“Gold standard” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Tokyo, Japan
“Gold standard”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

I have stayed in this hotel multiple times and my first choice when I travel on business to Singapore. The rooms are huge, and the views are to die for specially when you are on the side facing Marina Bay.
It's an old property but the rooms and facilities are modern. And service is always tops.
Location wise, it is right beside several malls. And walking distance to SUNTEC convention center, Esplanade theaters, and the Marina Bay Sands casino complex.
There is a great food court across the street to sample local fare.
My rate includes breakfast and internet free so that's a big plus.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Marina Bay.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (939)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Kuwait City, Kuwait
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

Stayed here before, about 10 years back. The hotel is as fresh as it was then, with exemplary service, big (really big) rooms and a fantastic location. Despite the weather, you have a range of malls and attractions within 5-10 minute walk, including the new Marina Bay complex.

In-house food is excellent, but expensive compared to nearby options. Bar prices as you would expect from a hotel such as this. Concierge service is incredible and detail oriented. Housekeeping was patchy (possibly our fault as we were on an odd timetable), but a phone call bought immediate rectification of any issues. For those to whom such things matter, it's quite difficult to smoke there!

Little known fact is the world-class art collection in the hotel - they will lend you an ipad for a self-guided tour.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms seem to look over the city, even over the Marina Bay
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Singapore, null, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013

This is my second time staying back here. Previously there were some small issued had happen in my previous stay but this time round i feel that their services is better and excellent. i keep it short and simple for from my experiences. I also love their gym, steam room and swimming pool. is a good experience at there.

Everything goes well for my 2 days 1 night staycation. The room still the same as i stay before. Everything was excellent. I saw their toiletries had changes packaging / new brands, anyway the new sets of toiletries still nice to use it but i love this new package of toiletries esp their body lotion. i do love their bathtub and rain shower. one of the best hotel bathroom i had ever stay before.

Having their breakfast at greenhouse restaurant, the foods they had prepare for guests, to me i feel awesome. Because there were lot of choices for us to choose. Quantity of foods not bad. their service at there not so bad although we had to ask 3 times to had some sugar and teaspoon for my coffee, after finish my coffee, end up need to ask another 2 times then my coffee had been refill.

Overall of the room n services i had were excellent, my friend and i enjoy staying there. I'm sure we will be back again. Btw i like their refreshing drinks at front desk.

Room Tip: no harm asking to request for high floor if u like to see beautiful scene of Singapore at night.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank DDLEX
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

Although this hotel is more than 10 years old, the service is excellent. The Ritz Carlton Hospitality.

I've stayed in this hotel more than 10 years ago; and the room is maintained very well and clean.
Food is great. There's nothing that I don't like about this hotel. I just stay either here or St Regis (another hotel which is also highly recommended) whenever I'm in Singapore.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013 via mobile

Ritz carlton has lived up to its name - dedicated to giving the finest service, putting a smile to every guests. Got upgraded to the premiere suite under the "birthday" package and the room that we got was breath-taking! The view of marina bay is fantastic and the room itself is huge and luxurious, right down to the nitty gritty details such as the comfy bathrobe and thick fluffy...bedroom slippers! Turndown service provided is a must!
Would definitely come back for this luxurious stay!

• Stayed April 2013
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

Did a last minute reservation for this property. I love the room from my last stay during christmas eve, but the service provided by the staff back then was lacking. Despite that, I decided to go for another try to see if there are any improvements in the service by the staffs. This time round, the service is a great difference from the last time i was here. The excellent service started at check in, where a staff was at the reception directing patrons to any available check in staffs. She even offered drinks that was just right across the reception counters. Check in was fast, with staffs addressing me by my first name. It felt rather personal right from the start. The service did not stop there, but more of it later.

After getting the key we headed for the room that was assigned to us. As previously, the room was superb, nice view an was large. I particularly liked the bath room, spacious and the bathtub comes with a great view. Not forgeting the generous space allocated to the separate rain shower and the separate room for the toilet bowl. The room itself is fantastic, a working desk right infront of the wall to ceiling window, and so is the king size bed. There is a 3 seater couch at one corner of the room, which is totally out of the way. However I find it a tad far from the Television. Sleep quality on the king size bed is absolutely wonderful. We had a good night sleep throughout the night. The automatic day and night blinds adds a futuristic touch to the whole room. The hotel has changed its toiletries this time round. We were given Asprey brand toiletries compared to house brand just a few months ago. The toiletries are fragrant and leaves one's skin feeling soft after using them.

After checking into the room, got our stuffs settled down, we headed for the swimming pool for a tan, seeing the sun was great. As we were there, a friendly staff by the name of Max not only gave us the towels, he helped us chose chairs with the best sun and helped us set up the chairs for a tan. Afterwhich he popped by with 2 bottles of cold water for us in case we were thirsty. He took note of my reservation and addressed me by my first name, which adds an excellent touch to the service rendered. On and off there were staffs going around the pools, despite the heat servicing small bites such as ice-cream, small sized sandwiches.

As it was my friend's birthday, the hotel has a policy of advanced notice of 48 hours before they can arrange for a surprise birthday cake. However our booking was a last minute one, we do not have the luxury of 48 hours. When we returned to the hotel at around 7.30pm, I checked with front desk the status of the cake which i requested earlier on. An empathetic staff named LiLing explained to me regarding the policy, however she did not want to disappoint us and called up several department to check if there is a cake for us. After exhausting all avenues, she apologetically delivered the news to me. However, as she did not want to disappoint us, she arranged for a box of chocolates and a bottle of champagne, which was promptly delivered to our room at the time I requested. Together with the Champagne was a certificate of sort, with greetings from all the staffs at the front desk, wishing my friend a happy birthday. what an excellent touch by the staffs.

The next day, owing to the full occupancy, we could not have late check out. however the duty manager allowed us to use the facilities of the hotel throughout the day. As it was raining (we wanted to suntan), we decided to hit the gym. Mario at the front desk (who assisted us in processing the check out) called the gym to inform them of our arrival. When we arrived at the gym, we were promptly expected and was given towels and water immediately. We met MAx at the gym and he recognised me and greeted me. Excellent service rendered from the hotel, which was very different the last time we were here.

Breakfast was excellent at the Greenhouse. Patrons will be spoilt for choices of food they put up at the buffet table for breakfast. Food was tasty as well. However as per previous experience, the staffs at the Greenhouse need to brush up more to listen to the requests of their guests, other then hearing what they want to hear. We requested for more brown sugar, but was given only 4 packets, which was the "Standard" issue for every table. Condiments at the table was not topped up or arranged. My friend did not have a tea spoon and we had to request from 3 different servers before we got the tea spoon.

Despite the incidents at the Greenhouse, I highly recommend a stay at Ritz Carlton Singapore. Sleep quality is fantastics and the service rendered by the staff is excellent.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Diviva
Hong Kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

In the past I had one complaint about the Ritz Carlton. That was the lack of segregation of the cab queue. The queue seems to have improved.

Everything else is great. It was great before, but a few things have still stepped up a notch. Great breakfast selection, even better bathrobes. new toiletries in the bathrooms (nice to change every now and then). An oversupply of hotels and great views.

The other new thing is the Sands mall just across the road. It made for a very pleasant walk across the bay on the pedestrian bridge and there are a lot of other great places to eat over there. I had two business lunches there, both restaurants were very good in terms of service and value for money.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business