“Grand and accommodating”

Ranked #4 of 314 Hotels in Singapore
Perth, Australia
“Grand and accommodating”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

My partner and I stayed there with my parents for holiday for 3 nights.
After check in, concierge showed us around with all facilities available. View from our room (club floor) was amazing.
All staff except for room service staff was accommodating and helpful. After introducing myself for the first time, they remembered my name until my last day and that made me feel like I was welcomed.
Club lounge staff welcomed us until I wanted to be there for the whole time.
Any staff was willing to help when I was walking around.
My partner liked their amenities too.

The only downside was room service - they were just slow.
I wanted humidifier so I called them for it. The person on the phone said they would bring it to our room straight away.
In the end it took them 1.5 hours.
Also one night we ordered room service and it took us 1 hour to get it.

There were a few minor things to be improved but overall I enjoyed the stay very much.
I would return to stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shin B
RitzCarltonSingapore, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Dear Shin B:
Thank you for your review following your recent holiday stay with your parents at The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore. In addition to your satisfaction with the view and amenities, I am particularly happy to hear that our Ladies and Gentlemen were consistently addressing you by name. It is certainly one of the many ways we attempt to provide the utmost personalized service to our guests. On the other hand, I am concerned regarding the timeliness of deliveries to your room, both by Housekeeping and In Room Dining. Rest assured I have shared your feedback with my team for immediate improvement. Thank you again and I will look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon!

Warm regards,
Peter Mainguy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (977)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I don't usually stay at high end hotels as I don't stay in the hotel room most of the time. But I've gotta say I am most impressed with the quality that Ritz offers during the staycation I had over the National Day.

It offered a great view of the Floating Platform where the National Parade was held, and every bit of the room is just quality. Definitely worth every dollar.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stayed here for 8 nights for our honeymoon.. We had a room facing the marina bay sands hotel, botanical garden, singapore city, merlion, the river, the sea, name it and you could view it form the room.. The mornings were beautiful with the calmness of the the river and sea.. and the nights were beautiful with the lights of the city and marina bay.. Its one of the best view swe have had in any of the hotels that we have stayed.. You can just keep staring out n do absolutely nothing and Time flies..
The service provided is top class.. The staff is very helping.. We were given an early checkin cuz we arrived early.. that was very sweet of them.. saved us the time we would have killed almost 6 hours..Check in was very smooth need to thank the staff for this..
The inroom dining was spectacular.. The food is one of the best u vl get in any of the five star properties. One of the good things of the staff here is they address you with your name which gives it a special touch and makes you feel home..
The place is very well connected to everything in Singapore..
To sum it up an awesome experience Thanks guys..

Room Tip: Marina Bay view at a higher floor 16 plus
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Aparna S
Ko Samui, Thailand
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I made the three night booking for the Ritz at the same time as booking another hotel for the following several days of our ten day Singapore stay. I contacted both hotels immediately to ask them if they would be able to accommodate my son's gluten/dairy free diet. Chef Massimo from the Ritz contacted me within 12 hours as did the hotel's concierge to say that they would cater personally to my son's needs. The other five star resort hotel I had booked took a week to respond and even then was unorganized and unprofessional. The communication from the Ritz Carlton was outstanding and upon our arrival there was a massive basket of gluten free goodies waiting for us in the room. We were fortunate enough to indulge in the Sunday Champagne Brunch and Chef Lawrence created a special meal for our son.
While we initially thought the hotel was slightly more business oriented than we had wanted we would all love to return based on the exceptional service. Each and every staff member we had contact with was professional, helpful, and simply lovely. I'd like to give a special mention to the doormen as they were always offering clever suggestions as to child friendly outings in the city.
The location was perfect for us, a short walk to the Children's garden and across from shopping and restaurants.
Lastly, the bed. Divine! Absolutely the best bed ever. My husband would try to come up with a new description each morning, I think the final morning was something about being enveloped by an angel's bosom. Yes it was that good.This bed outranked what we previously thought was the best at the Peninsula Shanghai. Highly recommend for a short city stay.
Again a special thank you to Chef Massimo!

2 Thank ShannonCB
Dear ShannonCB:
As the genuine care and comfort of our guests is the highest mission at The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore, I am very pleased to hear of the service provided to you by Chef Massimo, Chef Lawrence, and the Gentlemen at the front door. I have personally thanked them and shared your kind words of encouragement. I hope that we can welcome you back soon so that our Ladies and Gentlemen can look forward to providing your with exceptional service yet again. I would also love to hear more about your husband's daily descriptions of our comfortable beds!

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I booked a deluxe room for my birthday staycation over the weekend. This is my second time at the Ritz and I was looking forward to a great experience once again.

Check in was smooth and I must commend the staff for their hospitality despite the large number of guests. It was said that the hotel had full occupancy during the weekend and the hotel lobby was indeed crowded. I was escorted to the lift lobby where the check in staff gave me a pleasant surprise by saying that I had been upgraded to a suite for my birthday. It was definitely a great start to a great weekend.

First impressions of the suite when you walk in is this fabulous view of the marina bay financial district and the marina bay sands. The living room is spacious and modern with luxuriousness written all over it. There are two large size flat screen tvs- one in the living and the other in the bedroom to keep you entertained. There is no shortage of powerpoints and the best part is, there is no need for any sort of adapter.

Amenities in the bedroom are aplenty. The bathtub looks especially inviting and my family and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay in the room just soaking in the comfort it has to offer.

We also had dinner at the greenhouse cafe and I must say that the quality of the seafood is amazing. Plenty to choose from and the service was prompt and there was great variety.

If there was one issue I have, it was the fact that I had stated for a baby cot to be placed in the room but it was not there and we chase housekeeping a few times before it arrived. We also requested for a stroller which was promised but unavailable at the last minute.

Overall a great thank you to the team at the Ritz not mentioning staff like Sherman, Karen, Yumi and John who all made it a pleasant and memorable stay. Definitely looking forward to my next stay.

2 Thank momo8702
Dear momo8702:
Happy belated birthday! I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent staycation with us; from the suite upgrade to the amazing dinner at The Greenhouse. However, I am truly sorry about the lack of responsiveness from our housekeeping team, which rest assured, I have already shared with our Executive Housekeeper. Thank you for your compliments towards Sherman, Karen, Yumi, and John, who I will be recognzing personally for their efforts. We will look forward to welcoming you back to The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore soon!

Yours truly,
Maldives
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We recently spent 3 nights at the RCMS as part of a 10 day family holiday in Singapore. The service in general was excellent from the pre-booking stage all the way through to checkout. The hotel itself is very well located with easy walking access to the Marina Bay Sands area as well as the to the city center itself. I can also highly recommend the Makansutra Hakwers Market and the Supply & Demand restaurant virtually across the road.
The wireless internet service in the rooms could have been a little quicker.
The Sunday brunch at the RCMS was a splurge well worth it!! We have enjoyed Champagne brunches all over the World, from the downright terrible to the excellent, but the option at the RItz Carlton Singapore was one of the best. Grilled lobster, free-flow Moet and Chandon, unlimited fresh oysters shucked in front of you, almost everything you could ask for (except Foie Gras).
Even though more geared towards business travellers, the Ritz outdid themselves for our family trip and our son (5 years old) happily voted it one of his favourite stays, even outranking HK Disney!
Thank you for a great stay and we will be back.
One final comment, I have honestly never found a bed more comfortable in my entire live! I would wake up each morning and my first thought of the day would be to try and find adequate words to describe just how amazing the bed was. I have contacted the hotel to see if I can buy a bed as the ultimate souvenir of our vacation.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 30th floor, facing away from the Marina Bay Sands.
1 Thank CrimsonKuBE
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

This is my favourite place to stay while in Singapore because of the view and proximity to the Bay area. I had a room facing the Marina bay and it was fabulous to see the city light during night and you could just sit there staring at it. Unfortunately the room is too old as the parquet was cracking and floors at bathroom is getting uneven. However I met the Lounge n Beverages manager (Lewis Quinn) an Irish gentlemen who offers me an upgrade to the suite room which is even more amazing. This kind of attention is needed by an old hotel who needs an urgent renovation. What a Ritz great soul....!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 29hario
Dear 29hario:
Thank you for the review following your recent stay with us at The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore. I am happy that you were once again able to enjoy our panoramic Marina Bay views. During your stay, Lewis had made me aware of the flooring issue you encountered as well as the room move to a 1 Bedroom Millenia Suite. Since then, we were able to address the issue and have rectified the parquet floor. Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to your return visit!

Best regards,