“Amazing Service!”

Four Seasons Hotel Singapore
Ranked #2 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Before arriving at this hotel I had read a few comments on trip advisor that the hotel was dated and not really up to the standards of it's competitors. I really have to disagree and say we had a fantastic experience at the Four Seasons Singapore! I had booked 2 x twin beds thinking this meant 2 double beds but the reception staff explained this means 2 single beds. I have 2 children and my husband is quite tall so I explained that there was no way just rolling an additional bed into the room would work. Without question I was upgraded to an executive suite with a king bed and rollaways for the kids. The kids received special robes, a special welcome note with lollies and cakes plus their very own toothbrushes. We went to the pool for a short swim and were greeted with complimentary juice, water and cookies. I think this hotel lives up to the famous Four Seasons name that delivers the best service without question. We stayed at the W Sentosa on the way and although the Four Seasons isn't as "modern", it oozes class and sophistication, with service that I believe cannot be beaten - we will definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Lee E
Write a ReviewReviews (2,011)

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I am sorry that I have no place to share with you my most enjoyable meals in singapore via tripadvisor formal channel, I use this review of hotel inappropriately.

As I have tried Summer Parvilion of Ritz Carlton Hotel in my previous visit, this time, on the recommendation of the hotel, I tried Jiang Nan Chun Restaurant. Before my visit, I have reservation because I did not prepare to spend a lot of money on our dinner. However, the chinese review of this restaurant sounded worth a try, then we decided to go.

The female receptonist was very nice initially, however, after she could not convince us to try the set dinner, she simply walked away. After we decided what to order, I asked for somebody to take my order, I glimpsed the female staff asked Gavin to take our order. I thought Gavin might be not so willing to serve us. Instead, to my surprise, he is extremely professional with supreme customer service mind. He nicely took our order, asked us whether we had any preference to have which dish first. He later asked our views on the dishes. When he learnt we had some views on the barbecue pork, he offered to ask the chef to have a more slim one. We refused so as not to cause extra trouble as we had started to finish two to three pieces. I asked his name and I really wanted the management to know how Gavin won our high appreciation of his service. To our even more surprise, when Mr NG Chong-kim, the restaurant manager learnt our views on the barbecuse pork, he sincerely offered us a free desert which as he said, cleared very effectively the feeling of having too much fats. The friendly atmosphere and the tasty crafty cooked food made this dinner the most memorable dinner I had so far in Singapore. By the way, the price was not so expensive as we thought before but the quality of the food and the service really undervalued. If a restaurant reflect the service quality of the hotel, I really think this hotel is caring with genuine concern, at least most of the staff are.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel has very nice rooms and bathrooms plus L'occitane products . We had children with us and special bathrobes were provided for them and also a platter of goodies for each child on arrival plus no tears shampoo etc .... This means alot when travelling with kids and is greatly appreciated.
Location is great just above the hustle and bustle
The swimming pool was not huge but enough and there is a spa too , i must say the pool ladies are fantastic . My only complaint would be that there is no shelter from sudden rain , which happensdaily , so I think that should be addressed
I will be returning

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Clare O
Reviewed 9 July 2014

What always amazes me in Four season Singapore is the intuitiveness of the staff regarding the needs of their guest. They anticipate and therefore they gave a sense of relief or an assurance that everything is taken care of . My sister and I stayed here seven years ago and during that time and now, we had experimented with trendy accommodation in Singapore and our conversation always goes back how we are well taken cared of during our stay here.
I would say that this hotel has one of the best well trained staff .Furthermore, my appreciation also goes to the staff of the Chinese restaurant during a weekend brunch buffet , they really make us very comfortable and the lunch enjoyable and worthy of sibling anecdotal party conversations.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Apothecary84
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We've only recently stayed one night on our way back to Australia from Vietnam but had a fairly typical Four Seasons experience - detail, detail, detail. Staff exceptional. I can't comment on the pool or fitness area, which normally we would use. But our room was large and spacious, the location difficult to beat (first stop: Ion) and our meal at the in-house Chinese restaurant - chosen out of convenience because of the lateness of our arrival - far exceeded expectations (particularly the duck). Breakfast was outstanding with its local food selections.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mark W
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I've stayed at other Four Seasons properties before but I must say that The Four Seasons in Singapore has the best service.

We arrived before our room was ready and I had to prepare for a meeting. The Filipina lady at the front desk was nice enough to arrange for me to freshen up at the Spa. They even had someone come up to iron the dress I was going to use.

The person that impressed me the most was this woman from housekeeping who was in charge of the pressing. She was so knowledgeable about fabrics and how to care for them. I could tell she took a lot of pride in her job.

The property itself is not so new, but it nevertheless it's still aging gracefully. The elevator takes a while to get you up and down between floors. for instance.

It was a pleasurable stay all-in-all.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank M V
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

i enjoyed the hotel a lot
it takes about 30 mins from the airport by taxi
room was good but it looks antic a bit
the breakfast was not so the best

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business