“Make sure you have hotel voucher with you on departure” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pan Pacific Singapore

Pan Pacific Singapore
Ranked #15 of 309 Hotels in Singapore
Brisbane, Australia
“Make sure you have hotel voucher with you on departure”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

On arrival gave them my hotel voucher which included breakfast. This, I was assured was duly noted on my booking.
When I went to check out was given bill for breakfast . I mentioned was included and they asked see voucher. I had left my luggage in luggage storage on checkout as had late night flight. I was made to go out to incredibly hot luggage storage room, find my suitcase and hotel voucher and show them again to avoid charges. By then I was feeling upset and annoyed. I had arranged my last day to arrive for travel as refreshed as possible by having massage in hotel spa and shower but by the time had gone to luggage room and all the hassle at desk just felt hot and awful. I put these details on hotel feedback form and received apology and offer for upgrade to Pacific club room next visit but not sure if I would stay there again.

Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank paigeleaf
PPSINGCS, Manager at Pan Pacific Singapore, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear paigeleaf,

We are truly regretful of your unpleasant experience and would like to apologise, once again, for your disappointment. We will be sure to take your experience on board to improve upon the service shortfall. We remain hopeful to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,389)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

The stay was superb. We had a small hiccup at the start by getting stuck in a lift for about 1.5 hours. when the hotel staff released us from the lift they could not have done anything more to help us. The operations managers were very concerned about our welfare and we had an introduction to the resident manager who was also very apologetic. First of all they offered a complimentary dinner and then access to the pacific room for the duration of our stay. The hotel was very busy and full as it was air show week but all the staff were very polite and attentive. The rooms were large and very comfortable with the room staff very helpful when asked for assistance on things to do in Singapore. Very close to two MRT stations and multiple shopping malls. All in all we would recommend and will visit again soon

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PPSINGCS, Manager at Pan Pacific Singapore, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Sabina1959,

We are delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay. The team at Pan Pacific Singapore looks forward to welcoming you again for another memorable hotel experience in the near future.

Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed a week on business and yet again the pan pacific delivers. From the professional attentive staff to the excellent buffet it's in a great location and the rooms are spacious and kitted out well.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Butman71,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and I am delighted that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay. Thank you for recognizing our effort in creating memorable hotel experience by sharing your experience here on TripAdvisor. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

We booked a room here for the first weekend of January as we wanted a nice cosy, central place to rest/prepare for our wedding. Pan Pac has been highly rated and as locals, we have had impressions that this would be a classy place to stay.

However, how disappointed we were.

Firstly, my husband had emailed the hotel a week in advance to inform them that I would be the one checking in on our behalf as my bridal preparations would take longer. The manager acknowledged this but clearly this was never communicated to the front desk. My florist had arrived at the concierge a few hours early to deliver my bridal bouquet (under my name) but the hotel did not seem to register this. Consequently, the hotel had to ring me and after a lengthy discussion which was completely unnecessary to a nervous bride during which I explained that i indeed had a booking there, this was resolved. Thought this was one off and as much as it left a distaste in my mood, I got over it.

Second, when I checked into the room, the view was horrendous, overlooking a construction site (which was not ideal for my in-room photography), so I decided to opt for a better view, and was promised that a bell boy would assist with the luggage within 10 minutes. I had not unpacked at all (called within 5 minutes of looking at the view) and just sat in the room waiting for what turned out to be more than 45 minutes. I made several calls in between and explained that my make-up team and photographers would be arriving and yet the service was still so slow. I had a wedding reception to be ready for and the room was taking so long. Finally it came almost an hour and my make up and hair crew had to get started immediately to prevent further delay.

Third, in our haste to leave the hotel to our wedding venue, my wedding gown was left behind, outside the hotel room door. My bridesmaid called the hotel to ask if they could check if the gown was outside our room, and NOT ONCE but TWICE, the staff said no. This caused immense stress on me and my family. We were so afraid that the gown was lost. My bro-in-law had to leave the wedding mid-way to personally check if the gown was there and lo and behold, there it was, outside the room door!!! Did the service staff even bother to check? This had caused so much undue stress on all of us, especially me. I was thinking of my lost gown during my solemnization. Not what I expected of Pan Pacific hotel at all.

If you're expecting great service here, moderate your expectations. Long waiting time, sub-par service. The only redeeming factor of our stay there was the breakfast spread. Very disappointing indeed Pan Pac. Suggest you buck up your service.

We would not recommend this hotel especially if you're preparing for your wedding.

Room Tip: There's always construction going on outside the hotels so if you're one for views, suggest...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank AjiHan
PPSINGCS, Manager at Pan Pacific Singapore, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear AjiHan,

I am truly regretful that your recent visit was not as memorable as we would wish to create and would like to take this opportunity to invite you to contact me at jennifer.wong@panpacific.com to personally extend my sincere apologies for the service shortfalls.

Thank you for your feedback and I look forward to hear from you soon.

Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

An outstanding hotel in all respects. Service, staff and accommodations met all our expectations. The nicest touch was to arrive at 3 am after a 36 hour journey and given an upgraded room! It is a great location overlooking Marina Bay and convenient for everywhere. Breakfast was a real treat with such an overwhelming selection to meet everyone's taste.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike G
Dear Mike G,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we thank you for sharing your memorable experiences here on TripAdvisor. The team at Pan Pacific Singapore joins me in thanking you for recognizing our efforts and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Den Bosch, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

Early morning arrival and early morning (next day) departure on our way from Europe to Australia so only one day in Singapore and the luxury of having a base to have a short sleep in the morning, a great location to visit the city's famous spots and dedicated professional staff ensuring we were able to experience the short stay as much as possible.

Spacious room (Twin Harbour studio) and clean as you would expect in Singapore.

Room Tip: Definitely have a room with Harbour view
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Edgar-NL,

I am pleased that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay at Pan Pacific Singapore and we look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable hotel experience in the near future.

Casalecchio di Reno, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

Stayed once again after many times and second in a row in S'pore after renovation.
It's still by far the best option @ Marina Bay in terms of value for money and service is outstanding. What I mean is that attendance to the client is great from check-in throughout the whole stay experience. Due to high occupancy when I arrived my room wasn't available and I had to put off my check-in by a few hours, which didn't bother me as I went for dinner.
When I came back I got upgraded from a Deluxe Room to a Harbour Studio.
From the logistic point of view the Pan Pacific is perfectly located near the gorgeous spot of Marina Bay (Merlion, Esplanade, lotus-shaped ArtScience Museum, boat-shaped Marina Bay Sands, Gardens by the Bay) and physically connected to the Marina Square shopping mall.
Must-do @ Pan Pacific: go for a ride on one of their panoramic elevators, the view over Marina Bay is worth the cost of your stay

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear stefanofior,

Thank you for your continuous support to Pan Pacific Singapore. Taking your positive review and constructive feedback on board, we will continue to strive towards achieving excellence in service and facility. The team at Pan Pacific Singapore looks forward to welcoming you again for another memorable hotel experience in the near future.