“Very Enjoyable”

Ranked #5 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Vienna
“Very Enjoyable”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My wife and myself, stayed at this property for 5 days just recently and had a very enjoyable stay. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The Executive Club was a good experience with good food and beverage provided and with stunning views across the bay. The check in was quick and as we came off a 10 hour flight. This hotel is walking distance from the very iconic Marina Sands Hotel and casino which has great F&B outlets to choose from.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (965)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We came to the Chihuly Lounge for afternoon tea and it certainly exceeded our expectations. For $50 we had 2 scones each, 4 sandwiches, a macaroon, mini cheesecake, lemon tarte, chocolate hazelnut cake, sorbet, fruit salad, and to finish off a tray of praline chocolates.
It is somewhere to go for a special occasion-and you must try the Red Roses tea-delicious!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank Darcey Rose Eli... W
Scottsdale
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The hotel is perfectly situated on the edge of Marina Bay. It is 32 floors high and the marina bay rooms offer perfect views of the downtown skyline as well as the Marina Bay Sands complex and the Gardens by the Bay. The rooms are perhaps the most beautifully furnished of any hotel we have ever stayed in and they obviously spent a lot on design and quality not having skimped on anything at all. There are bedside controls for all the lights and electric drapes. The staff are all very friendly and really go out of their way to help. In our opinion this is by far the best hotel in Singapore.

Room Tip: Marina bay rooms high up offer the best views.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This hotel has great location with walking distance to the sands hotel, garden by the bay,singapore flyer and many nearby shopping malls. Our suite has an amazing view on the beautiful marina bay and the lion head statue.
The service was very good but not personal, no one from the staff addressed us by the name but maybe because its such a big city hotel.
The breakfast was excellent with a lot of varieties.The pool is very good with attending staff and the gym is really big. On the negative side, the check in procedure was very slow and not friendly!! In our suite upon arrival nothing was offered to my children like sweets,T-shirts,etc... but the next day they remembered and a small beautiful cake was in our suite for the children.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
RitzCarltonSingapore, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Dear RLWK:
I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed the convenient location and amazing views of the Marina Bay from The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore. However, I apologize that the service you encountered was not personalized, and even slow and unfriendly at the front desk. Your experience is certainly not the level of service we aspire to nor what The Ritz-Carlton guest has a right to expect. Rest assured, I have shared your comments with my team for immediate improvement. Thank you for sharing your experience on tripadvisor and I hope to welcome you and your family back to our hotel soon.

Warm regards,
singapore
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I stayed 2D 1N in the hotel and found that the service was great. The service staff has a lot of initiative which makes the stay very pleasant.

- I asked about the daily car park and the reception promptly bring me to the concierge to direct my queries too.
- Check in was fast and staff polite.
- When I checked in, the reception lobby has iced teas for guests.
- When I check out, the reception lobby has nespresso coffee & Oreo cookies for guests
- Went to the pool, water was very cold. The water in the warm jacuzzi was great but a bit dirty due to the leaves that has dropped from the plants around.
- Stayed in premier room, room size was great.
- Asked for extra toiletries and housekeeping staff has initiative to ask if we needed extra water & towels too.
- Wooden floors need fixing as some planks were creaking.
- Pillows a tad too soft for our liking.

Extra points:
When I made the reservation, they had asked if we are celebrating any occasion and I briefly mentioned that it was for my little girl's birthday. They sent us a welcome fruit basket as well as a chocolate mousse cake with a card that was signed wishing Happy Birthday... A really nice and thoughtful gesture that is very much appreciated.

Dear shmj:
Happy belated birthday to your little one! Thank you for choosing to staycation at The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore to celebrate your special occasion. I appreciated the detailed review you left, but also apologize for the leaves in the jacuzzi and condition of parquet flooring. My team has reached out to you directly to hopefully ask for your room number so we can repair the floor in that room. Next time, when you choose to staycation at our hotel again, please ask for our signature pillow menu so that we can provide you with the best Ritz-Carlton Sleep Experience. I will look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 21 April 2014

(I'm still here at the moment, so I can't comment on checkout.) The Ritz Carlton Singapore is hands down the best hotel chain hotel I've been to (slight preference to this over the W Koh Samui). The Marriott beds are really comfortable, even the roll aboard I slept on. Three flat screen TVs! (This is the one bedroom suite I'm talking about.) Octagonal windows were great for lounging on (I'm not fat you know). Views were awesome. Room was huge, and colour schemes were blingy and borderline gaudy. (That's the definition of awesome, right?) Sadly I have to leave today. Only problems were bad walking access to the hotel, limited breakfast spread, not so intuitive shower controls and the lack of a jacuzzi. I'd return in a heartbeat, but I also want to experience the competition (i.e. the Shangri-la, the Peninsula, Mandarin Oriental, Conrad, Meritus Mandarin Orchard, Pan Pacific, Marriott, Marina Bay Sands etc.). I've only been to Singapore twice despite my frequent travels, and this is hands down better than the Festive hotel (admittedly we paid less for the latter).

NC
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I have normally stayed off of Orchard Road at the Regent and the Four Seasons but chose the Ritz given their location overlooking Marina Bay. This hotel is walking distance from the very iconic Marina Sands Hotel and casino and the lovely mall attached to it. The Ritz has the " brand " and many of their personnel try to pull off the sophistication expected at this level of hotel but most times they just don't get there. The main restaurant is terribly over crowded and noisy at breakfast that you might feel like you were at a chain restaurant. I had a deluxe room with marina view. Take note the rooms at this hotel , have wood floors . They look nice but if you have just flown 22 hours ( as I did) only to get into bed and hear someone with heels walking on the wood floors in the room above you. Its hard to describe how bad this sounds though a cheap flat came to mind. The next negative was the costly and poor performance of their internet service. It was dreadful. After a three day stay I was happy to leave. So.... nice property but don't waste your time or money. Stay at a real luxury hotel in Singapore..you have lots of other good choices.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
RitzCarltonSingapore, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear shanenolan2,

Thank you for making the decision to stay with us during your visit to Singapore and I truthfully and sincerely regret that we did not manage to meet your expectations.
We are currently looking into the concerns you mentioned which includes an upgrade to our internet service which was completed in April.
My team has sent you a private message via your TripAdvisor account and we hope to correspond with you soon.

Best regards,