Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore
US$308
US$224
Panpacific.com
  • Pool
One Farrer Hotel & Spa(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$191
Park Hotel Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$99
US$251
US$213
Carlton Hotel Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$211
US$161
Marina Bay Sands(Singapore)
US$527
US$367
MarinaBaySands
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$179
US$168
  • Restaurant
Marina Mandarin Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$168
US$145
  • Breakfast included
5,391 results
All reviewsgarden winghorizon clubsummit roomwaterfall cafeorchard roadshang palacepool viewlobby loungehigh teabeautiful hotelour honeymoonbotanical gardensfive star hotelchinese restaurantan upgradedeluxe roomlong flight
Reviewed 11 May 2013

After years of wanting to try out the Shangri-La Valley wing we finally made it there last week for a few nights. With 2 children in tow- one 6 and one a very busy 2 and a half we were fairly nervous as to how this would go down. We couldn't have been treated more like royalty if we were actually Kate and Will. Our girls were like rockstars- everywhere we went the staff couldn't keep themselves away from them! Amazing lobby area where the high tea and champers/cocktails are served every day(OMG the kilos!!) Beautiful china, Tattinger, exquisite petit fours, even cucumber sandwiches, amazing canapes in the evening. The summit room where you dine on the most amazing breakfast you will ever see in the world- trust me I had tried a few- absolutely the best- anything you can think of, I bet you can't stump their chef. The staff in the Valley wing are in a league of their own. They are true professionals. Jega, Raja, Hari, Ireen- just to name a few, I hope their management appreciate what an absolute asset they are to their company. We dined at both the Shang Palace- so welcoming with our little ones, as well as the waterfall cafe- both served high quality food, excellence in service, just expensive drinks- but hey when the champers is free flowing who really cares! Coming from WA we had heard the food was expensive at this hotel- sorry but I think it was very average compared to what we pay here anyway- the only difference was the quality- they know how to do food at the Shangers. Overall nothing was too much trouble- from organising car seats to drivers to photos of our girls with their harpist- seriously , if you want an oasis in a busy, hot city, stay here and you won't be disappointed. The pool area is great for cooling off with the kids. Don't be afraid to take the kids to the Valley Wing, you will be welcome and you will have a fabulous time like we did- we will be back!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank MrsPPerth
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Stayed in the standard room, which was large and comfortable, with a great view from the bay window on the 12th floor. large shower and separate bath, the only fault with the room was the very small number of drawers - we were staying four nights but could only partly unpack our cases.In all other ways this hotel was quite exceptional, excellent service, the conference facility was very good, and the pool and health club were also wonderful.

1  Thank GladJohn
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Stayed in the main Tower for business and a few days holiday. Price wise this is a premium hotel but you get 5 star luxury and service. Rooms are superb - comfortable, well appointed and with great beds and bath room faculties. The service is outstanding and staff are very friendly - this is service befitting of the Raj in the 19th century with staff outside the hotel entrance ready to take your suitcases, front desk staff just inside the hotel entrance to welcome you and escort you to the desk and sign you in; suitcases effortlessly and efficiently whisked up to the room. I loved the welcoming green tea brought up to the room in a traditional wicker tea pot and the complimentary afternoon tea available in the hotel lobby. I also enjoyed the fresh fruit placed in my room everyday. The bellhops at the elevators in the lobby were helpful and friendly - not everyday one sees bell hops who can call the elevators for you. Breakfasts are 6 stars and cover continental, Asian and traditional English breakfast offerings plus fresh bread and pastries, beautiful fruit juices, fresh fruit and a range of special dishes like quiche - breakfast covers you for an entire and active day. A bed turnover service is provided each night with white carpet mats laid out so one can walk in one's hotel slippers to the bed and ten remove the slippers and not bring any dirt into the bed - having said that the carpets are immaculately clean as is the entire hotel - lovely sound deadening thick pile carpeting in the rooms and walkways. I did not make use of the great facilities in the hotel. The food and beverage pricing is astronomical in the hotel and in minibar costs prohibitive - I was fortunate to attend a conference and did not have to buy meals. I am not a minibar user but prices were ridiculous - of course alcohol is very expensive in Singapore and Singapore s a high cost destination. I loved the pret a porter afternoon tea (English high tea) on the Rose Verandah - high tea in Singapore is a most do for visitors and this is one of the best in Singapore - great service and a strong recommendation. The live entertainment each evening was sensational - a jazz singer called Zoey Jones supported by a jazz pianist and jazz double bass player - sensational entertainment each evening and worth the outlay on drinks. For me I love the centre of Singapore and felt that the hotel was too far out for me but it is a resort so the setting and location is right for a resort hotel - there is a free shuttle each hour to Orchard Rd Ion and from there one can easily access the MRT which is great. I do love the fact that this hotel is less 10 mins from the Botanic Gardens by taxi - $5 cab fare and $15 for a first class English breakfast at the Botanic Gardens s a must do if you are holidaying or staying at the hotel on a weekend. Writing this review now I realise I have fallen in love with this hotel - rarely has this ever happened - I ill return to Shangri-La Singapore one day, hopefully with a partner because it is the kind of hotel you want to be with a lover (singles) or your family (married folk) to share the wonderful experience ....

1  Thank Andrew H
Reviewed 11 May 2013

First time visiting Singapore. Stayed at the Shangri La following a friend recomendation. i won't be long because simply I have no complaints to mention but the oppossite. This is a superb hotel, with superb staff, and place to die for. Will definetely come back if I ever go back to Singapore

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Airzeppeling
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Just the right distance away from the centre of the city to feel like you are escaping, and with the usual level of service you would expect from a Shangri La hotel. Rooms are great with good views, and the staff just wonderful.

1  Thank NMC1970