“Breathtaking Views”

Ranked #4 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
San Francisco, California, USA
“Breathtaking Views”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

This hotel is gorgeous and everything you'd expect from a Ritz Carlton. The views of the marina are gorgeous from every room. Even the bathroom has a panoramic view that will take your breath away.

The rooms are quite spacious and filled with modern amenities. If you can make it to one of the restaurants downstairs, they are all superb. I found the sushi restaurant to be exceptional. And definitely try afternoon tea.

On one of my trips here, one of the staff found out I'd been traveling for two weeks and took it upon himself to bring me flowers, chocolates and a fruit bowl to brighten my long trip. Arriving into Singapore is always tricky because many flights arrive in the middle of the night. I usually book the hotel for the night before just so I can check in as soon as I arrive. But one time, the hotel was full, so I was prepared for a long wait for my room. Instead, they were kind and upgraded me so I wouldn't have to wait around.

This is a great hotel for business travel with lots of spaces for having meetings, lunch or drinks, and it's easy to get around the city from this location.

I highly recommend the Ritz Carlton Singapore and its stunning views.

Room Tip: Ask for a marina view room, as these are the best views.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (974)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
tetney
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We stayed here as a second choice as Raffles was full! I am so pleased it was. We went to Raffles for afternoon tea and a Singapore sling and I am so pleased we saw what we were missing as both the service, the hotel and the whole ambiance of the hotel was much nicer than Raffles. We will definitely stop there again on return to Singapore. The view from the bath overlooking the marina is splendid. The food in the restaurant is just fantastic and although we had to queue for breakfast it was worth the wait. Thank you to all the staff for the lovely warmth and friendly smiles.

Room Tip: The higher the better
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
United States
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We spent four nights at the Ritz in Singapore prior to boarding a cruise. The facility is exceptional. Everything spotless and fresh.

The service is exceptional. We checked in at 2:00 AM and had a full service staff waiting for us (they knew we were checking in late) as if we checked in at noon. There is an army of folks that work at this hotel, each one more helpful and friendly than the next. By day two they were calling us by name (we had three kids so it was easy to spot us). By the end of the trip we felt like family. I would not consider any other property in Singapore during a future visit.

You definitely want a room overlooking the harbor. The views are amazing. It's hard to believe. You wake up with that view and don't want to leave your room.

This is a world class facility - a bit pricey compared to other options but spend the extra money - you will not regret it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Very ritz. Hotel itself is beautiful. My room was over looking the bay. Gorgeous big windows in the room and bathroom giving magnificent view of MBS (marble bay sands) etc.
staff was friendly. They have water and coffee at the reception, much needed since Singapore was a bit warm in Feb. Breakfast was good but very busy.
Location is good but then in Singapore everything is mostly within 15min distance.
Recommend walking down to the bay side, MBS etc.

• Stayed February 2014
Washington Dc
Reviewed 16 March 2014

When in Singapore I always stay at the Ritz. I can not believe the information they had on my preferences, mind you I get a room and only stay a few days. I have talked to other guests and they say the same. It most be the training they give the staff.
The service starts with the "meet and greet" when you arrive at the airport, there is someone with your name on a board as you get off the jet way and she greets you, takes your hand luggage, escorts you to the waiting electric cart and asks for your checked luggage tags. Then she navigates the busy airport corridors with its hundreds of duty free shops and finally takes you the VIP immigration line in front of the VIP Lounge, there is no line. Then you are escorted to VIP Lounge to wait for your luggage and if you have not had enough food and drinks in the plane there is a full buffet and open bar for you eat and drink. Once the luggage arrives, it is placed in the hotel waiting car and then you are escorted to the car and asked to verify that you luggage is all there, and you are on the way to the hotel. This service comes with the transfer service I ordered from the hotel for a minimal fee.
Upon arriving at the hotel, the driver somehow tells the hotel staff that you are arriving and there is someone at the door to greet you and takes you up to your room where the check in formalities are taken care off, all very civilized, no need to go to the front desk.
I take the Club level room and they are large with floor to ceiling windows including a hexagonal window over the sunken bathtub in the bathroom. All the windows have beautiful views of the Marina and/or the city. These rooms let you use the Club Lounge on the top floor which serves breakfasts, snacks and hors d'oeuvres and cocktails in the evening, as well as tea in the afternoon.
The hotel has multi-million dollar museum-quality contemporary art collection that if you have time you can borrow and iPod from the Concierge and take the tour, very impressive,
Also the Concierge service is outstanding, they can get you a reservation in almost any restaurant in the city regardless of how booked it is.
My last visit in late February was prior to taking a cruise, an one of the next destinations was Kuala Lumpur (KL), Malaysia and I did not like the tours the cruise ship was offering so I asked one of the concierges if he knew someone in KL that could help me with a one day tour of the city with access to the Petronas Towers and he said he knew his colleague at the Ritz there, then he proceeded to arrange for the entire tour and I was picked up at the ship and taken for the tour and brought back, all at a reasonable rate. This is the kind of service the staff gives at the Singapore Ritz.
The room has complimentary WiFi so does the Lounge, also the Lounge Concierge can arrange for dinner reservations, tours, etc. This is really a class act.

Room Tip: Do get the hotel to pick you up at the airport since it is not too much money and you get all the ex...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
RitzCarltonSingapore, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Dear IDC637,

Thank you for stay at The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore during your visit to Singapore in February and the glowing review of your experience with us. Your encouraging feedback provides great motivation for our Ladies & Gentlemen who are working hard to provide the anticipatory service our guests have come to expect at a Ritz-Carlton. I am glad you enjoyed the arrival limousine service, which is specially tailored to provide a seamless and luxurious option to travel, as well as our art collection and exclusive Club Lounge. Furthermore, the Chef Concierge is delighted to know his team was able to deliver and coordinate service beyond the shores of Singapore.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Singapore and thank you once again for taking the time and effort to recognize the Ladies & Gentlemen for the service they provided. It is our pleasure.

Best regards,
Peter Mainguy
Manado
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Altough it's a little bit expensive among others hotel in this area, Ritz Carlton really makes it's own different. Especially their services. Really enjoy staying here, and be back for next visit. 4 thumbs up !!

Room Tip: Kallang View, It's not really bad..
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Having stayed at the Ritz Carlton Millenia about sixty times a review is long overdue.
The hotel is truly excellent, even by the very high standards of Singapore.
The refurbished rooms are spacious, up to date and extremely comfortable. If you like a bath with a view or a shower that has sufficient force to knock you over the Ritz Carlton is for you.
The beds are huge and ensure an excellent night's sleep. If this was not enough it is the service that is really outstanding, especially in the Club. Staff are totally professional and care about guests, unlike in many modern hotels. Most address you by name, even if you are not a regular guest. On my last visit I choose the excellent buffet meal in the Greenhouse restaurant, without a prior reservation. A waiter came to me and asked if I would like the same wine that I had on my last visit (which was four months earlier).
Singapore is no longer a cheap destination but the Ritz Carlton still offers value for money. If you can book a Club room I would strongly advise it as the ambience, food and beverages are first class - and the views are pretty good as well!
I look forward to my next visit!

Room Tip: Try a Marina Bay Club room if you can
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business