“An outstanding experience”

Ranked #5 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Mendham Township, New Jersey
“An outstanding experience”
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Just checking out after 5 fantatsic days rounding off a perfect family vacation. Zoltan (reception manager) and the team did a great job from the moment we arrived to departure. A fabulous suite on arrival with extra beds in palce for the kids (7 and 10 yr old daughters). Location is excellent! Transporatation no issue. ION shopping mall and other shops very close with a link through to Orchard road via connection with adjacent Hilton. Family pool on roof top is great! Fitness suite and spa not to be missed.Great location to expolore this wonderful city state.We will be back!

Room Tip: Corner suite the best
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
AustinWatkins, Director of Marketing at Four Seasons Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Dear Naruto7860,

I am happy to hear that you had a fantastic stay with us!

Zoltan and his team will be most thrilled to hear of your compliments and we look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Singapore.

Yours Sincerely,

Director of Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Washingtoin DC
Reviewed 3 July 2013

This maintains the expected standard. Extremely high service. Everyone knows your name when you check in and need anything. Good location. Easy walk to the botanical gardens and cab ride to other locations. a very good stop on your trip through the far east.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
AustinWatkins, Director of Marketing at Four Seasons Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Dear stumack,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay experience with us here on TripAdvisor.

Should your travels bring you back this way, we look forward to welcoming you home to your residence along Orchard Boulevard!

Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
Reviewed 27 June 2013

On the one hand, there is this discreet refined luxury and attentive, unobtrusive service throughout consistent with the brand. The corner room I got was bright and spacious with fine views; and the gym and spa facilities were well equipped spread over two levels. There is also a "Living Room" off the Lobby, as a place for informal meetings or work. The preponderance of art pieces throughout the public spaces makes this Hotel stand out

However what detracted from my stay were the following:the absence of free wifi in any of the public areas, and more importantly the poor and erratic connectivity especially in the rooms; the underwhelming ground floor entrance; the dark somber interiors; and the fringe location making it less convenient than many other hotels.
One other complaint was that the airconditioning/ventilation could be improved, in any case for the room I stayed in
Given the alternatives available, I'm not sure I'll return

Room Tip: choose a corner room
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Rizwan_Shaikh, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, 30 June 2013
Dear Sodesa,

Thank you for having taken the time to pen down your recent experience and especially complimenting the service provided by our employees.

Your comments on the hotel's interior are much appreciated and as I write, I'm pleased to inform you of upcoming plans to update the look of the driveway, hotel entrance, the Living Room and the reception area. To date, a few projects that have been completed include both a new coat of paint and new hotel signage on the facade.

I am dismayed to hear about your Wifi concerns and kindly request your email address for me to address them adequately. I can be reached at rizwan.shaikh@fourseasons.com and look forward to your email soon.

The hallmark of continuous product and service excellence is guest feedback. It is my sincere hope that our genuine effort to strengthen our product and service standards will see you make our hotel your accommodation of choice again.

Rizwan Shaikh
Hotel Manager
HONG KONG
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I used to book in the Four Seasons in Singapore for almost 15 years. I will not come back. This time I booked a "week end"" special offer ( of course most of visitors are business people booking during the week only) in excess of 500 SGD per night for an upscale room. Very big room indeed but nothing special otherwise with a small window with a view on the city. In the week end offer no Wifi included. You have to add 50 SGD to have it for the two days of the week end. ( when are deluxe hotels like 4S going to understand that we dont expect to pay for the internet when we leave more than 1,400 SGD for two days on their desk? In which world are they Living?) No Breakfast included too, 97 SGD for two per day for a reasonable but not particularly great buffet to be added on the top of the bill!
For the Wifi I complained and the Hotel Manager came and offered the internet for free for the week end. Thank you! Except that we I came for checking out the 50 SGD were on the bill. It was promptly retired by the officer in charge who could not stop repeating 2 or 3 times "ok but I will check later...." Who does the Four Seasons employees think of their clients? That they are liars? That after forking out almost 1,500 SGD we dont have enough to pay another 50 for connecting to the internet? On Friday night I booked a cab for 7 30. Arriving at the entrance nobody seems to be aware and we wait almost 10 minutes for our cab.... why dont they book when required to book? Mistery!
For the rest very quiet and clean hotel as usual ( it is very important) but this is not enough for a 5 stars and for the price. I am going to try another hotel next time I am in Singapore!

