come with Bacon, Ham and Chicken Sausage - and somehow, only after eating the rest of it, I realised came with none of those in my case. I expect the hotel will write informing me that I had to circle them on the menu card, but this is not clear at all both in terms of where the writing is right under the name of the breakfast and also the wording which suggests it's just included. I really was disappointed (afterwards) with that considering the price and would have expected truly good service would've been to offer when it was brought up whether I had meant to miss that section or not (because what 'American' breakfast consists of two eggs and some salad?!).

Likewise, and more distressingly, a quite rude woman turned up religiously to our door (regardless of our state of dress) at 10am both mornings - even the morning we were checking-out and trying to pack - uttered a few words about the minibar and then just walked in and checked it. It sounds petty, but on a morning you're checking out (and the previous day the room still had to be cleaned), I do not understand the need for this at all. The woman literally barged in - even when I told her we were leaving in 40 minutes, so any chance of a leisurely wake up or shower would be destroyed should you happen to go slightly over 10am. (Before the hotel responds, I also want to just clarify - no, she refused point blank to go away and come back later both times)

Would I stay again? Yes, absolutely and I liked the place overall - but it would be down to the reception, cleanliness, the wonderful pool and the size of the hotel room and views. For me, the room service in terms of food and delivery, this bizarre minibar situation and the room cleaning (which consisted of putting our duvet back the right way, but nothing more) were huge let-downs very unbecoming of the type of hotel this otherwise is.

Room Tip: One side faces the city, the other faces the port/harbour area - which you may prefer though as at t...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear YouLoveThatsh,

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights on an umplanned vacation. Centrally located and easy access to everywhere. Drove a car and the free parking was a plus point. Close to VIVO City Mall and armed with GPS I was ready to explore the Lion City. Singapore is a city constantly under construction so be prepared to experience traffics here and there but not too bad at all. Room was well organised and clean. Aircond was very cold that I turned off the whole time. However, they probably has central aircond which gave perfect and nice set of aircond temp. Overall a decent stay.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear jazzmate,

Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

i stayed for 3 night there and the hotel upgraded me to the club room which is on the 28th floor with harbour view

pros:
- nice design and large room
- very near to Mcdonalds and 711 and guardian
- walking distance to mrt tj pagar
- the area is not far from harbourfront (if you want to go to sentosa) and marina area

cons;
- the breakfast has little variety, in the other day they only change up a bit (today chicken wing, tomorrow onion ring)
- it gets really quiet during the weekend evening since it's a business district
- the reception area needs to change up a bit to accomodate guests queue
- no doorman in the lobby facing the anson road, taxi usually stopped here and we need to carry our own things and opening up the door by ourselves

overall i am satistfied with my stay there and might come back again

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank bloodybyth
Dear bloodybyth,

Faridabad, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I went to Singapore for vacation with my family and stayed at M Hotel. Rooms were very clean and spacious, bigger in size than other hotels in that range. Lobby is always full with guests which I found really good as I made few friends in the lobby area only.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MHotel_Marcom_Mgr, Manager at M Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear ankitmittal1991,

Thank you for your positive review on your recent stay with us at M Hotel Singapore.

We are glad you enjoyed your accommodation and liked the hotel’s locale and friendly service accorded by our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.