“A typical Four Seasons experience - very little left to chance”

Four Seasons Hotel Singapore
Ranked #2 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We've only recently stayed one night on our way back to Australia from Vietnam but had a fairly typical Four Seasons experience - detail, detail, detail. Staff exceptional. I can't comment on the pool or fitness area, which normally we would use. But our room was large and spacious, the location difficult to beat (first stop: Ion) and our meal at the in-house Chinese restaurant - chosen out of convenience because of the lateness of our arrival - far exceeded expectations (particularly the duck). Breakfast was outstanding with its local food selections.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mark W
Write a ReviewReviews (2,011)

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I've stayed at other Four Seasons properties before but I must say that The Four Seasons in Singapore has the best service.

We arrived before our room was ready and I had to prepare for a meeting. The Filipina lady at the front desk was nice enough to arrange for me to freshen up at the Spa. They even had someone come up to iron the dress I was going to use.

The person that impressed me the most was this woman from housekeeping who was in charge of the pressing. She was so knowledgeable about fabrics and how to care for them. I could tell she took a lot of pride in her job.

The property itself is not so new, but it nevertheless it's still aging gracefully. The elevator takes a while to get you up and down between floors. for instance.

It was a pleasurable stay all-in-all.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank M V
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

i enjoyed the hotel a lot
it takes about 30 mins from the airport by taxi
room was good but it looks antic a bit
the breakfast was not so the best

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The service at this hotel is excellent. Staff are friendly but not servile and we were recognised and acknowledged at all times.

The location suited us and the only fault we could find was that the Hotel has aged a bit when compared to some of it's competitors. It was however well appointed with all we could desire.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The Four Seasons Singapore fails to live up to it's globally renowned brand name. Although the rooms are uber luxurious and comfortable, the fitness area is far from five star while the pool is non descript and tiny and fails to warrant a comment. What needs a prompt change are the bathroom accessories which are packed in rainbow coloured tubes an absolute misfit for a business hotel of such repute. Imagine your bath soap packed in a bright green wrap. I almost expected to see some candy pop out when I opened it. The service however is very good but for the price you pay, this is not unexpected.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
AustinWSingapore, Director of Marketing at Four Seasons Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear SajMit,

Thank you for posting your candid comments here on TripAdvisor. While we are disappointed to learn about your experience, we appreciate the sincerity with which they were shared.

I am aware that our Executive Office has reached out to you in an attempt to learn more about your comments but I also wanted to take this opportunity to share some feedback. The new bathroom amenities are a collection by Etro, an Italian luxury goods company that have been met with positive response by many, however we continue to offer L 'Occitane for our guests who prefer this product line. We are also in the midst of a multi million dollar enhancement to our 20th floor pool and our third floor pool which will be finished in the next 60 days. This is a part of our annual investment to ensure our products and services remain world class. Stay tuned for soon to be announced plans for many other parts of our facility!

Should you wish to connect at anytime, I can be reached directly at austin.watkins@fourseasons.com.

Yours Sincerely,

Austin Watkins
Director of Marketing
+65 6831 7100

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Incredibly service from the hotel staff - I felt like a VIP. The hotel is incredibly beautiful and classy without being stuffy. The food was amazing and my room was heavenly. I've decided it is the only place I will stay when I'm in Singapore. It really is a class above anywhere else I've stayed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed for two nights when visiting my sis in SG.

Checked in is fast. We asked for quite room when book through Agoda and the placed us is a corner room, which is great.

Room is spacious. My wife particularly love the bathroom, which is very well designed. Bed is very comfortable.

What I like most is the evening housekeeping. Apart from the usual bedtime setting, you are provided with CD and book "Guide to deep sleep".

Location wise, it's great. It's connected to Hilton where you can passed through and you are at Orchard Road! Shop shop shop shop ! Hard Rock Cafe is just few minutes walk away.

Buffet breakfast is good and varieties from local and international. They even serve honeycomb! How natural can you get for honey!

A complaint is that the morning paper was removed from my room by housekeeping when I went down for breakfast, before I have chance to read it! Second day, they don't even deliver it, even I place the card at the door for it.

Overall, it's a recommended stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple