“Should not arrive or depart hotel by subway”

The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore
Ranked #5 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
“Should not arrive or depart hotel by subway”
Reviewed 25 June 2011

Should not arrive or depart hotel by subway.
I will try to write the most creative  and soft to this review!!
Overall this hotel is great all
*room (just renovate)
   -very very huge ,can put six 3.5 feet bed inside)
   - 2 metres sofa, big work station confront window( fax machine ) , new wood floor scent , very smooth carpet.
   - about 5 metre window(very big) almost ceiling to floor.
   - 46 inch in wall LED samsung TV and DVD player with iPod charger on work station.
   - full snack bar and ice in ice box and coffee capsule maker.
   - full lie down bath tube with marina bay view and giant mirror made 180 degree view of marina bay(no TV)
   - separate shower with tube ( rain shower head and old style big shower head) , no bidet.
   -full not brand name toiletries with spa sensation.
* Cleanliness : Some stain of floor. This room just renovate, isn't it? (5 year old Mandarin oriental Tokyo so much better or 4 star Sheraton Hong Kong hotel is perfect clean))
* location (  promenade subway station exitA just behind hotel with marina bay view close to Marina bay sands just few walk.)
* restaurant. (the most delicious scone available here)
* leisure:
   - huge swimming pool ( it in tower shadow in the morning until noon )
   - tropical garden feel like in oasis very perfect.
   - well equipped fitness , sauna and steam room with fruit and lemon and orange in fresh water.
And had shaving kit and men grooming ( except dental kit)

**5-6 star level hotel why not ever see in  the list to top of world hotel as Four seasons, Mandarin Oriental or Peninsula hotel? Yes, I try to find out why ? The answer is many tiny flaw. But assemble be big problem. That you should know and accept before check in in this hotel Such as

1.Arrival and departure flaw
  - no upcoming message to me.
  - location of this hotel is the best,the most beautiful marina bay view , promenade subway station just only behind across 4lane one way road
* However,  I can't find entrance from the back door. No any sign board or staff to help you.  I ask available staff but no proper answer and help ( first staff : lobby in 3rd floor you can go by elevator (where?) ( second : this lift is out of order you should go by walk up by stair case , with Luggage???? This six star hotel). Very lucky that  the door of grand ballroom  opened  ( during decoration) I walk through and take the elevator to 3rd floor with myself)

2.Service flaw
 - staff of this chain hotels call " ladies and Gentlemen serve ladies an gentlemens". This sentence made me decide select one to recieve this service.
- when I touch to professional L&G. I feel special and true different other 6 star hotel . when i arrived to Lobby  from nervous @1st floor . Amaze with multiple separate counter L&G lead me to true Front with smile face in her eyes and lips. Introduce my room high as I request ( upgrade to club level floor ) and point to lift that I will go. ( no L&G came with me to introduce room ) and no wifi service introduce.
- turn down service staff is very humble work very well in their job.
- the conceirge is very best . I question the best way when I go to subway. Gentleman introduce and walk with me until end of hotel roof to point the way( the answer is  millennia walk through the PARCO mall). And when I receive my luggage (again I cannot find luggage-keeping area(it situate outside the hotel entrance). Lady in conceirge go for me to pick up luggage ( but cannot find luggage because staff in bell area are not there. I must go to find with myself and she made apologize )
- check out service  , I can wait queue it had gold tank of water and juice and glass with self service. L&G look busy and arrange me to right queue . At the  last sentence not is farewell and please visit again but only phrase " NEXT PERSON " I love this hotel. So MUCH . But I should consider myself that deserve to receive Ladies and Gentlemen service again or not.
3.room flaw
- no welcome amenities (fruit or chocolate or gift box)
- no greeting card, have letter about restaurant , breakfast service but to other people , not to me)
-no manual to introduce room ( you must find out switch light curtain blind or any thing by yourself as hide and seek , curtain &blind switch are at bed head.
- No featherbed as described in Internet and after send request , their bed made some hurt to me in the morning.
- toiletries not is brand name. Distribute by hotels supply.

