“Fantastic Hotel and Staff”

Pan Pacific Singapore
Ranked #13 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Perth, Australia
“Fantastic Hotel and Staff”
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the Pacific Club Rooms and were treated like royalty. The staff were genuinely friendly and always happy to assist - nothing was too much trouble. We had a lot of fun with the staff in the Club Lounge as they are all fantastic!!!! The rooms were large and comfortable with great bedding. Perfect hotel location connected to all shopping centres and great views of Marina Bay......
We will definitely stay here (Pacific Club) on our next trip to Singapore!!!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jasmine D
PPSINGCS, Manager at Pan Pacific Singapore, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Jasmine D,

I am pleased that you and your friends have thoroughly enjoyed your stay at Pan Pacific Singapore and we look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable hotel experience in the near future.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,539)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 4 April 2014

This is my third stay at this hotel on corporate rate. I stayed at the Marina Bay Sands for a day and then moved to Pan Pacific for 3 nights for work. Decided to return to this hotel due to its great location being connected to the Marina Square shopping mall. The service is definitely on the downtrend. I arrived for an early check-in at around 11 AM (due to my early check-out from MBS). To my surpise, there was no sign for the "check-in" counter. I walked over to the other 2 counters just to see signs saying "check-out". Staffs were not even helpful for offer to ask me whether I am checking-in. I guessed staffs do not have common-sense even when seeing me with a luggage entering their hotel entrance. A staff should have just asked me whether I am checking in. I returned to queue at the first counter to check-in. After 10 minutes of queuing, there were at least 5 other guests waiting to check-in. Most were complaining how inefficient the staffs were. The check-in counter was being handled by only 1 staff, while the check-out counters were being handled by at least 4 staffs. 5 minutes later, I was told to go to the check-out counter since it was empty. Upon reaching the counter to check-in, I politely asked whether it is too early to check-in. The staff said that there is a room available but that I would have to wait a couple of minutes. He checked me in and asked me whether I needed a wake-up call. I responded by saying "Yes, I need a wake-up call at 6 AM". He then told me to sit and wait for the room. This staff then continued to check-in other guests. The same process was repeated where guests were checked-in but had to sit and wait for their room to be ready. After 10 minutes of sitting, I decided to approach the counter asking for the room, which the staff finally gave me the room key.
Aside from the check-in problems, the room is very clean and the layout is nice. The next problem went to the television set, where the remote control did not work. I had to call the technician to replace the battery. The following morning, there was also no wake-up call at all. But luckily, i set the alarm on my iPhone. The other problem faced by many guests is the slow speed of the elevator. The waiting time for the elevator is so long especially in the morning. I am not too sure whether all the elevators were working.
In terms of location, the hotel is connected to the shopping mall, which is very convenient. You wouldn't have to leave the shopping mall if you were not shopping for a particular brand.
Overall, the hotel was just average. I feel that the service is on the downtrend. I am sure I would not choose this 5-star hotel during my next business trip as service has been disappointing.

Room Tip: If possible, try to ask for rooms on floors above 25 as they use another set of elevators. If not, b...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Journey_Delight,

I am truly regretful that your most recent visit was not as memorable as we would wish to create and would like to take this opportunity to invite you to contact me at jennifer.wong@panpacific.com to personally extend my sincere apologies for the service shortfalls. Thank you for your feedback and I look forward to hear from you soon.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 4 April 2014

As my title indicates, this was my third time at the Pan Pacific. I love it so much I want to live here.

The service is what makes this hotel a 5 star property. Every person I interacted with was gracious and helpful. What I experience in service here I have yet to experience in any hotel: London, Zurich, Munich, NYC, etc. Never had such amazing service in other cosmopolitan locations.

Prema, Raphael, Roy, and every member of the Pacific Club team are amazing. I have an allergy to common soaps and products and they were able to impress me with the level they went to to have my favorite amenities there.

I definitely feel the Pacific Club provides a great value: all meal there are lovely. Cocktails, too.

The hotel's facilities are very nice. Edge has wonderful food. The room is comfortable and functional and clean.

When traveling for business away from my family and after such a long flight, checking in here is like coming to a friend's house--with an amazing view!

Thank you, Pan Pacific.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms with views of the Marina are fabulous. I believe they are on floors 34 and 35.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sfcats
Dear Sfcats,

Thank you for your great support to Pan Pacific Singapore and I am pleased that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay. Thank you for recognizing our associates’ effort in creating memorable hotel experiences and we will continue to strive towards achieving excellence. The team at Pan Pacific Singapore looks forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Checked in at 1.00am Sunday and this was handled quite well. The rooms have been renovated in the last couple of years although slightly on the small size. The bathroom was okay and the shower has three different heads, some people may like this I personally can not see the point.
My main criticism with this property was the breakfast on Sunday morning. We had to wait for 10 to 15 minutes to be seated for a 5 star hotel I do not think this is good enough. The breakfast area has multiple food stations for different cuisines, if they removed one of these they may be able to have more tables and less of a seating delay.
Our room had a view of the Marina which is worth the extra money in my opinion. I do not think I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Compton1973
Dear Compton 1973,

I am truly regretful of your less than satisfactory stay experience and would like to take this opportunity to invite you to contact me at jennifer.wong@panpacific.com to personally extend my sincere apologies for the service shortfalls. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

PA
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Nothing to complain about here. Nice hotel, great service, pool, gym, close to MRT, and can walk to lots of places. Frugal folks can skip the expensive breakfast buffet and go to a hawker center for good cheap food.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pizpa
PPSINGCS, Manager at Pan Pacific Singapore, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear pizpa,

We are glad to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and we thank you for recognizing our efforts by sharing your experience here on TripAdvisor. The team at Pan Pacific Singapore looks forward to welcoming you again for another memorable hotel experience in the near future.

Australia
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I stayed here with a friend for a four night long weekend last weekend. We had a great room on the 27th floor with an amazing view of Marina Sands and the bay. The beds were really comfortable, the bathroom was big, and there was a lounge and desk. Wi fi was good and included in the price. The staff were friendly and helpful. Checkin and out were good. The bar in the lobby did great cocktails with happy hour between 5pm and 7pm each night. The breakfast buffet was very good with items from many cuisines. All items were constantly topped up and nothing was too much trouble for the restaurant staff. The gym was clean and tidy and the pool area and changerooms spotless. The hotel was well situated near Marina Sands Mall and only a 10-15 min walk to Marina Sands Hotel/Ku de Ta, the Bayside Gardens and Singapore Flyer. Raffles Hotel was less than 10 mins walk away. A great hotel in a great location.

Room Tip: Pay a bit extra for a larger room with breakfast included
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Ms KimD2009,

It was our pleasure to have you and your friends as our guests and I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable hotel experience in the near future.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

My husband & I spent 3 nights at the panpacific in Singapore.
The hotel itself is nice & clean
Great shower & bathroom.
Good location & good gym.
However we booked a king room & got 'upgraded' to a higher floor with 2 single beds for our wedding anniversary......
We were asked if we wanted a newspaper which we said we did but never received one.
Food on the lower floor was bad. Bf on the lower floor was terrible, slow, overcooked & a we requested a gluten free bread basket but received a normal bread basket after finishing our luke warm eggs.
Breakfast in the main buffet area was good, huge range of foods & something for everyone.
Not sure of we would stay again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tamanwar
Dear tamanwar,

I am truly regretful and apologetic that your most recent visit was not as memorable as we would wish to create and would like to take this opportunity to invite you to contact me at jennifer.wong@panpacific.com to personally extend my sincere apologies for the service shortfalls.