“Excellent Hotel”

Pan Pacific Singapore
Ranked #14 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Everything works perfectly. You can find a various kind of food. The breakfast is wonderful with different kind of food and drinks. The room is spacious, cleaned every day. The sight from the window is marvelous. The swimming pool is excellent. The fitness center is clean, spacious and beautiful. The staff is polite and helpful.
Congratulations!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Masjr
PPSINGCS, Manager at Pan Pacific Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear Masjr,

It was our great pleasure to have you as our guest and we are pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your stay. Thank you for sharing your experiences here on TripAdvisor and for recognizing our effort in providing excellent service and facility. We look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable hotel experience in the near future.

Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (8,153)

Reviewed 21 February 2014

We booked a Club Room at this hotel and that choice was well worth the extra cost. From the moment we arrived (early) at the Club Lounge to the moment we left (late) we felt well looked-after by the welcoming staff.
Our room was on the 33rd floor, so the views over Singapore were superb. The room itself was well appointed and comfortable. Service was excellent. The hotels position is quite central and within easy reach of all the attractions we wished to visit.
Overall we felt we had made the perfect choice for our short stay in Singapore

Room Tip: Get a Club room - they are well worth it.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IanHYarm

Dear IanHYarm,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guests and we thank you for sharing your memorable experiences here on TripAdvisor. The team at Pan Pacific Singapore look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Quiet, well-appointed, refined hotel. The Edge restaurant is very good for breakfast. But the Pan Pacific and other high-end hotels in the Marina Square area are some distance from the CBD. The streets in the Marina Square area are not pedestrian-friendly (some do not have sidewalks) as most walking is done through extensive shopping malls, but routes through malls are not noted on tourist maps.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NVCBJ

Dear NVCBJ,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guests and I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay. Thank you for sharing your review here on TripAdvisor and we hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back for another memorable hotel experience in the near future.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

The best hotel in Singapore, nay at least in the region, just keeps on surpassing itself. I have already extolled the many things that make this hotel great. All I can say is try it for yourself whether for a vacation or staycation.
Splurge on a room that affords Pacific Club access, you will not be disappointed.

I wish that whomever is in charge of the Pan Pacific brand, or heads up its Asia Pacific team, could work their magic and bring other PP hotels up the same, or even similar, standards.

The Pan Pacific in Perth, Australia is just one example of the wide chasm between the levels of service and F&B offerings in the lounge and restaurants when compared to those in Singapore that needs to be addressed before the brand risks taking a serious battering.

Room Tip: Any room or deal that affords you access to the Pacific Club - the benefits are amazing.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BouBali
PPSINGCS, Manager at Pan Pacific Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear BouBali,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and thank you for sharing your GREAT experience here on TripAdvisor. It will be our pleasure to welcoming you again for another memorable hotel experience soon.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I stayed here 4 nights 16 - 20 February. Check in was efficient, but when I arrived there were only two clerks, one was checking in someone and the other was dealing with an English manager from the hotel and a couple of other staff. At no time did any of them acknowledge me and say they'd be a couple of minutes. I was asked if I'd like a paper in the mornings and I asked for a Straits Times, but it was never delivered on any morning, except the last. During my stay I received an email with a survey about my stay and I mentioned both things. On my last night I asked reception for an early morning call and the lad was entering it into his computer and he noticed my comment. As he knew I was off to the airport the next morning, he said he'd order a cab and it would be complimentary. I had two emails from Customer Service and when I checked out, the lady came to apologise, for what were minor irritations. She gave the taxi driver the voucher and I was at the airport very quickly. That's what I call service.

The room was large and airy, with two easy chairs. On the wall by the bed, was a glass panel, that looked straight into the shower. There was an electric blind for privacy however. At first I thought that there was very little cupboard space, but the bathroom door did double duty. When the bathroom was closed, the cupboard was open and vice versa. The air con was efficient.

The shower was hot and efficient, and had overhead rain, hinged wall and hand outlets. The shampoo and conditioner was ok, but I couldn't get the shower gel to lather very well and ended up using soap.

There were three bottles of water by the bed, when I arrived., which ere replaced as necessary. The whole of the exterior wall was a floor to ceiling window, with two electric blinds. A sun blind and a Roman blind. Not a particularly nice view. A fairly small flat screen tv, that was very hi tech and plenty of channels, including BBC World. Wifi was free, but seemed at bit hit and miss at times, especially in the mornings.

The bed seemed hard at first, but I slept well, and have no complaints. Breakfast was included in my rate, as I'd flown in with Singapore Airlines and was extensive. There were lots of food stations each with different foods. Obviously a lot of Asian breakfast foods as well as various types of Western food. One disappointment was the bacon, which is American style, thus crispy and fatty. Why not have some back bacon with lots of meat? The food was excellent.

On the whole an excellent hotel and one I'd recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, facing Marina Square.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank mktraveller

Dear mktraveller,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we would like to thank you, once again, for your positive and constructive feedback received during your stay. Rest assured that we will continue in our effort to seek for improvement upon our services and facilities. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

1st impressions very good however then all downhill. Workmen peering into room window so we had to pull blinds & switch on lights! Lifts it functioning correctly and found ourselves stopping at every floor whilst engineers flew up and down in the others!
We didn't complain as management knew about problems as notices pinned around & on our TV screen.
Big come down from 6 star cruise - thank goodness we are spending last two nights in Singapore in another hotel...

Very disappointed.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yorkshire1245

Dear Yorkshire1245,

We are most appreciative of your constructive feedback as relates to our lift facility and please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you have had. We hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

On arrival gave them my hotel voucher which included breakfast. This, I was assured was duly noted on my booking.
When I went to check out was given bill for breakfast . I mentioned was included and they asked see voucher. I had left my luggage in luggage storage on checkout as had late night flight. I was made to go out to incredibly hot luggage storage room, find my suitcase and hotel voucher and show them again to avoid charges. By then I was feeling upset and annoyed. I had arranged my last day to arrive for travel as refreshed as possible by having massage in hotel spa and shower but by the time had gone to luggage room and all the hassle at desk just felt hot and awful. I put these details on hotel feedback form and received apology and offer for upgrade to Pacific club room next visit but not sure if I would stay there again.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank paigeleaf

Dear paigeleaf,

We are truly regretful of your unpleasant experience and would like to apologise, once again, for your disappointment. We will be sure to take your experience on board to improve upon the service shortfall. We remain hopeful to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.