“Good location and Comfortable accommodation”

The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore
Ranked #4 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Hong Kong
“Good location and Comfortable accommodation”
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights at the hotel. The location was at the Marina Bay area and was close to a number of tourist attractions. The check-in process was efficient. The room was big and comfortable with a good view and the bathroom was very clean. We had dinner at the chinese restaurant and the food was tasty. The buffet breakfast offered lots of varieties.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (957)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We arrived at the hotel in the early hours of the morning after a very long flight. The staff couldn't have been more caring and charming and the room was fabulous. In the morning I could see a panoramic view of Singapore Harbour. Amazing.It was the Chinese New Year and the hotel was packed but the service was impeccable throughout the hotel.
It certainly made my stay in Singapore

Room Tip: Harbour view rooms are a must and if you can get a club floor room. Food and drink available inclusi...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 24 February 2014

My partner and I stayed there with my parents for holiday for 3 nights.
After check in, concierge showed us around with all facilities available. View from our room (club floor) was amazing.
All staff except for room service staff was accommodating and helpful. After introducing myself for the first time, they remembered my name until my last day and that made me feel like I was welcomed.
Club lounge staff welcomed us until I wanted to be there for the whole time.
Any staff was willing to help when I was walking around.
My partner liked their amenities too.

The only downside was room service - they were just slow.
I wanted humidifier so I called them for it. The person on the phone said they would bring it to our room straight away.
In the end it took them 1.5 hours.
Also one night we ordered room service and it took us 1 hour to get it.

There were a few minor things to be improved but overall I enjoyed the stay very much.
I would return to stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shin B
RitzCarltonSingapore, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Dear Shin B:
Thank you for your review following your recent holiday stay with your parents at The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore. In addition to your satisfaction with the view and amenities, I am particularly happy to hear that our Ladies and Gentlemen were consistently addressing you by name. It is certainly one of the many ways we attempt to provide the utmost personalized service to our guests. On the other hand, I am concerned regarding the timeliness of deliveries to your room, both by Housekeeping and In Room Dining. Rest assured I have shared your feedback with my team for immediate improvement. Thank you again and I will look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon!

Warm regards,
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I don't usually stay at high end hotels as I don't stay in the hotel room most of the time. But I've gotta say I am most impressed with the quality that Ritz offers during the staycation I had over the National Day.

It offered a great view of the Floating Platform where the National Parade was held, and every bit of the room is just quality. Definitely worth every dollar.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stayed here for 8 nights for our honeymoon.. We had a room facing the marina bay sands hotel, botanical garden, singapore city, merlion, the river, the sea, name it and you could view it form the room.. The mornings were beautiful with the calmness of the the river and sea.. and the nights were beautiful with the lights of the city and marina bay.. Its one of the best view swe have had in any of the hotels that we have stayed.. You can just keep staring out n do absolutely nothing and Time flies..
The service provided is top class.. The staff is very helping.. We were given an early checkin cuz we arrived early.. that was very sweet of them.. saved us the time we would have killed almost 6 hours..Check in was very smooth need to thank the staff for this..
The inroom dining was spectacular.. The food is one of the best u vl get in any of the five star properties. One of the good things of the staff here is they address you with your name which gives it a special touch and makes you feel home..
The place is very well connected to everything in Singapore..
To sum it up an awesome experience Thanks guys..

Room Tip: Marina Bay view at a higher floor 16 plus
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Aparna S
Ko Samui, Thailand
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I made the three night booking for the Ritz at the same time as booking another hotel for the following several days of our ten day Singapore stay. I contacted both hotels immediately to ask them if they would be able to accommodate my son's gluten/dairy free diet. Chef Massimo from the Ritz contacted me within 12 hours as did the hotel's concierge to say that they would cater personally to my son's needs. The other five star resort hotel I had booked took a week to respond and even then was unorganized and unprofessional. The communication from the Ritz Carlton was outstanding and upon our arrival there was a massive basket of gluten free goodies waiting for us in the room. We were fortunate enough to indulge in the Sunday Champagne Brunch and Chef Lawrence created a special meal for our son.
While we initially thought the hotel was slightly more business oriented than we had wanted we would all love to return based on the exceptional service. Each and every staff member we had contact with was professional, helpful, and simply lovely. I'd like to give a special mention to the doormen as they were always offering clever suggestions as to child friendly outings in the city.
The location was perfect for us, a short walk to the Children's garden and across from shopping and restaurants.
Lastly, the bed. Divine! Absolutely the best bed ever. My husband would try to come up with a new description each morning, I think the final morning was something about being enveloped by an angel's bosom. Yes it was that good.This bed outranked what we previously thought was the best at the Peninsula Shanghai. Highly recommend for a short city stay.
Again a special thank you to Chef Massimo!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank ShannonCB
Dear ShannonCB:
As the genuine care and comfort of our guests is the highest mission at The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore, I am very pleased to hear of the service provided to you by Chef Massimo, Chef Lawrence, and the Gentlemen at the front door. I have personally thanked them and shared your kind words of encouragement. I hope that we can welcome you back soon so that our Ladies and Gentlemen can look forward to providing your with exceptional service yet again. I would also love to hear more about your husband's daily descriptions of our comfortable beds!

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I booked a deluxe room for my birthday staycation over the weekend. This is my second time at the Ritz and I was looking forward to a great experience once again.

Check in was smooth and I must commend the staff for their hospitality despite the large number of guests. It was said that the hotel had full occupancy during the weekend and the hotel lobby was indeed crowded. I was escorted to the lift lobby where the check in staff gave me a pleasant surprise by saying that I had been upgraded to a suite for my birthday. It was definitely a great start to a great weekend.

First impressions of the suite when you walk in is this fabulous view of the marina bay financial district and the marina bay sands. The living room is spacious and modern with luxuriousness written all over it. There are two large size flat screen tvs- one in the living and the other in the bedroom to keep you entertained. There is no shortage of powerpoints and the best part is, there is no need for any sort of adapter.

Amenities in the bedroom are aplenty. The bathtub looks especially inviting and my family and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay in the room just soaking in the comfort it has to offer.

We also had dinner at the greenhouse cafe and I must say that the quality of the seafood is amazing. Plenty to choose from and the service was prompt and there was great variety.

If there was one issue I have, it was the fact that I had stated for a baby cot to be placed in the room but it was not there and we chase housekeeping a few times before it arrived. We also requested for a stroller which was promised but unavailable at the last minute.

Overall a great thank you to the team at the Ritz not mentioning staff like Sherman, Karen, Yumi and John who all made it a pleasant and memorable stay. Definitely looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank momo8702
Dear momo8702:
Happy belated birthday! I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent staycation with us; from the suite upgrade to the amazing dinner at The Greenhouse. However, I am truly sorry about the lack of responsiveness from our housekeeping team, which rest assured, I have already shared with our Executive Housekeeper. Thank you for your compliments towards Sherman, Karen, Yumi, and John, who I will be recognzing personally for their efforts. We will look forward to welcoming you back to The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore soon!

Yours truly,