Lowest prices for your stay
Fully refundable before Thu, 25 Apr
No prepayment needed
Sahara J
Place to stay
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 3 Feb 2015via mobile
The view was amzing! The pool was great and the staff were friendly. The artwork at the hotel itself is a sight to watch. I was abit diappointed with the breakfast at the hotel. Also we had to wait quite a bit before the room was ready for us.
Date of stay: September 2014Trip type: Travelled with friends
Exterior View
7.8 miles from The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore
1.1 miles from The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore
Restaurant
Carlton Hotel Singapore façade by night.
0.6 miles from The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore
View more hotels in Singapore
6,752 results
All reviews marina bay colony restaurant summer pavilion ladies and gentlemen the club lounge premier suite corner suite impeccable service luxury hotel in room dining high floor late check orchard road millennia bathtub kallang concierge
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 February 2015

I was a participating member to an international conference hosted by the RC Millenia and I stayed there for 5 nights.
This hotel is among the best hotels I have experienced. The building has a convenient location, close to the Marina (metro station a 100 m away, 5 mn walk from the new and beautiful "Gardens by the Bay") and to the business center.
Although not brand new, the hotel is in a very good condition and perfectly maintained. My room (on the 30th floor) was superb (great views from the room and from the bathroom!) with modern and very comfortable equipment. The bed was extremely comfortable. Housekeeping was just perfect and everythg had a true 5-star quality feeling.
Hotel staff was always very helpful and professional. Wifi service was free and fast.
I tried just once the breakfast buffet and it was very diversified and of good quality. The lunch buffet was even better, with recipes from various regions of the world (Asian, Indian, Japanese, European...).
The swimming pool and the fitness center are also very pleasant but less outstanding than the rest of the hotel.
The ballroom and the other facilities of the Convention center were nice and convenient for all the participants.
I do recommend the RC Millenia for both business and leisure purposes.

Room tip: The higher you get, the better the view...
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Iojik
Reviewed 3 February 2015

We stayed here for our anniversary. This is our first stay in Ritz SG. Check in was breeze, Amazing staff most notable Mr Prakash. Our room was nice , clean with great bed. Comes with a view and the bathroom were spotless.. In terms hospitality / rooms / hotel location / staffs, i have no complains. The only thing i felt was, for the Ritz standards, the pool could be better. I think my condo pool is way much better..Other than that. I would reckon this hotel. After reading other reviews, maybe i was lucky to have a good room. Here are few tips on places to go

1) Helix bridge : Just across the hotel, you can use the bridge to get to marina bay shoppes. At night, the lights will be out making it a good place to take pictures. You wont be spending more than 30 minutes here.

2) Marina bay skypark: Situated in MBS hotel. It requires you to buy ticket at 23SG per person. Dont fall for that trick. Just go to the lobby and head to Ku De Ta entrance. Ku De Ta Bar and lounge is situated at sky park itself. So lets say you and your partner get 2 beers for 20SG. You can enjoy the same sky park view with a drink rather than buying the ticket for 23SG per person with zero drinks, not even sky juice.huhuh.. Do try Ku de ta bar and lounge. Ard 6pm plus will be ideal time to go. Infinity pool is for hotel guest only.

3) Singapore flyer : Best time will be 7pm plus. Plz note all attractions in SG is pricey hence this is no exception. But it's worth it. Try it once will do.

4) Gardens by the Bay : entrance is free. Best time would be at night. The supergroove tree is beautiful. Plenty of pictures to be taken. Worth it. There is no such thing as free lunch in SG, so, you have to pay 5SG to get in to OCBC skypark. Basically you view the tree at a higher level. This is not worth it but instead, there is another entrance, whereby you pay 18SG per person and you have a drink on top of the super groove tree. There is bar. the cover charge comes with beer / spirits. This my friend is worth it.

5) Cloud forest / cloud dome : will enjoy if you are a botanist...but i entered just to take pictures and upload in my facebook...thats all...not harm trying...

6) Singapore Zoo / SEA aquarium / Night safari / bird park..All worth going...

7) Singapore boat ride : Best time will be 7.30pm plus. Plz buy straight from the jetty, if you buy from some travel agent, you can only embark from the specify jetty which maybe far from your hotel. The boat ride from which ever jetty you take covers the same area only...Fullerton hotel at night looks amazing...

