“5* All the way”

The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore
Ranked #5 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 23 May 2012

The Ritz Carlton Millenia Singapore Hotel is 5* all the way - from the moment you arrive the attention to detail is just great and remained consistent throughout our stay.
Book breakfast as part of your package as it’s very expensive to upgrade once at the hotel ( £25p/p).
We did upgrade to a Bay View room for a fee but the views were just fab!!!
We eat at Boat key / Clarke quay and Fullerton bay and all were very good.

I Would recommend the RAS Indian at Clarke Quay – excellent value and quality.

River boat tours and open bus top tours easily accessible - Orchard road for shopping malls is a must- I would say shopping equal or maybe better than NYC.
Just a really great holiday with the hotel being a big part of this enjoyable visit to Singapore

Room Tip: Bay View is worth doing
1  Thank Knockout28
Write a ReviewReviews (5,001)

Reviewed 22 May 2012

Having visited this hotel i would gladly stay here again and recommend it to anyone visiting. The rooms are exquisite, huge windows with magnificent views, the hugest comfiest beds ever, the most inviting bath ( which sadly i did not have time to use but made a point of dipping my toe in as i could not resist) huge powerful shower cubicles with separate WC room. Enough power sockets with adaptors for all plugs, but the best bit about my room was the huge walk in closet which was bigger than most hotel rooms in Asia. Sadly i did not get a chance to visit the pool but my travel companions did and were very happy with the facilities.
My only complaint would be that they did lose half of my dry cleaning and only deducted 10% off my bill for doing so ( items never to be found again) and returned someone else’s jacket to my room. For safety sake do not use the hotel laundry. Otherwise a great hotel and one of my favourite places to stay in Singapore.

Room Tip: choose a room at the end of the corridor with a Marina Bay Sands view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I stayed four nights, visiting my husband who is currently working in Singapore. Despite the hotel is not brand new, maintenance is excellent. We had a clubroom, because we always like the club at the Ritz. Also here it is perfect arranged. Staff is very friendly. The rooms are bright, clean and enough space. Only one thing: it is not really good soundproof. And then I mean soundproof about the inside. I woke up every night because people passing your room and talking (our screaming) and one evening I also heard the footsteps from the room above us. Locations is superb. We did not use the spa at the hotel this time, but went to Spa Botanica at Sentosa. That was amazing. We will visit this hotel again next month, but then with our 1 year old son. We will stay in a one bedroom suite for that period. Overall a great hotel with impeccable service.

Reviewed 20 May 2012

this hotel has every thing you would ever wont, the service was excellent, the facilities were excellent, the breakfast was excellent. its was well worth the money.

1  Thank mtnviewWanaka
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Great views combined with great service make a great stay. With the hotel airport car service, I was retrieved upon exiting the plane, and whisked away like an international pop star. Upon arrival, I was upgraded to a Premier Suite. The suites that end in "26" have breathtaking views of both the high rise Financial District and and of the Singapore Flyer observation wheel. The room itself wasn't "stuffy" Ritz. It was an updated, modern, clean Ritz. And, as others have described, the bay window from the bathtub is a highlight. I found the Club privileges to be worth the extra price, as I ate and drank through the day. While the pool environment wasn't anything spectacular, it sure felt spectacular in the humid heat. For those deciding on which 5 star chain to stay with in Singapore, the Ritz is next to the Mandarin Oriental, but appears to have better views. (Note that if you are a Four Seasons or St. Regis fan, those hotels are located in the Orchard Road shopping area. They are not by the water.) Combined with a fantastically clean and compelling Asian city, I would highly recommend a visit to the Ritz Carlton Singapore.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank LosAngelesTravel123
Reviewed 20 May 2012

I simply cannot write enough to fully explain how wonderful this hotel truly was. The service is second to none. The room was immaculate and well set out. We arrived at 5.30am in the morning and we were promptly registered and sent up to our room which was already ready and waiting, and exactly the specifications we requested. The staff remember your name after only speaking to you once, they go out of their way to assist and their service is intuitive and personalised. The view from the room over the Marina Bay was amazing as well. All in all an 11 out of 10 experience. Will be telling all my friends and family and can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of Marina Bay and not too close to the lifts.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 May 2012

I stayed at the Ritz for 5 nights whilst traveling on business last week, and I could not fault a thing. I had a room on a high floor with amazing views of the Marina and Esplanade and across the city of Singapore. The room itself was well presented with the most comfortable King bed I have slept in for a while. The bathroom was huge and accommodating. The hotel has all the facilities you could want on a business trip: most off all the Ritz Carlton Club. I strongly recommend you pay for a room with Club access. Free internet through out the hotel and concierge services that cater for any request. The breakfast is outstanding, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and a light evening meal - all served with red/white, beer, or MOET!... We had a terrific time in the lounge each day and I ended up working from the lounge instead of the office! Nadia and Amy were so accommodating and their service was sensational! Each time I was at the club I was greeted by my name which always surprised me. The pool was lovely with poolside service if you can find some time for relaxation. The hotels location is a 5-7 minute walk from Suntek. It's right next to the Mandarin Oriental, Pan Pac (currently closed for renovations) and Conrad Hotel. I took a cab for some shopping on Orchard Road which cost $10 and took about 10 minutes. The Hotel is also a short walk to the Esplanade where I would recommend dinner (Chill Crab) at No Sign Board. Make sure you book (and ask for a table outside)... We also had dinner at Jumbo at the East Coast Parkway Seafood Market, but for me... No Sign Board was much better. Overall, a fantastic hotel, in a great location, with fantastic service. I would highly recommend the Ritz in Singapore.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the Marina side
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business