9 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
Orbitz.com
Travelocity
eDreams
6,962 results
All reviews garden wing horizon club summit room waterfall restaurant orchard road shang palace lobby lounge pool view our honeymoon high tea fabulous hotel deluxe room long flight late check buds canapes staycation
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Bing a smoker married to a non smoker, I always try to book a hotel room with a balcony when we travel. I have stayed in a few 5 star hotels in Singapore that have a "balcony" (not many hotels in Singapore do, due to the heat, I think) and the Shangri-La has by far the best private balcony with a fantastic view of the tropical pool area. I have decided to stop trying to find another great private balcony and will now only stay at the Shangri-La, Garden Wing when in Singapore.
The gym is also one of the best we have experienced in a hotel.
The Garden Wing has its own reception area so checking in and out is quick and easy.
The only slight drawback of the hotel being off Orchard Road is that taxi's are not always easy to get. If you need to be somewhere at a certain time, it is advisable to book a taxi in advance. Although an extra fee is charged to book a taxi, taxi fares in Singapore are extremely reasonable.

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank THERESA2712
Reviewed 4 September 2011

My husband,son and I just returned from 4 nights in the horizon suite at Shangri-la. We found it to be really luxurious, especially our" Huge" suite which easily accommodated all three of us. The bathroom too is enormous and very well stocked with toiletries and towels. We enjoyed our breakfasts at the line hotel ,and my husband used the horizon facilities as he was there to have business meetings. Overall the staff was obliging and helpful especially in the restaurant...........We would definately stay here again when in Singapore

Date of stay: September 2011
2  Thank Judy20652
Reviewed 4 September 2011

I may be a bit biased as I am a fan of Shagri-la hotels but this hotel it really nice. Amazing service, incredible comfort, great pools, superb restaurants and bars and great location. I have quite high expectations but everything was just perfect at the Singapore Shangri-la.

Date of stay: October 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank bourets
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Just returned from a short trip to Singapore. We were recommended the Shangri-La by many friends. The service at this place is the best we have received. You are meeted on arrival at the hotel and taken straight to your room to check in, all the staff new our names for the entire visit...how do they do that?

We had two interconnecting rooms in the Tower Wing, as part of the Horizon Club. The Horizon Club was good for us, because I could just take the kids upstairs when they felt like a snack!

The pool was lovely, a real resort pool at a city hotel. There was a big complimentary fruit basket available too which was a lovely touch. We had lunch by the pool one day: pizza and salad and this was great.

The rooms were very clean, and nicely decorated. The children liked the "day of the week" carpet in the lift! It was my husbands birthday while we were there and so we also appreciated the complimentary birthday cakes.

On his birthday night we had dinner at The Line restaurant which was a fantastic buffet. Everyone enjoyed it, especially the children! It was very busy in the restaurant but the service, again, was excellent. They went out of there way to make us comfortable and were very nice to the children, especially my daughter who spilt her drink and was very upset at having caused a mess.

My husband and I both used the gym, it is the best hotel gym I have ever seen.

Be warned though, the best are quite "firm". OK for me, but my mother in law found it too hard.

Whilst the hotel is a bit dated, the service from the wonderful staff more than made up for this. Would recommend the Shangri-La and would stay again.

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank domesticgodess007
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Stayed three nights - the hotel was luxurious and the room spacious and comfortable. The location was fantastic. Comfortable, clean rooms with most powerful showers of any hotel i have ever stayed in. Free wifi in room is excellent. All thanx to MY KIND OF VACATIONS (www.mykindofvacations.com) who arranged such a nice trip for us.
Once again thanx to MY KIND OF VACATIONS.

Date of stay: February 2011