Should not arrive or depart hotel by subway.
I will try to write the most creative and soft to this review!!
Overall this hotel is great all
*room (just renovate)
-very very huge ,can put six 3.5 feet bed inside)
- 2 metres sofa, big work station confront window( fax machine ) , new wood floor scent , very smooth carpet.
- about 5 metre window(very big) almost ceiling to floor.
- 46 inch in wall LED samsung TV and DVD player with iPod charger on work station.
- full snack bar and ice in ice box and coffee capsule maker.
- full lie down bath tube with marina bay view and giant mirror made 180 degree view of marina bay(no TV)
- separate shower with tube ( rain shower head and old style big shower head) , no bidet.
-full not brand name toiletries with spa sensation.
* Cleanliness : Some stain of floor. This room just renovate, isn't it? (5 year old Mandarin oriental Tokyo so much better or 4 star Sheraton Hong Kong hotel is perfect clean))
* location ( promenade subway station exitA just behind hotel with marina bay view close to Marina bay sands just few walk.)
* restaurant. (the most delicious scone available here)
- huge swimming pool ( it in tower shadow in the morning until noon )
- tropical garden feel like in oasis very perfect.
- well equipped fitness , sauna and steam room with fruit and lemon and orange in fresh water.
And had shaving kit and men grooming ( except dental kit)
**5-6 star level hotel why not ever see in the list to top of world hotel as Four seasons, Mandarin Oriental or Peninsula hotel? Yes, I try to find out why ? The answer is many tiny flaw. But assemble be big problem. That you should know and accept before check in in this hotel Such as
1.Arrival and departure flaw
- no upcoming message to me.
- location of this hotel is the best,the most beautiful marina bay view , promenade subway station just only behind across 4lane one way road
* However, I can't find entrance from the back door. No any sign board or staff to help you. I ask available staff but no proper answer and help ( first staff : lobby in 3rd floor you can go by elevator (where?) ( second : this lift is out of order you should go by walk up by stair case , with Luggage???? This six star hotel). Very lucky that the door of grand ballroom opened ( during decoration) I walk through and take the elevator to 3rd floor with myself)
- staff of this chain hotels call " ladies and Gentlemen serve ladies an gentlemens". This sentence made me decide select one to recieve this service.
- when I touch to professional L&G. I feel special and true different other 6 star hotel . when i arrived to Lobby from nervous @1st floor . Amaze with multiple separate counter L&G lead me to true Front with smile face in her eyes and lips. Introduce my room high as I request ( upgrade to club level floor ) and point to lift that I will go. ( no L&G came with me to introduce room ) and no wifi service introduce.
- turn down service staff is very humble work very well in their job.
- the conceirge is very best . I question the best way when I go to subway. Gentleman introduce and walk with me until end of hotel roof to point the way( the answer is millennia walk through the PARCO mall). And when I receive my luggage (again I cannot find luggage-keeping area(it situate outside the hotel entrance). Lady in conceirge go for me to pick up luggage ( but cannot find luggage because staff in bell area are not there. I must go to find with myself and she made apologize )
- check out service , I can wait queue it had gold tank of water and juice and glass with self service. L&G look busy and arrange me to right queue . At the last sentence not is farewell and please visit again but only phrase " NEXT PERSON " I love this hotel. So MUCH . But I should consider myself that deserve to receive Ladies and Gentlemen service again or not.
- no welcome amenities (fruit or chocolate or gift box)
- no greeting card, have letter about restaurant , breakfast service but to other people , not to me)
-no manual to introduce room ( you must find out switch light curtain blind or any thing by yourself as hide and seek , curtain &blind switch are at bed head.
- No featherbed as described in Internet and after send request , their bed made some hurt to me in the morning.
- toiletries not is brand name. Distribute by hotels supply.
4.Restaurant flaw. At afternoon tea. I taste the best scone here. But very take time between tea and scones. L&G look continue work ( <5 persons) when I call and question about my dish . She came with it suddenly. I think this is problem about quantity of staff ( is not quality)[K' Shiki restaurant of Mandarin oriental Tokyo can serve 4 course lunch menu< half hour]
All this flaws ruin reputation of Ritz-Carlton hotel chain. If you did not want this problem should use car for arrival and depart. Believe me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Minutes away from some of Singpaore's most iconic attractions including the Marina Bay and Singapore Flyer, The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore provides privileged access to one of the world's most vibrant cities. While the panoramic glittering views of the city skyline and Marina Bay invites intrigue, our Singapore hotel's central location tempts exploration. The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore has several outstanding reasons for guests to stay on the property a while before adventuring out, ranging from a stellar collection of 4,200 contemporary art pieces including works by Frank Stella, Dale Chihuly and Andy Warhol as well as the lush idyllic pool perfect for enjoying the tropical warmth at. Guests enjoy a multitude of shopping, dining and entertainment options at three shopping malls accessible via covered skybridge as well as public transportation options within walking distance. Dining Indulgences: Colony - A true taste of Singapore. Summer Pavilion - An intimate and sophisticated Cantonese dining experience. Chihuly Lounge - Linger over light meals and afternoon tea or sip cappuccinos and cocktails in the presence of Dale Chihuly's stunning glass sculptures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TravelUp, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Millenia Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Ritz Carlton Singapore
- Ritz Singapore
- Singapore Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore