My wife and I were guests at this wonderful hotel twice in Feb/Mar 2014. The experience was so good during our first stay that when we encountered a poor stay at an ‘iconic’ hotel in Singapore, we didn’t hesitate in checking out and heading for the Ritz Carlton.
We regularly stay in Ritz Carlton hotels for leisure, invariably in a Club room. We find that the Club offer meets our needs perfectly, providing an oasis of calm in cities, for relaxation, refreshment and light meals. In our opinion the Club is well worth the relatively modest additional cost, for the inclusive benefits and service.
We’ve been very fortunate to stay in five Ritz Carlton hotels in the past 12 months or so and must say that the property in Singapore ranks as high as any.
The Club lounge environment is really very nice, with superb views over Marina Bay, particularly at night. The food & drink offer throughout the day is very good, with a chef station available at breakfast for eggs etc.
Full marks for the inclusive wine range – they even had Cloudy Bay available, perfectly chilled, which made our day !
The staff are superb – everyone extremely charming and keen to do whatever it takes to satisfy the guests needs. Whilst not wanting to single out individual staff, there was one great example of this. The food offering on the Club buffet had very limited non meat choices during our stay (they are doing something about this).
One of the team, Jesse, on finding that this was causing me some difficulty, promptly arranged for a vegetarian curry selection to be brought up to the lounge from the restaurant, without any additional charge. Brilliant service, and typical of all of the team here.
Unusually for Ritz Carlton the Club bedrooms are not on a separate floor – you could be anywhere on one of the higher floors. This didn’t bother us too much, but it was unusual compared to other Ritz Carlton properties, which often have separate Club floors. The rooms are superbly equipped, extremely spacious and with views of either part of the city, or for a supplement Marina Bay. They are also a bit more contemporary than some other Ritz Carlton properties, though not extremely so.
The hotel is also quite well placed for access for the rest of the city, with reasonably close access to the MRT through a side entrance, and many other key attractions within walking distance (subject to temperatures !)
I’m not sure how I would rate the hotel, had we not chosen the Club. The lobby area is always mobbed, the buffet restaurant adjacent likewise and on the couple of occasions we stopped by the main Concierge & Front Desk they were not that great.
Based on the two recent experiences, we loved it here and would choose it every time over the supposed Singapore ‘icon’ hotel that we feel let us down badly.
It is rare for me to take the time to write such a positive review, but we felt that our experiences really were this good.
Well done to the whole team on the Club floor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Minutes away from some of Singpaore's most iconic attractions including the Marina Bay and Singapore Flyer, The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore provides privileged access to one of the world's most vibrant cities. While the panoramic glittering views of the city skyline and Marina Bay invites exploration, the centrally-located hotel has some outstanding reasons for guests to stay in, ranging from the stellar collection of 4,200 contemporary art pieces including works by Frank Stella, Dale Chihuly and Andy Warhol, as well as the lush idyllic pool perfect for enjoying the tropical warmth at. Guests enjoy a multitude of shopping, dining and entertainment options at three shopping malls accessible via covered skybridge as well as public transportation options within walking distance. Dining Indulgences: Colony - A true taste of Singapore. Summer Pavilion - An intimate and sophisticated Cantonese dining experience. Chihuly Lounge - Linger over light meals and afternoon tea or sip cappuccinos and cocktails in the presence of Dale Chihuly's stunning glass sculptures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Marriott, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Millenia Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Ritz Carlton Singapore
- Ritz Singapore
- Singapore Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore