“Amazing location and Views”

Pan Pacific Singapore
Ranked #13 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing location and Views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

As a solo travel who likes her luxury I was looking for a place to stay which was relatively central and I was recommended the Pan Pacific by my sister, who was there 10 years ago. Her stay was fabulous and as was mine.

I had a pick up booked from the airport, however my pick up car did not turn up. I wasn't upset at all as these things happen and I managed to get a taxi to the hotel. When I told the checkin staff that I was expecting a car, he apologised immediately. I wasn't expecting any compensation, as it was just a pick up, however, the kind gentleman upgraded my room to the 34th floor and gave me a fabulous room with an amazing view of the city. I was really grateful and impressed with their service and hospitality.

The hotel is located in a very convenient location, with a direct link to a mall, this was ideal for any last minute or emergency shopping. The hotel also has a lovely spa, where I had a Chinese massage. I cannot remember the massage therapist's name, however she thoroughly got rid of all my aches and knots.

Room service is exactly what you expect from any 5 star hotel, prompt, helpful and quality of the food was exceptional. The hotel has a few in house restaurants and the Indian is a must! I am Indian myself and it was one of the best Indian restaurants I have visited.

I stayed for 3 night and had a wonderful experience at the Pan Pacific and will definitely stop over here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room over looking the Marina.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Meera404
PPSINGCS, Manager at Pan Pacific Singapore, responded to this review, 13 February 2012
Dear Miromura,

What a pleasure to learn of your stay experience and I am most grateful for your appreciation towards our effort. Thank you for sharing your Pacific experience with us here on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Manager, Guest Care Services

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,453)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

Took a stopover in Singapore for a night on our way back to Australia from Langkawi on our babymoon in June 2011. We were to land in Sangapore around 10.30 pm and had a flight out next day in the evening. Thanks to a small delay, by the time we reached the hotel it was just past midnight. Check in took a bit of a while as there were a couple of people ahead of us, or maybe I felt it to be long as I was half a sleep. We were given a free upgrade to a higher category room. The room was fantastic. Ultramodern with motorised blinds and curtains. As the room was on a higher level, we had a nice view of the city. Having a hot shower before going to sleep was heavenly. We were even allowed to check out an hour and a half late on request. They took care of our luggage while we could meet some friends and do some shopping. The best part was the location. Close to two MRT stations, the major malls and Marina Bay. My wife loved the location as it was very shopping friendly. The only sore thing about this stay was that I just got 12 hours in this fantastic hotel. This is now our preferred hotel in Singapore and am looking forward to stay there next time I am in Singapore. Thank you Pan Pacific.

Room Tip: Higher level rooms have a nice view of the city.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Harry P,

It was our great pleasure to have you and your wife as our guests! I am delighted that you have thoroughly enjoyed the stay with us. The team at Pan Pacific Singapore joins me in thanking you for recognising our effort in creating a memorable hotel experience for you. We certainly look forward to welcoming you again for another great hotel experience with us in the near future!

Queensland, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

We stayed for a couple of nights at this hotel and found the location excellent for shopping, food and great views of Marina Bay. The hotel is connected to at least 3 malls that I can remember. I got a really good deal with Expedia through the TA website.
Our room overlooked Marina Bay Sands and the Singapore Flyer.
Excellent customer service all throughout the hotel. We were very happy with our room. The only thing I did not like are the elevators but this is only because I'm afraid of heights. My husband thought the lifts were awesome!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FITCHICK711
Dear FITCHICK711,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your Pacific experience with us! I am pleased that you have enjoyed the hotel’s facility and service. We are most grateful for your appreciation towards our effort. Taking your positive feedback on board, we will continuously seek for improvement on our current experience.

kuala lumpur
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

Just back from a conference in Pan Pacific Singapore. Left my luggage at the concierge during check out as the conference ended at 5pm that day. When I went back to get my luggage, to my shock one of the three luggage was not mine at all. After searching and finally approached by Rene who sincerely and honestly told me that he is not sure where it is but he will try to find it. At first, I had lost all hope of getting the luggage with sentimental items in it when he told me someone else took mine by mistake. Took my flight back. And on the taxi back near to midnight got a call from Mark who call and said my luggage was found in a neighbouring state. Mr Mohd Ibrahim drove all the way from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur (thats about 500km!) and took it from the person who mistaken my luggage and handed to me the next morning. I was so grateful that my luggage was found. No amount of money could actually replace it. Ibrahim drove back to Singapore after handed me the luggage.

I have enjoyed my stay in Pan Pacific Singapore for 3 nights. The room was great. Comparable to most 5 stars all over the world.

Mistakes do happen.

But its how Pan Pacific Staffs -- Rene, Mark and Ibrahim reacted that showed that how responsibility, sincerity, honesty, care and kindness makes the difference and makes it truly WORLD CLASS!

1 Thank lianKualaLumpur
Dear lianKualaLumpur,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest. We sincerely appreciate your kind understanding on the shortfall and your appreciation towards our effort. Rene, Mark and Ibrahim gladly join me in thanking you for acknowledging their effort! We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Shumen, Bulgaria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

Very good hotel,clean with very good preakfast and perfect location-nearby malls and on a walking distance to Marina Bay,Merlion and sky Park hotel

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
PPSINGCS, Manager at Pan Pacific Singapore, responded to this review, 10 February 2012
Dear BoykoShumen_Bulgaria,

Thank you for sharing your Pacific experience with us. We will look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

I booked Pan pacific based on the review. But the review doesn't go the justice. I mean, Pan Pacific is not the number one hotel in Singapore? you gotta be kidding me

This hotel sits on best location, next to MRT station. connected with a giant mall with cheap and delicious food.