Room Tip: any room will go. no need to upgrade
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Rizwan_Shaikh, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Dear HongKongPatrick,

I read the experience of your stay with deep regret, especially when you have made our hotel your accommodation of choice in the past 15 years.

In spite of this, the shortfall in service you have highlighted is appreciated. This will serve to reinforce the service benchmarks our guests expect of us.

I have taken the liberty of corresponding with you by email to address your disappointment. I hope our sincere commitment to restore your faith in us will make us your hotel of choice again.

We look forward to another opportunity of welcoming you back.

Rizwan Shaikh
Hotel Manager
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 19 June 2013 via mobile

I got to stay at the Four Seasons Singapore while there on business last week. It is a beautiful hotel with a wonderful atmosphere and great service. My room was lovely. The staff was fantastic even by the very high Four Seasons standards-- friendly, warm and helpful. I had lunch at the restaurant in the lobby and it was really nice and the food was excellent. The hotel is a bit of an oasis in a bustling city. I will definitely stay here again on my next visit to Singapore. I wished I had a chance to stay longer-- I didn't want to leave.

Stayed June 2013
AustinWatkins, Director of Marketing at Four Seasons Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, 21 June 2013
Dear Jerry C,

Thank you for a very complimentary note of your visit and likewise, we wish you could have stayed longer with us!

The service attributes you have mentioned will serve to reinforce the consistent delivery of our core standards, so thank you for having taken the time to highlight them.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your residence on Orchard Boulevard on your return visit to Singapore.

Viet Nam
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I stayed Four Seasons Hotel and Resort Singapore for 8 nites with family and would say excellent service makes the hotel oustanding.

From house keeping (Thank you, Mrs. Tien Sing, for your attentive care to my family during our stay in FS) in-room dining to club service, staffs are very professional, willing to help.

We enjoyed the room, tennis courts and great location of the hotel. Nice and quiet up-hill surroundings though just a short stroll to shopping areas. There's also a jogging path outside the hotel up to Botanic Garden.

Not so impressed with the Chinese restaurant on 2nd fl. We liked room service and One-Ninety much more.

Room Tip: Premier room is at the corner opening to city view, you can look up to Marina Bay Sands from high fl...
Dear Hang T,

Thank you for a most outstanding review of your stay and for having singled out our Housekeeping employee Mrs. Tien Sing. The pride and joy she and our Housekeeping colleagues have in their role play such an important part in ensuring a guest's experience is bar none.

We are always on the lookout for areas of improvement and appreciate your feedback on our Cantonese restaurant Jiang-Nan Chun. If there are specific touch points in which we have disappointed you, do let us know.

Nanjing County, China
Reviewed 18 June 2013

took the family to Singapore for a weekend, the hotel was exceptional. They prepared a personalized snacks for the kids on Sunday and the room and the sunday brunch is to die for. What made the stay even more memorable was my son's teddy bear was some how wrapped up among the linens during the routine clean up, and the hotel actually found it.

Special thanks to Zoltan and Karen for all their efforts making this stay so memorable.

Dear achang2369,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your stay with us, and particularly, in highlighting the efforts of Zoltan and Karen. They will be delighted to know of your commendation.

Travelling with children is an experience we like to make more fun and easier on the parents. It brings us great pleasure to pamper the young ones with little touches such as personalised amenities for them.

Should your travels bring you here again, we look forward to another opportunity to welcoming you back!