8) Universal studio : A must. I enjoyed it very much. If possible, plz do spent abit more and take the express pass... not normal or unlimited rides pass. The express pass will do. trust me..it's worth it. You dont get tired playing the rides but instead its because of long waiting time. It can be really tiring and frustrating. Trust me, and you will thank me later.

lastly : You can travel everywhere in SG by using their SMRT ( monorail ). So get the prepaid pass. The map is not useful if you are not familiar with. So plz plz ask the locals for direction. which train to take and most importantly, do i need to interchange the train to get to my destination. For example, i was at sultan street and wanted to go little india. The maps asked to take the train from nicol highway, get down and interchange another train, but when i asked the taxi guy, he said just walk along this street for 20 minutes and u will reach. or take a cab costing not more than 5SG. Get my point.

Enjoy your holidays peeps......

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
8  Thank vimster
RitzCarltonSingapore, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2015

Dear vimster,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your stay and for your encouraging feedback on Prakash.

In our constant endeavors to provide the finest facilities, we will definitely look at how we can improve our pool when we have the next available opportunity. We are very fortunate be located within the Marina Bay Area where many exciting events and wonderful attractions are within minutes of our hotel.

Thank you for choosing The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards,
Peter Mainguy

Reviewed 3 February 2015

Our room was beautiful, the view was amazing sitting in bed or in the gorgeous bath. Bed was so comfortable, rooms are well lit, excellent separate storage space so you don't need to have suitcases stuffed in a cupboard. Pool is beautiful however there were many children as we went during holidays. Really loved our stay.

Room tip: Choose rooms overlooking the marina
Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Stephanie B
Reviewed 1 February 2015 via mobile

We were here for our anniversary and after a wonderful stay at the W retreat bali we were skeptic of this place being a city but to our surprise the experience was just amazing..!!
Wonderfully greeted at the reception by the hotel staff and on request being a special occasion the upgraded us to a marina bay view room..!!
The room was quite spacious unlike other city hotels which are crampy and no place to even keep the luggage and move around..!!
The in room dinning had an spectacular menu with lot of vegetarian and indian options in it.!!
All an all recommended for a good stay at this marvellous city but a bit far from the main shopping area but transport is easily available from the hotel itself..!!

Date of stay: February 2015
1  Thank Rahultherk
Reviewed 31 January 2015

I stayed at this hotel a few years ago and was thoroughly impressed so I was looking forward to another stay when I found I had to be in Singapore again. Unfortunately it was not close to my prior experiences either at Ritz in general or at this Ritz specifically. I think the hotel has begun to place much more emphasis on form than substance.

The whole property is looking a bit tired and worn. My room was nice and spacious but it seemed to look a little worn. I noticed little details like the fact that the fitness center and spa look exactly as they did 5 years ago. Parts of the hotel's exterior could have used a cleaning but maybe that's just a case of timing.

The most disappointing thing during the week was that my shower had a bit of mildew when I arrived and grew progressively worse as the week went along. I kept thinking that the housekeeping staff would handle it and made a conscious decision to not mention it just so I could see how long it went. By the time I checked out it was embarrassingly bad. Seriously, all it takes is a spray of chlorine and it would be gone. I suppose that was too much to ask.

The staff gives the appearance of being welcoming and friendly but it seems a bit forced and phony at times. There's an almost humorous drop off in the staff quality between the front door staff and the gents who handle the side door to the shopping mall. Sometimes there wasn't even anyone there and on two occasions one of the doormen was so busy checking a mobile device that he let the door go and close in our faces as we walked up.

One evening the hotel sent up a couple of bottles of Heineken as a courtesy but even that was half-hearted. The beer was on ice but was unpleasantly warm as if it had not been cooled at all before sending it up. To make it worse, the note that came along with it had my name misspelled. These are the types of little things than make me think that the staff is just going through the motions of being a luxury hotel.

Also be aware that this is one of only a couple of Ritz Carltons in the world that will not participate in the Ritz Carlton or Marriott Rewards programs. Unfortunately since my reservation was made through my corporate site I was not aware of this. Had I realized I would have definitely changed my reservations to one of the nicer hotels nearby.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
6  Thank Pacorulz
RitzCarltonSingapore, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2015

Dear Pacorulz,

It is our constant endeavor to deliver high standards of personalized service and facilities for our guests and I am embarrassed to know that it was not the case for your recent stay with us. Please accept my sincere apologies and have trust that we are taking your feedback seriously and have begun looking into the areas to make meaningful improvements.

We also currently have plans to make exciting changes to transform our public spaces to better meet the lifestyle of today’s travelers.

Oscar Postma, my Executive Assistant Manager for Rooms Division, has reached out to you via your TripAdvisor account for an opportunity to regain your confidence, and find out more on the service details of your stay.

Thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback and we hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to stay with us on your next visit to Singapore.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Warm regards,