The lobby is spacious and very nice Chinese theme (it's Chinse New year week) The Front Desk (arrival) was buys with two groups ahead of me, but the Pacific Club desk took care of me right away. I decided pay some extra for a higher harbour view room.

The room is spacious and very modern. the bathroom has it's seperate shower stall and tub. the view is what you paid for. Harbour, Skyscrapers and the famous Mandarin Oriental hotel and the Marina Bay Sand hotel and casino are all at your foot . Open a sliding door, you can chillout on the balcony.

yes, i had some problem with the wi-fi initially, but the IT team took care of that in a timely manner. They install a router in my room and since then I never had problem.

I was holding a drink enjoy my stay at pool side on the first day. Then I checked my email and realized that Pan Pacific has sent me a survey. Yes, I acknowledged my disatification about the wi-fi in my survey. Oh boy, what I got is beyond my expectation. they upgraded me to the club level suites. And they have four or five staff surround me like I was the king. There are fresh fruits, bottled water and newspaper everyday, not to mention, 24 hours access to the lounge room at level 33 only available to the guest of club level. 24 hours beverage and snack. And the view in my room. Oh My, you need to be there to appreciate what money can buy. I never really want to leave my room for two days. And they have two big Flat TV in my room. I know, I know I was blubbling. but this nice experience just tell you that the Pan Pacific Hotel Cares about their guests' well being and feeling and they care about their reputation more than anything. They are there to please you, and they bend backwards. I am not asking everyone to complaint to get the nice treatment, because you get the nice treatment from them anyway. They are one of kind. I am sure that I will come back to this fantancy world anytime I am in Singapre.

And many many thanks to Jennifer Wong and her team. They didn't make me feel home, they make me feel like a king ( I was a little uncomfortable, but in a good way). Jenny, your attention to detail and your sense of urgency really is the best assetts of the Pan Pacific. With your dedication, I sure Pan Pacific will become No one hotel in singapre soon.

1 Thank CoolDaniel
Dear DanielMinneapolis,

What a pleasure to learn of your feedback on TripAdvisor! We are grateful for your choosing Pan Pacific Singapore and for sharing your experience with us. Pan Pacific Singapore prides itself in creating memorable hotel experiences through having great relationships with our guests. The team at Pan Pacific Singapore joins me in thanking you for acknowledging our efforts. We will certainly look forward to welcoming you again for another memorable hotel experience with us soon!

Waterloo, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

I'm staying in Singapore for work, and playing tourist at well.

First, let me say that the views from the upper floors, and going up the external elevators are impressive. Needless to say that the location is excellent. City Hall and Esplanade MRT stops are nearby and can get you anywhere in the city. China Town, Orchard Park and the Vivo City link to Sentosa are all short rides. The taxi stand outside is staffed by hotel attendants and always seems to have several taxis waiting, for near immediate service. Watch out for "limo" taxis. They cost more but queue up like regular blue, silver and other taxis.

The Pan Pacific has met all of my expectations for a good work-travel hotel. If I could afford it, I would happily stay as a tourist as well. The hot water runs consistently and freely. The cleaning staff are reliable, and don't move my things around, but they also don't use a bit of clutter as an excuse not to clean. Bathroom, linens and surfaces are always sparkling. The "Service One" concierge staff are prompt and accommodating. The laundry/dry cleaning service sends someone up right away and returns (as if by magic) your clothes directly to your closet. It could get expensive for a long stay, but laundromats are few and far between. The towels are large, clean and absorbent, and the robes are nice. The toiletries are good enough quality for my long hair and sensitive skin. The wifi provides a fast and consistent connection. The hotel provides all relevant cables that might be useful to hook up some electronics to the tv (hdmi, dvi, svga, etc.). Some (all?) of the outlets in the room are international, so you can plug in your NA adapters, as long as they support 240V.

The hotel happily (invisibly) complied with my request to empty out the min-bar so I could store my own drinks/food.

Three malls (Suntec, Marina Square and... one other) can be accessed directly from the 3rd and 4th floors of the hotel, through the "back" entrance. The malls contain cheap but tasty food courts, coffee shops (including 2x Starbucks) and more shopping than any one person could ever need, from higher end/luxury items, to good "bargains".

The restaurants are expensive, even for Singapore standards, but good. The Sushi in the restaurant on the 4th floor is some of the best I've ever had, but for SG120 ++ for a 9pc Nigiri set meal, it's pretty steep.

The gym looks pretty good. I haven't checked out the pool yet, but I probably won't, so I'll send off this update sans-pool.

Room Tip: Higher level floors afford great views, especially if you can face the marine. Arrive late with a g...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
PPSINGCS, Manager at Pan Pacific Singapore, responded to this review, 8 February 2012
Dear cee-food,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and I am thrilled to learn that you have thoroughly enjoyed the hotel’s facility and service. The team at Pan Pacific Singapore joins me in thanking you for recognising our effort in creating memorable hotel experiences!