“I would stay in this hotel again but not as a club guest”

Sheraton Towers Singapore
Ranked #66 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
perth
“I would stay in this hotel again but not as a club guest”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I had a club room on the top floor looking down on the pool and what is different in Singapore a view of greenery and not high rises. The room , lounge, location and service was of a high quality and really could not be faulted. My last two visits to Singapore I had stayed at the Inter Continental and Shangri la and I would rate this hotel equally but with one major deficiency. Despite advertising express check in/out for club guests they do not provide this, where as the other hotels have check in and out in the lounge. This was a major annoyance to us as we arrived at the same time as a very large tour group and check in was not an enjoyable experience. As you pay extra for these privileges they should be provided.

1 Thank stonhaus
SheratonTwsSpore, Director of Rooms at Sheraton Towers Singapore, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear stonhaus,

Thank you for your kind review of Sheraton Towers Singapore. While we are pleased that you have found our room, lounge, location and service to be up to your expectation, we regret to hear that your check-in experience was not ideal. We have passed your comments on to the respective departments for review and improvement. Thank you once again for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back for a more fulfilling experience.

Director of Rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I used to stay about 200 to 250 nights a year in hotels all over the world. Thank God I don't have to do that anymore. But I can tell you of any hotel anywhere in the world and this was the best one. The stand out for me in my mind that I remember the most was the food available in the restaurants from the free breakfast of the most incredible spread of anything and everything you can imagine under the Sun the quality was first rate! The decor was beautiful gardens at waterfalls tropical areas I had fish ponds the rooms are large the beds were also comfortable. The rooms came with free butler service were they would pressure shirts do your laundry every day bring you whatever you needed me to bring you food and snacks at all hours of the day service was incredible! I hope to never go back to Singapore again because of the long flight but if I had to this is where I would stay.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank mike b
Dear mike b,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are humbled by your generous compliments on your stay with us. We are delighted to learn that you had a great dining experience at our restaurants and have also found the rooms and butler service to be up to your expectation. It was a pleasure hosting you and we hope to be of service to you again when you return to Singapore!

Riyadh
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Stayed here for five nights. The service from the staff was perfect and the condition of the rooms were perfect as well. The lounge staff will do anything to make your stay better.

The location is just perfect, walking distance to Orchard and Newton Station. Definitely will be back if returned to the city.

I think I was lucky to fall under the Assistant Front Desk Manager hands at check in, he made our stay.

Room Tip: If first time in Singapore, then this is the place to go.
1 Thank Omair83
Dear Omair83,

It was a pleasure reading your review! We are pleased to hear that the team, in particularly our Assistant Front Desk Manager, was integral in making your stay a wonderful one. We truly appreciate your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Warm regards,
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The Concierge service at Sheraton Towers was fantastic, specifically Ekin Ong was so helpful, he made all our tour arrangements and was very pleasant to deal with. I would highly recommend him and the great service he provided.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Macsplace
SheratonTwsSpore, Director of Rooms at Sheraton Towers Singapore, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Macsplace,

Thank you for your generous review and compliments towards our concierge service. It is heartening to learn that the team, in particularly Ekin Ong, was integral in making your stay a pleasant one. We will definitely pass your kind words on to Ekin, whom I am certain will be overjoyed to hear that his service has met your expectation. We look forward to be of service to you again.

Warm regards,
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I Stayed for 2 days during my visit to Singapore...being SPG member i tired to experience as I am more of IHG group lover. The stay was good the room was clean and nice ..with a pool view and less noise (which i had requested.) Also had a great time enjoying the in room dining which is prompt . I enjoyed my Narsi Gorang. a typical food of south east Asia. Over all Singapore itself is an expensive city rate of hotels are higher than other parts of South east Asia but was worth an experience.

Room Tip: Well if u ok to she 250 -300 usd and above then one of the best place to stay
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank GurpreetJSingh
SheratonTwsSpore, Director of Rooms at Sheraton Towers Singapore, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear GurpreetJSingh,

Thank you for your kind words. It is a delight to learn that the allocated room as well as our in-room dining service was up to your expectation. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back when you visit Singapore again!

Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The hotel is a well priced SPG hotel in Singapore having paid moire for less elsewhere its good value here. As a platinum member I look forward to a nice upgrade, but here it is the same room on a higher floor, no real upgrade which is a bit dissapointing.
I got stuck in the lift and had to man handle the doors to unjam the lift, stuck for 10 minutes a bit of a drama with my wife on the other side, but absolutley no recognition or apology from the hotel which was surpirsing as in 25 years in hotels I have never had this problem so you have to ask the question if this place is starting to show its age and past its use by date? No way to contact the manager he is not available....
Buffet lunch on a Sunday is excellent, the lobby bar is relaxing old school live music at night and very nice older gentlemen managing the front door in their safari hats which is nice.
Hotel is next dor to MRT so easy to get anywhere wuick and cheap, walking distance to Orchard road and across the road from Newton night hawker market famous for its local fod flavour.
I keep coming back each weekend so it cant be too bad :-)

Room Tip: I have only ever had rooms facing the pol and they are nice and quiet with nice view of the old blac...
1 Thank Craig G
SheratonTwsSpore, Director of Rooms at Sheraton Towers Singapore, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Craig G

Thank you for sharing your review. We are glad that you have found good value in booking your stay with us. It is heartening to learn that you enjoyed your time at our restaurants as well as the Newton Food Centre which is in close proximity. We are also pleased to learn that you like the Safari outfit on our doormen, which has received many compliments from our guests over the years.

On the other hand, it is regrettable to learn of the encounter in the lift. Please accept our sincere apologies for the experience which we have raised to the concerned departments for their review. Rest assured that we value your status as an SPG Platinum member and we will try our best to accord the best available room upgrade upon check-in. Thank you for your loyal patronage and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Best Regards,
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Our second stay at this hotel. Efficient, friendly, in an ideal location, if you don't need to be in walking distance to the CBD and its nearby tourist areas. If you are happy to use the great Singapore MRT, nowhere is a problem. Would be happy to stay there again. Not top-drawer, but very good. Great breakfast :-)

1 Thank KiwiKev2013
Dear KiwiKev2013,

It was a delight reading your review! We are pleased that you enjoyed the breakfast and found the services rendered by our associates as well as the locality of the hotel to be ideal. Thank you for staying with us again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.