2,000 results
All reviews business hotel anson road m club business district tanjong pagar business trip cbd area mrt station check in process deluxe room concierge staff hotel is located special thanks checking in duty manager upon check pleasant stay
Reviewed 4 October 2015

We went on our first 2-day-1-night staycation over his birthday weekend at M Hotel Singapore.

Located amidst the skycrappers in the Central Business district (CBD) in Tanjong Pagar, expects nothing like the CBD ‒ busy traffic and crowds, M Hotel Singapore relatively quiet even on weekdays. The nearest MRT station, Tanjong Pagar, is just a 5-minute walk down the road. With Tanjong Pagar being known for its array of restaurants, bars and cafes, great food are conveniently near the hotel. Certainly a plus point! Quiet environment, ✓ checked. Good food, ✓ checked. Public transport, ✓ checked. Complimentary car parking for hotel guests, ✓ checked. Now give me a reason to not give it a full mark for the location.

By any chance, if the lazy bug attacks and too lazy get out of the hotel for the hungry tummy, be spoiled by the choices available within the hotel building ‒ (1) all day dining Cafe 2000 located on ground floor, (2) international lunch and steamboat dinner at The Buffet, (3) Japananese restaurant Hokkaido, (4) Tea Bar famous for its chicken pies and (5) end the night with live entertainment at the newly renovated J Bar, a whisky bar located on level 9, with a sea view.

Check-in time is 2.00PM and checkout is at 12.00PM. We arrived an hour later after our brunch so there isn't any queue at the check-in counter.

I am a strong advocate of eco-friendly practices in businesses for sustainability and M Hotel Singapore is inline with this ideology. Their initiatives in-placed towards a more environment-friendly building are recognised by the Building & Construction Authority (BCA) Green Mark and rewarded with a BCA Gold Plus Award this year, an improvement from a Gold Award last year. Every little efforts count. The hotel management truly understands that and make careful selection of everything. From as small as the use of energy-saving LED lighting in every room and water-saving taps & shower to bigger choice as such the colour of the external walls ‒ ermine white colour keeps the building cool and reduces energy consumption ‒ even for the choice of corridor carpets are Green Label certified to reduce environmental damage. Other recognition include recipient as the Singapore Green Hotel 2015 by Singapore Hotel Association.

Up on level 11 is the swimming pool, jacuzzi, gym and a spa. No reasons to be hiding in your room the whole time. Other facilities of the hotel include five floors of event spaces for corporate and social functions, serviced office suites and business centre at level 8. It is a business hotel after all.

Evening refreshment (or what I called the pre-dinner snacks) at the M Club Lounge on level 28, available daily from 6.00PM to 8.00PM. International buffet breakfast at M Club lounge on the Club Floor at level 28. They have quite a variety of choice to choose from. I was especially happy with my muesli and croissant. Oh! Not forgetting the egg omelette! If you prefer the local style kind of breakfast (i.e. fried bee hoon, laksa etc), I was told that it's available at Cafe 2000.

All in all, we truly enjoyed our stay!

Date of stay: August 2015
MHotel_Marcom_Mgr, Manager at M Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2015

Dear 60 yearsjourney,

Thank you for your review.

It’s a great pleasure to know about your wonderful experience while staying with us, especially on the overall guest experience. We are humbled by your good feedback and will continually endeavour for higher hospitality standards.

We hope to be your preferred hotel and look forward to having you back for another enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 30 September 2015

I stayed at the M Hotel for two nights on a recent business trip. It was perfect for my purposes. I was upgraded to a club room because they were fully booked. The room was very nice and the bathroom was brand new looking and immaculate. The included buffet breakfast was good but very crowded. The reception desk staff were quite cold and did not even smile or make eye contact once during my check-in /check-out. I would not recommend staying at this hotel if you are coming to Singapore for a holiday because the atmosphere is much more catered around business people. However, if you are on business, especially in the financial district, this hotel would be a great choice.

1  Thank Al D

Dear Al D,

Thank you for taking time to feedback.

Your feedback is appreciated and we will continue to strive to provide all guests the best possible experience. We are happy to be serving business travellers like yourself on weekdays and leisure travellers on weekends.

Reviewed 29 September 2015

M Hotel in Chinatown, Singapore is actually located in the Tanjong Pagar area rather than Chinatown. It is affordably priced, conveniently located near the CBD, with the Tanjong Pagar MRT nearby and many good eateries in the Tanjong Pagar area. Hotel is clean, with good service.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear soocheesiong,

Thank you for taking time to feedback and for sharing about the various places where our guests can go for lunch or dinner.

Your feedback is appreciated and we will continue to strive to provide all guests the best possible experience. We are glad that you enjoy your stay and find our rate reasonable.

Reviewed 29 September 2015 via mobile

Me and my partner had a great stay thanks to one of the Concierge Assistant Manager, Shakir who had been a great assistance to us and he is able to deliver excellent service that many couldn't these days. Me and my partner frequently book staycation in Singapore hotels and honestly most of the services is not to our expected standard. When we checked in my partner have already stated in remarks that it is my birthday and would appreciate if any special arrangements can be made. We request for a late check out and they are unable to provide and inform that it will be chargeable. The next day lift under maintenance and the queue is very long and my feet is actually in pain I couldn't stand very long. We approached Mr. Shakir to ask for alternatives to go to the carpark, with a friendly smile and without delay he brought us to a better way to the car park. My partner again ask if there any special treats for birthday in the hotel. When we returned we received cakes and gift card and he got us a later check out. He is very friendly, efficient and reliable. He made us feel so much happier with his friendly and competent service. I believe he deserve to be praised. You are very lucky and it's wonderful to have more service like how Mr. Shakir able to deliver. Thank you for the great stay.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Zay R,

Thank you for taking time to feedback.

Your feedback is appreciated and we will continue to strive to provide all guests the best possible experience. We noted the positive feedback our Mr Shakir and will definitely present this review to our management.

Reviewed 28 September 2015 via mobile

We stayed here for a one night stopover in Singapore and this hotel was well suited to that. The room was slightly small but clean and well presented. I don't have any particular issue with a small room if it has what I need, which this one did.

We were upgraded to a 'club' room, which was nice, but I'm not sure what this really meant. It might have meant we got a slightly higher floor, but our view faced away from the Bay, so we got a view of other close buildings. Nice enough, but the views out over the Bay on the other side were much nicer.

The service at reception and at the concierge was professional and very helpful. The breakfast in the cafe on ground floor was satisfactory.

The hotel is in a quiet part of the city, particularly one asunder, when we went out to explore the area. Chinatown is in walking distance, but not much else. However, the MRT is close enough, and it will get you anywhere you need to go.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear JeremyFarquhar

Thank you for taking time to feedback.

Your feedback is appreciated and we will continue to strive to provide all guests the best possible experience. It’s a great pleasure to know about your wonderful experience while staying with us, especially on the overall guest experience.