“superb service”

The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore
Ranked #5 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The minute I arrived at the Ritz Hotel in Singapore I felt very welcome. Akram looked after me throughout my stay and was always very courteous and attentive. Excellent choice for business travellers as it is so close to the SunTec Convention Centre. I didn't have the opportunity to use the leisure facilities but believe they were superb.

Room Tip: All rooms have excellent views but would suggest you go 'high'
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
RitzCarltonSingapore, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear AnneDoherty:
Thank you for choosing The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore during your recent business trip! I appreciate you highlighting the warm welcome and personalized service extended to you by Akram. He has been welcoming guests to our hotel for over 5 years and we are lucky to have him. Perhaps next time, we will have the privilege to welcome you back and you can experience some of our leisure facilities such as the pool, spa, or even Sunday Brunch!

Best regards,
Peter Mainguy

Write a ReviewReviews (5,048)

Reviewed 7 July 2014

If there was one word to describe the service here, it is "Excellence". From the moment we stepped through the front door, there was nothing but smiles and sincerity. As my husband was checking in, a guest relationship officer appeared from nowhere with activity booklets for my kids which included an ice-cream pass! How cool is that? Whilst they were busying themselves, the adults were treated to freshly brewed nespresso coffee. On other days, they served yummy concoctions of juices at the lobby for adults and iced milo for kids. Service at the pool area was also outstanding - from being "seated" at the deck chairs to the serving of warm towels. When they saw that I had kids with me, they offered kickboards, a beach ball and swimming noodle. There was no fault.
Only thing annoying duing the stay was that the rehearsals for the national day parade was happening that weekend and the noise was deafening at times. But it is no fault of the hotel's, obviously.
The room was very well appointed and the house keeping staff ALWAYS had a smile on their faces.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are great for family with children. Lots of space to move about.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Busy_Mum04
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

As frequent travellers we have to say that this hotel has been one of the best. Reservation was made through booking.com and received a family package which inc. b/fast and tickets to aquarium. We were greeted at entrance by guest relations officer (Rizwan) who proceeded to take us to our room for express checkin. Other staff greeted us by our name and welcomed us - this we thought was outstanding service. Rizwan ran us through our room and hotel facilities which was also great.
The two days we had were outstanding at this hotel. Credit must go to management team for having such a good staff ethic and culture. Thanks again to all concierge including Lina who also assisted us over the few days. We certainly recommend this hotel to friends and family
NB: we had planned to stay at marina bay sands however glad we made this choice. Not as busy, bigger rooms and treated as a person not a number.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank RockyD1973
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Amazeballs! Sunday brunch is the best....as is everything else! Service is fantastic. The rooms are beautiful and views from out bath tub were spectacular! Well worth a visit!! The pool is beautiful and beds very comfy. Breakfast divine! Very close to everything, not that Singapore is very big anyway! I used to live here and always used to brunch here, try coming for a Sunday as Singapore is known for its lavish brunches! Also hint and tip, try and eat in the local food markets, it will be some of the best food you have ever tried.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I went to the Ritz Carlton for a 3 day conference and was surprised the hotel was so expensive relative to its neighbours but after three days i saw that the edge the hotel had was with service and food. Housekeeping or room service were always prompt and nothing was ever delayed. Every meal I had was super with great taste and impeccable style and precision. I guess there is merit and getting all the details right.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Great location close to marina bay... excellent rooms which are well equipped, the view is amazing. Tastefully done up hotel. There is free wifi which is helpful.

The breakfast at greenhouse was average though and the conference food too was average. Good business hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Looking at the very high standard of Ritz carlton hotel, I would not expect the hotel will throw away my things which accidently left in the bathroom. I called just one day after, but the hotel said that they not keeping my pouch. So dissapointed, by only one day they have throw away my things.The pouch is medium sized and of course inside I have my personal things that should not just be thrown away. I am very dissapointed, still remember the room number 2423.
My pouch is not a garbage (and it doesn't look like a garbage), please next time consider to appreciate the guess by keeping their things eventough only for a few days in case they come back finding their things. Therefore I can not give a good review for this hotel, just very dissapointed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Dewi B
RitzCarltonSingapore, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Dewi B:
I am both surprised and disappointed on how your personal item was handled as well as the response to your inquiry. Your experience is certainly not the level of service we aspire to nor what our guests have a right to expect. Please accept my sincerest apologies. Our Director of Rooms will be reaching out to you directly to look into this matter with the utmost urgency. Thank you for sharing your gift of feedback with us.

Best regards,