“Attention to detail, no errors!”

The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore
Ranked #5 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Amazing experience at one of the best places I've ever stayed! Ive booked a club room, which amongst many perks, gives you access to an array of fine wines and the best quality quirkiest food freshly prepared by the very skilled and friendly chefs like Massimo (Swiss) and Benson (Malaysia). We got an upgrade to a Marina view which was awesome! Thank you Fizah. I didn't want to leave the hotel because i felt so comfy and spoilt. I would book again, money is well worth the treat and experience. A special mention goes to Club Room employees Fizah for the upgrade and Yvonne, Jake and Chuck who not only looked after our food and drink needs, but were also a great source of interaction to help me understand what is like to be a Singaporean or live in Singapore. Very friendly staff and flawless rooms with amenities and perks you won't find elsewhere. Perfection has a name and to me its Ritz Carlton...!

Room Tip: book a club room, you only live once!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
RitzCarltonSingapore, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Dear MafsIreland:
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore. I am happy to hear that the Ladies and Gentlemen of the Ritz-Carlton Club took exceptional care of you. I particularly enjoyed seeing your picture with Chef Benson! Surely, I will be personally thanking Massimo, Benson, Fizah, Yvonne, Jake, and Chuck for living up to The Ritz-Carlton Gold Standards. We hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future!

Best regards,

There are newer reviews for The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore

Reviewed 28 August 2014

We stayed for 5 nights with club access. On the first day, since we arrived early and gave head ups to the hotel, we still had to wait for 2 hours for the room and we were constantly being reminded the room was "getting ready", unfortunately, one of the club staff who sat at the front desk had some very serious attitude knowing that we waited for 2hours and still keep making excuses, and she told us to wait for another 30 mins, and we agreed, when we for another 40mins, we had enough and went up to her, and she was chit chatting with another customers, after we waited for her to finish her conversation, she was like "Well I was just gonna give you the keys" I told her "yes, you said 30 mins wait, now it's 40 mins" and she didn't even apologize for keeping us late, although it's 10 mins, but considering we have waited for 2hrs, she didn't think she had done anything wrong.

I was so mad (Because we could have do other things with that 3 hours waiting not doing anything), so I lodged a complaint to the manager, they responded very fast genuinely tried to resolve the situation by offering me massage and late checkout, since I was pregnant i didn't take up the offer, but the hotel manager had follow up with me to see if my stay was okay, however, the whole 5 days, I had to see the one staff every day when I went to the lounge which was indeed very awkward.

The club lounge was very nice, the food was very good, food is actually even better than the HK's ritz club lounge. The breakfast at the main lobby was not even as good as the club, although club's selection is small, but it's just way better

The room facing the bay was gorgeous day and night, housekeeping was top notch. But I didn't like the frequent room visit (twice in 2 hours!), they only knocked twice the door and use their key to open the door which I didn't like cause I wasn't even fast enough to answer the door, it would be embarrassing if someone's changing.

Other staff in the hotel was very good, unfortunately, the one star was taken off because of that particular staff with bad attitude, which is something not quite acceptable at a 5-star hotel like Ritz

Room Tip: Facing the Marina Bay
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Signature style services, amazing ambience, humble n caring staff, secured atmosphere and ultra modern interiors. Honoured Staying in this hotel. Excellent view of Singapore from high floor millennia suite.

Room Tip: Stay once on high floors to get the amazing view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

It's a hotel property one must stay in. From the ambience to location, it's above par than most of the hotels in Singapore. Food is great and some very good activities for kids. I was there to celebrate my wedding anniversary and the staff did surprise us with some pampering.

The only lowlight was mixed customer experience. While some staff was brilliant, some really disappointed and didn't live upto level of such hotel. Some staff at porch were indifferent, while some at check in and check out counter. I lost my cool at staff at check in counter who made me wait for long in the queue, only to later come and tell that that's not the queue for check out and I should come ahead. And he didn't apologise.

Also for the charges they have, not putting breakfast in room package was another disappointing factor as made me feel I received less value for very high price I paid for hotel.

Overall it's a great hotel, one must stay. But don't be surprised if you not find enough value for money you pay.

Stayed: August 2014
RitzCarltonSingapore, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Delhichd:
Thank you for your recent review of The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore and happy belated anniversary! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed certain aspects of your stay such as the convenient location, relaxed yet refined ambience, and food quality. On the other hand, your interaction with the Gentleman at the front desk is certainly not the level of service we aspire to nor what our guests have right to expect. Thank you for bringing this to my attention so that I can ensure the appropriate coaching and training takes place. I appreciate the time you took to share your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back for your next anniversary, if not sooner!

Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

Early check in and a late check out seemed to be no problem for the club room receptionist .

The club room is fantastic with one of the best views of the Singapore skyline at night .

Staff are all very professional and are ready to help with any request .

I will return every time I'm in Singapore .

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

We arrived at 4pm to a growing queue at the concierge and the guest relations manager, Prakash very generously dealt with our check in, and made every effort to make sure we were comfortable and that we didn't wait too long before being shown to our rooms. The room is simply perfect I have the most glorious view of the marina, more than I could have hoped for. The facilities are beautiful, the bathroom and room tranquil and spacious. The staff friendly and welcoming. There is nothing more I could ask for out of this hotel

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear jbp22:
I am glad to hear that Prakash took great care of you despite the active business levels upon check-in. Prakash has worked with us for the past 10 years and has created many Ritz-Carlton guests for life since. I will surely share your generous comments with the entire hotel and recognize his efforts. Thank you for your gift of feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore soon.

Yours truly,

Reviewed 24 August 2014

This hotel was beautiful. Outstanding. In spite of the overwhelming heat that Singapore constantly experiences, this hotel was a "cool" oasis. Walking distance to many of the major attractions and casinos. Book a boat tour around the city, also in walking distance. Merlin, the famous Lion statue, is also within walking distance.

Room Tip: Free wifi for Marriott Elite Members. Pack light weight clothes.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business