4.Restaurant flaw. At afternoon tea. I taste the best scone here. But very take time between tea and scones. L&G look continue work ( <5 persons) when I call and question about my dish . She came with it suddenly. I think this is problem about quantity of staff ( is not quality)[K' Shiki restaurant of Mandarin oriental Tokyo can serve 4 course lunch menu< half hour]
All this flaws ruin reputation of Ritz-Carlton hotel chain. If you did not want this problem should use car for arrival and depart. Believe me.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank oncati

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (965)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 June 2011

The Ritz Carlton is one of the best hotels in Singapore. It was getting a little tired with all the traffic and the hotel had recent makeover. Certainly gives the rooms a new feel, but I'm personally not sure that I like it. Color schemes are a little off versus the warm neutrals of before and it's all a little too high tech, but obviously retrofitted and a little contrived like it's trying too hard. Clearly, I preferred the old layout which made better use of the spacious rooms and still gave it an open and airy feel.
Service is great, though the lines to check-in and check-out can be painfully long at rush hour. The biggest gripe (if one has to be picky) is the local at the end of Marina Bay practically tucked beside a major overpass. By the standards of other hotels in Singapore it is a little out of the way and one definitely needs a taxi or a car to get anywhere you'd want to go. Even to locations that are close by, in Singapore's heat nothing is within comfortable walking distance other than the 2nd tier mall which the hotel is linked to.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank tnu
Reviewed 22 June 2011

Big rooms with warm tones and big windows. Fantastic view of Singapore skyline. The bathrooms have the perfect fengshui. :-) With so many competing hotels in the area, it stands out with its exclusivity and value. Extra points for providing children amenities and menus.

RC Millenia SG needs to upkeep the quality of front line staff, consistency and "the personal touch" to continue to stand out. For the 2 stays, we had encountered a few "doe-eyed" staff that needed some prompting for our requests. Nevertheless my 2 young children and husband are still wondering when we'll have our 3rd staycation in this hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 21 June 2011

The Ritz Carlton is an amazing hotel. The rooms are very spacious and are extremely well appointed. The high speed internet is extremely fast and the wireless connectivity is good throughout the hotel.

The service is top notch and the breakfast croissants are amazing. The buffet breakfast is a little on the pricey side but the chef makes an excellent omelet. I cannot recommend this hotel enough.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 June 2011

We arrived to the VIP or CIP service at the airport offered through the hotel and there began our 5 day luxury break....I felt so relaxed and looked after I can't tell you how lovely it was and it got better.
The room was a suite with 3 rooms overlooking the bay with a fabulous view of the new marina sands hotel. Although the room was a tiny bit dated it was magnificent so clean and just breathtaking.
Service impeccable. Can't fault a single thing. The club (which comes with some rooms) was amazing food was incredible, breakfasts were fantastic.
A literally 2 minute walk to marina shopping centre and 5 minute walk to marina sands shopping centre it's a great location.

We'll definately come back.

• Stayed June 2011
Menlo Park, California
Reviewed 21 June 2011

I stayed here as part of a conference for 3 days and 4 nights in June, and this was my third stay here. As always, I'll address my gripes first, as those are what are most concerning to readers.

Cons: No hallway to allow for privacy once doors are open... I like the way that there is hallway that leads to the bedroom area in a normal hotel room, but the doors in most standard deluxe rooms opens right into the sleeping area, with the bed right next to the doorway.

Also, I find that the doors do not shut very easily. To the hotels credit, they on three occasions stopped by to notify me that the door was not fully closed, but I think that the engineers should ensure that doors that swing shut, should do so. Add the first two points together, and it's not a very comfortable room arrangement.

Tough to find the safe.

Slight mustiness/funny smell. I was in Room 2319. I would get the view facing the other way looking at Marina Bay Sands and the Singapore Flyer if I had a choice. Probably odd #s.

Pros: 46" Samsung LED TV. Good blackout curtains. View of Singapore, both Marina Bay side, and other. Bathroom does offer a great view from the bathtub. Full toiletries. Easy entry with keyless card that does not need to be swiped.

Ample electrical hookups, including bedside which allowed me to hook up my CPAP machine, which was very helpful.

Service was regular and efficient.

Gym was not quite 24 hours, but was a decent gym with clean equipment, with full tech on the bikes/ellipticals/treadmills. Trainers greet you by name which they glean from your sign-in.

Room Tip: Even #s have the better view I think.