“Excellent Hotel”

Pan Pacific Singapore
Ranked #13 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 28 March 2011

We stayed for 5 days in December on our way home to Australia. I enjoyed my entire time here. We travelled with 3 young children (1,3,4).

I did find the staff very attentive, cleaning and re-stocking was done without fault. They would even come and turn the beds down of an evening, but soon learnt we went to bed early and would do our room first.

I used the spa, i had a full body scrub, full body massage then facial. It was the best spa treatment of my entire life and will never forget it. I even fell asleep and woke myself from snoring it was so relaxing!

My 1 year old had begun to walk and fell over in the room, i rang and asked for a bandaid and the staff came very concerned, but it was only minor and even after assisting us they continued to check on us.

We had buffet breakfast every morning, which was extensive in selection, the food was fresh and continually being topped up. They made hot chocolates for my older 2 which made them very happy.

I cant fault this hotel, i am very particular due to having such young children travelling with us, because it doesnt take much to upset you when you have the stress of travelling, but this hotel was great.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Angela_workman
Ivanilee, General Manager at Pan Pacific Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2011

Dear Angela_workman,

I am glad to lean that we were able to meet your expectations and you have enjoyed your stay with us during your recent visit to Singapore!

Pan Pacific Singapore prides itself in creating memorable hotel experiences through having great relationships with our guests; hence the team at Pan Pacific Singapore joins me in thanking you for acknowledging our efforts. I trust your positive feedback on us will surely spur them to continuously strive for excellence.

Once again, thank you for sharing your invaluable experience with us and we look forward to having another pleasure to be of great service to you and your family in the not too far distant!

Area Vice President & General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (8,042)

Reviewed 28 March 2011

I've been going to Singapore for holidays for nearly a decade and having stayed in countless hotels across Singapore, all I have to say is that the Pan Pacific Singapore is definitely good value for money. Compared to many hotels around the same price range, the Pan Pacific definitely has much better facilities than most of them. The gym and swimming pool facilities are one of the best I have seen. The staff are very attentive though I have to admit that the staff at the check in desk can be less warm than the others. Probably cause the hotel is always very busy with alot of guest checking in and out. But overall their service is top notch.

Pan Pacific is quite an old hotel but the rooms have been renovated quite well compared to other older hotels which has undergone refurbishment too. Location could be better but with the new MRT yellow line its much easier to get around than previously.

The breakfast is great with alot of choices. Unfortunately can be pretty packed with diners in the morning. Maybe they need a have a bigger area to serve the all the hotel guests. The dining options are also numerous(more than 5 restaurants and bars). I've personally tried the Rang Mahal and Keyaki, and both serve excellent food.

I've made it a point to stay in Pan Pacific whenever possible when I am in Singapore. I highly recommend it for their great value and service.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Bakagomi,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and it was our pleasure to be of great service to you during your recent stay with us.

I am most delighted to learn of your appreciation towards our hotel’s facilities and the quality of service from our associates. The team at Pan Pacific Singapore joins me in thanking you for recognizing our efforts and the value of staying with us. This will definitely encourage the team to further endeavor for excellence where possible. In addition, taking your constructive observation on the breakfast venue; we will continue to seek for improvement upon current facilities offered.

Once again, thank you very much for sharing your positive feedback with us and we look forward to having another pleasure of welcoming you to Pan Pacific Singapore in the near future!

Reviewed 27 March 2011

I'll keep it short but my DH, 6 yr old DD and I stayed a week at the PP in early March. The service was great for the most part. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. We only ate breakfast in the Global Kitchen so really cannot comment on the overall dining. There were a few glitches in the wait staff at Global Kitchen but nothing major and always easily dealt with. The breakfast buffet offered lots of choices. I was content with getting the continetal bkfst buffet. The full buffet for kids was the best option price wise. My DH did ala carte which was fine except hot tea cost $10 Singapore which we thought was ridiculous especially considering his salmon omelette was $16. I think it is one way they encourage going "buffet" instead of "ala carte" and probably most people's room packages include buffet bkfst. The food was good though. Our room was great. We were on the 34 or 35th floor. The bed was comfy. Loved the shower. Modern and sleek yet very livable. Cannot beat the location for our purposes. Right next to the Marina Bay mall and Suntec so there were tons of nearby restaurants to choose from. And on course, Glutton's Bay, the MRT, Raffles are all within close walking distance. The weather was a bit cool when we were there and rainy so we only used the pool once. It was chilly but lovely to swim in and big enough. We would have actually liked a warm jacuzzi. If we return to Singapore someday we will definitely return to the Pan Pacific.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family

Dear Akgirl51997,

It was a pleasure to have you and your family as our guests during your recent visit to Pan Pacific Singpaore!

I am glad to learn that you have enjoyed your week-long stay with us and the team humbly joins me in thanking you for acknowledging our efforts in creating memorable and enjoyable hotel experience for our guests. Your observation on the prices for ala carte breakfast menu has been duly noted and we will be sure to take a further look on the pricing strategy.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you and you family for another memorable hotel experience at Pan Pacific Singapore!

Reviewed 27 March 2011

We arrived before 12pm so our booked room was not ready, but as we were not fussy about what type of room we had, we were quickly upgraded to an executive room which was excellent. The room was big and spacious and the bed extremely comfortable. The hotel had an air of calmness about it and the concierge was extremely helpful. Our flight was not until midnight but we were able to use a hospitality room leter in the day to freshen and to use the hotel facilities until our pick up time.
The hotel had direct access to shopping malls and train services, all clearly signposted.
I would say though that food and drink was extremely expensive in the hotel, a local beer was 19S$ (£9!) and don't take anything out of the minibar even to look at, it has a sensor and will charge your room account after 30seconds!!
Would definitely stay here again though.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Belinda95,

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest during your recent visit with us.

We are glad to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that of your commendation towards our Concierge team. We too appreciate your providing us an insight on the prices of dining at the hotel; please be assured that we will take your comment on board to seek for improvements where possible.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience with us and it would be our pleasure to welcome you again to Pan Pacific Singapore in the near future!

Reviewed 26 March 2011

I stayed in PanPac for a few days and found the hotel to be very efficient, extremely friendly staff including the concierge, cleaners, porters etc. The hotel also has convenient exits that lead to the business district and shopping centres in the area.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 March 2011

Date:1 MAY 2010

Great to stay in this hotel. Rooms lovely and nicely done out. Great view from the room.The breakfast was the best ever in the hotels that we stayed in Singapore.We stayed at the hotel for 5 days.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 March 2011

We stayed on Monday 21st. March and booked into the Pacific Club. Wow...what an experience. From the minute we arrived at the foyer until the minute we unfortuantly had to leave, we never wanted for anything. The service, atmosphere, cleanliness & just those little things that so many places seem to miss were all part of the experience. Initially, we looked at another motel, however seeing the excellent reviews of this hotel, we could not ignore and decided to book -so glad we did!
Well done to all the team and we cant wait to head back. We will thoroughly recommend this to all our travelling friends.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear LuvvyAustralia,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Pan Pacific Singapore and we are most delighted to learn that we have lived up to your expectations during your recent stay with us.

The team at Pacific Club gladly joins me in thanking you for recognizing our efforts in creating memorable and enjoyable hotel experience for you. It is such an honour to learn of your very positive feedback; taking your experience on board, we will continuously strive for excellence upon current facilities and services provided.

Once again, thank you for sharing your invaluable feedback with us and we look forward to welcoming you again for another memorable hotel experience at Pan Pacific Singapore!