“Excellent !”

Ranked #5 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Excellent !”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

My wife and I were guests at this wonderful hotel twice in Feb/Mar 2014. The experience was so good during our first stay that when we encountered a poor stay at an ‘iconic’ hotel in Singapore, we didn’t hesitate in checking out and heading for the Ritz Carlton.

We regularly stay in Ritz Carlton hotels for leisure, invariably in a Club room. We find that the Club offer meets our needs perfectly, providing an oasis of calm in cities, for relaxation, refreshment and light meals. In our opinion the Club is well worth the relatively modest additional cost, for the inclusive benefits and service.

We’ve been very fortunate to stay in five Ritz Carlton hotels in the past 12 months or so and must say that the property in Singapore ranks as high as any.
The Club lounge environment is really very nice, with superb views over Marina Bay, particularly at night. The food & drink offer throughout the day is very good, with a chef station available at breakfast for eggs etc.
Full marks for the inclusive wine range – they even had Cloudy Bay available, perfectly chilled, which made our day !

The staff are superb – everyone extremely charming and keen to do whatever it takes to satisfy the guests needs. Whilst not wanting to single out individual staff, there was one great example of this. The food offering on the Club buffet had very limited non meat choices during our stay (they are doing something about this).
One of the team, Jesse, on finding that this was causing me some difficulty, promptly arranged for a vegetarian curry selection to be brought up to the lounge from the restaurant, without any additional charge. Brilliant service, and typical of all of the team here.

Unusually for Ritz Carlton the Club bedrooms are not on a separate floor – you could be anywhere on one of the higher floors. This didn’t bother us too much, but it was unusual compared to other Ritz Carlton properties, which often have separate Club floors. The rooms are superbly equipped, extremely spacious and with views of either part of the city, or for a supplement Marina Bay. They are also a bit more contemporary than some other Ritz Carlton properties, though not extremely so.

The hotel is also quite well placed for access for the rest of the city, with reasonably close access to the MRT through a side entrance, and many other key attractions within walking distance (subject to temperatures !)
I’m not sure how I would rate the hotel, had we not chosen the Club. The lobby area is always mobbed, the buffet restaurant adjacent likewise and on the couple of occasions we stopped by the main Concierge & Front Desk they were not that great.

Based on the two recent experiences, we loved it here and would choose it every time over the supposed Singapore ‘icon’ hotel that we feel let us down badly.

It is rare for me to take the time to write such a positive review, but we felt that our experiences really were this good.

Well done to the whole team on the Club floor.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
RitzCarltonSingapore, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear kmacOxford,

Thank you for your generous and detailed comments about our Ladies & Gentlemen as well as the Club Lounge which is designed to fulfill the needs of our guests as you have described. I also appreciate you highlighting the areas with room for improvement; my team is right on it as we continue to strive for excellence.

I have shared your encouraging words and recognized Jesse on the intuitive service he rendered to you and your wife during your stay. Jesse was a Trainee with us in 2013 and is currently spending his time outside of his studies, working with us to gain valuable experience until he graduates. It is greatly motivating for him to know he made a difference.

Once again, thank you for your support to The Ritz-Carlton brand. Our Ladies and Gentlemen and I hope to welcome you and your wife back to The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore during your next visit to the Lion City.

Yours faithfully,
Peter Mainguy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (963)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
sydney
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I stayed at The Ritz Carlton in July 2013. I was fortunate enough to be staying in a suite with Executive Club access. The hotel itself is amazing, great location and great amenities and the use of the hotels car which would drive me within the local area. During my stay the Executive Club was being renovated so they located the club down beside the pool. It was genius. I would recommend they move the club there permanently. The staff were amazing nothing was too much trouble. I even sent my parents there recently for a birthday as I was that impressed. I will be returning to this hotel.

Room Tip: The executive rooms are on a high floor with great views how ever I think anywhere in the hotel woul...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My first staycation here to celebrate my friend's birthday and I was totally amazed with the size of the room. It is very spacious and I totally loved the view of Singapore from my room. The staffs were great and service levels was above expectations. I only find it a little weird that the bed was not facing the TV, but the window which was also quite nice.

Overall, would love to come back again if I have a chance.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The only impressive thing about this place were the views. from the Executive lounge. The food in the buffet style restaurant was absolutely terrible and possibly the worst I've ever had in a hotel. Cold, congealed,unexciting. It was like being in the university comm, but possibly worse. The hotel was swarming with people, the staff were not particularly helpful at all probably overworked and harrassed.. Had a good meal in the Chinese restaurant attached to the hotel but it was horrendously expensive and overpriced.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
RitzCarltonSingapore, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear Jessica C,

Thank you for choosing The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore while you were on your business trip to Singapore back in April 2013. I appreciate that you took the time and effort to share your experience with us and sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations.

Since then, we have introduced new and exciting menu items at our Restaurants and worked hard at providing consistent service through training designed to provide The Ritz-Carlton experience our guests have come to expect. I am very glad that you have enjoyed the views from the Club Lounge and I am thrilled to share that we have re-designed and renovated the entire Club Lounge to provide an even better overall experience.

I have shared your constructive feedback with my team as we continue to strive to not only meet but exceed our guests’ expectations. When your travels bring you back to Singapore, I look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again.

Yours sincerely,
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We spent 6 nights at the Ritz and enjoyed every minute of it. The staff were the friendliest we have come across, the food was excellent and nothing was too much trouble. The view over the Bay was magnificent. Definetely our first choice of Hotel for our next visit to Singapore.

Room Tip: A room overlooking the Bay is a must
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 60brianh
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Expected much more and than what we got, beds were comfortable food was very bland and we expected much more. I would not stay here again but enjoyed singapore. The bedrooms we found small to very small, the bar staff were slow to very slow the food was not what one would expect for a ritz.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Liliane O
RitzCarltonSingapore, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Dear Liliane O:
I am terribly sorry to hear that we fell short of your expectations; particularly in food & beverage quality, service, as well the room size. This is certainly not the level of service we aspire to nor what our guests have a right to expect. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused. My team will be reaching out to you to hopefully obtain further details on your stay.

Best regards,
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

It's the most amazing hotel I've ever seen. ...Amazing. ...We stayed at room with Marina Bay view.Breathtaking!!!!!The room is big...the bathroom is spectacular and the view from the bathroom is....more than perfect. The breakfast was very delicious. The staff is perfect. Expensive but...the price worth

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple